Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 8: December 2018 - January 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes! Thats a dress I like and I think it suits her very very well. From color to fit and from fit to color.

Does anyone know whether the fabric for the Queen's dresses is designed exclusively for her? It's probably mentioned in Angela Kelly's book but I don't have it.

At the banquet stunning I loved the coiour that cream/white is so hard to wear

Does anyone know whether the fabric for the Queen's dresses is designed exclusively for her? It's probably mentioned in Angela Kelly's book but I don't have it.

I pulled out my copy to check. She doesn't say anything about custom fabrics.
There must be quite a storeroom though because she talks about having fabrics that date from 1961 and some even older. Some of these were gifts to HM and others were purchased both in Britain and overseas. Ms. Kelly has real love of fabric and apparently would even check local suppliers while on tour with HM. From the sounds of things, it would be almost as fun to play in the fabric storeroom as it would the jewel vault.

Thank you so much for looking in the book (I must get a copy because I'm sure I'd love it). It sounds like the fabrics are purchased rather than made specially, which makes sense given the amount of day dresses she requires. I do recall something about bespoke fabrics being made for evening dresses but I think this was years ago when Hardy Amies was designing a lot of her wardrobe.

I could play in that fabric storeroom for months on end & never be bored. I have an embarrassing amount of fabric myself but I'm sure it isn't the smallest fraction of what the Queen has.

What a lovely shade of pink on the queen and a brilliant hat,H.M.looks years younger than 93!

Last edited:
Since this is the fashion thread, I am putting this here. There is a new book coming out this fall: Our Colorful Queen: A Tribute to Queen Elizabeth II and her Colorful Wardrobe by Sali Hughes. I saw it on Amazon and pre-ordered it. It sounded like it would be interesting.

I love the dress HM wore when meeting the Australian PM.

A very elegant look, and wonderful combination of restrained colours -greyish beige and Parma violet.

Last edited:
It really didn't look very warm and she looks dressed for it and even hauled out the glass coach for warmth. We don't want her getting pneumonia on her official birthday.

It really didn't look very warm and she looks dressed for it and even hauled out the glass coach for warmth. We don't want her getting pneumonia on her official birthday.

It was quite blustery in the morning at the time of the carriage rides, with forecasts for rain. I suspect that is why the glass coach was used.

The only thing i didn't like was the way the outfit seemed to blend with the interior of the carriage making it harder to see HM. I guess it was a result of the last minute decision to use the closed coach.

Loved the colour and matching hat,perfect choice for a cool early summer day,the brooch too was stunning!

It's rare that I envy a fabric that Elizabeth is wearing - but I serious WANT this. I don't know what I'd make it into, but I think it is so subtly yummy.

For some reason this ensemble reminds me so much of the Queen Mother, the combination of the color, the loose fit of the coat, and the floral hat, I suppose. It's a lovely color on Her Majesty, and I like the hat, very much. It's nice to see a different shape hat on her for a change!

Perfect look! I'd love to know what they're talking about. ?

This is tied for my favourite hat of the day, I adore the little upturn in the brim. It just makes it different. The colours are divine on HM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom