Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 8: December 2018 - January 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a little uncomfortable about commenting on fashion worn to a funeral, but I have to say HM looks very dignified and elegant.

I agree, very elegant, very dignified. In keeping with tradition she is not wearing "mourning" but attending the funeral of a beloved friend, that is as near as she has ever come to full mourning and since black with anything is an occasion, I have to admit that she looked so elegant and dignified. Pity her son didn't bother making an effort for his own mother's funeral. Rumpled blue suit, bright tie. No wonder it looked like HM was giving him serious side eye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, lovely! One of my very favorite dresses for the Queen. She looks wonderful every time she wears this.

It is my all time favorite dress and I am thrilled every time we get to see it again!

Not crazy about the pink hat as it doesn't go with the rest of the outfit and does nothing for it.

HM is very pretty in pink but her best accessory here is her lovely smile!

A lovely "Great-Granny" look for Queen Elizabeth today, May 8 ?

** Upper part **
I think she looks great in her "civvies" with no hat, scarf or coat. They are distinctly different from those which she wears when she receives diplomats at BP. She looks so relaxed in her "knocking around the house" clothes and I have to laugh but I was reading a book where they were emphatic that you were not actually dressed until you had your shoes on. Not house shoes, not slippers but shoes!

Not crazy about the pink hat as it doesn't go with the rest of the outfit and does nothing for it.
I love the Queen in pink and this pink hat picks up the pink in the soft coloured light wool boucle coat.

A lovely colour from HM. She does enjoy her bold, vivid colours - I once heard that this was so she can stand out from others at events to highlight her position (not that most people wouldn't recognise her!).

^^^^^ I think it was more to do with her lack of stature do the lady either the most amazing colours is her
. . HM,The Queen. You have to remember when she started out women all wore hats.

Perfection from our lovely Queen & a beautiful smile to match.

Beautiful colour on queen Elizabeth today for the wedding.

Queen as usual looked wonderful in a bright color and Prince Philip looked better than he did months ago. His resting and "retiring" good to him. For their age, great looking couple. Plus both look like they are happy and enjoying things with no weighty problems today.

Minus the trademark hat is a classic Queen Elizabeth look perfect for late Spring.

A lovely spring shade to her coat which is perfect for Chelsea . She looks so well and animated when being shown round each garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom