Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 8: December 2018 - January 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Elizabeth lovely at the 150th Anniversary of Sainsbury's in London today May 22:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
A lovely colour & style for HM - my elderly, silver-haired mother wears this colour well too.

:previous: I have to admit that it tickles my fancy when I look at each ensemble and smile at the ultimate style influencer in the BRF. She's got colour blocking down to a science and is not showing us how to best display the tiny prints that seem to be all the "thing" this Spring.

Those gorgeous flashes of colour and design are glimpsed at the necklines of her coats designed to do just that and also to give a bigger splash at the bottom of the coat when the pretty florals flash as she walks. This latest mint green coat is a marvel of design and the white-backed floral dress looks great with its small pleats. I would love a full-length shot of the dress but I doubt that will ever happen.

At the Chelsea Flower Show, Catherine's print looked overly fussy beside the Queen with her bright and busy print dress covered by a lovely pale lime coat with a very interesting hook up instead of buttons,

Another pretty look for Queen Elizabeth at the British Airways headquarters at Heathrow Airport today, May 23:

** Full view **

Queen Elizabeth in royal blue for the Sunday church service today, May 26:

** Upper part **

As much as I like the light pink ensemble from the garden party, as less do I like the other dress. The colors are nice, but I don't think its a pattern that suits her very much.

What a lovely shade of light pink on the queen,the hat brooch too are both worth a mention.

That shade of pink really suits her. Angela Kelly does a wonderful job of dressing The Queen.

BTW the Queen is wearing The City of London Lily brooch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Queen Elizabeth recycled a lovely print dress for audiences today, May 30:

** Full view **

The queen looking lovely today in her mint green outfit.

Her Majesty is lovely, as always.

Her Majesty looks wonderful, as always.

Is it my imagination (I hope), or are some of HM's clothes looking a little baggy - like she has lost weight and things haven't been re-fitted. It seems to be more the dresses than the coats. See audience dress in post #166 above. I also noticed it in the dress she wore for the US state visit, the pictures where they were looking at items from the Royal Collection. It makes me worry a bit.

Its normal that people that age lose some weight.
Although I havent noticed that.

It's not just weight loss that can happen as you get older, it's the weight ...shift. Things aren't quite where they used to be, and that can affect how the clothes fit.

I realize that as I am personally going through it. What surprises me is that adjustments haven't been made to outfits.

maybe because its more comfortable for her this way. And its not as if it is looking too weird.

My mother is 89 & her clothes are becoming looser on her. Perhaps the Queen's dressmakers need to adjust the dummies they use.

The Queen looks lovely today and as always, her radiant smile is the best accessory.

This is a very pretty shade of blue for HM. She looks fabulous - as ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom