Princess Märtha Louise of Norway and Durek Verrett: 31 August 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, you never know with. Maybe some peaceful months after this wedding fuss though.

Well, their relationship is lasting since years, both are very unconventional, eccentric human beings - so perhaps this might turn out well for them?! Still I think Marthas behaviour is not comparable with her royal background. This whole affaire occurs like one big circus to me... Without being that nasty, these two are equally embarrassing as the self-centered Sussexes....

It that just Harald or something other Kings have done in the past? Interesting to see SM in one but not Haakon or Harald - King and future King.
I can recall late King Paul of Greece wearing national costumes. One might not forget the danish royal men wearing national attire when staying officially in Greenland! CP Haakon is wearing traditional norwegian costume each year for the national day in Skaugum, receiving the children´s parade passing by the crown princely home in Asker!

I got a soft spot for Martha Louise she is a bit controversial but I love royals who are not afraid to show their individuality and personality to the public, after all my favorite monarch ever is Queen margerethe II OF Denmark, but I see that other royal watchers may have mainly been following the conservative BRF and worship the late Queen Elizabeth whom until now I can say is a mystery as we never really got to see her personality

I got a soft spot for Martha Louise she is a bit controversial but I love royals who are not afraid to show their individuality and personality to the public, after all my favorite monarch ever is Queen margerethe II OF Denmark, but I see that other royal watchers may have mainly been following the conservative BRF and worship the late Queen Elizabeth whom until now I can say is a mystery as we never really got to see her personality
I think a lot of people don't like her because she completely ignores what she is told about not using her titles for sales, and she does so anyway. She shows no respect for her father the King or for anything else about the monarchy,but guards her title with a fierceness of a hound. She is a complete hypocrite from what I can see. No respect for the institution, but wants all the benefits from it.

Live, Haakon and family walked from the hotel to the boats:

Sverre Magnus walking hand in hand with a girl.
Tove Taalesen, Nettavisen's royal house expert, says that she has heard rumors recently that the young prince has got a girlfriend.
Pic

The first boat left already.
Märtha Louise and Durek arrived and talked with the press. Durek had been on a dialysis. They arrived straight from there to the boat.

Victoria, Daniel, Carl Philip and Sofia landed at Vigra airport outside Ålesund. They will continue to Geiranger.
The boat cruise towards Geiranger has already started without them.

Märtha Louise and Durek had intended to walk from Hotel 1904 down to the quay, as many of the guests did, but instead arrived by car.
- They were delayed, because Durek's dialysis took longer than planned, says press officer Simon Eriksen Valvik and adds that the groom is in good shape afterwards the dialysis and is ready for the wedding.
Pastor Michael Beckwith met the press this morning.
- I think the wedding will be a kind of hybrid of shaman Durek and Märtha Louise. We meditate together and we pray together. Both are more relaxed, they are ready for the big day. At the wedding I will offer a greeting and something called a rose ceremony at the wedding. I will inspire them to use roses to overcome any kind of conflict.
Beckwith says that Durek has attended his congregation for over 20 years, and Märtha Louise has also attended there for the past five years.

Märtha Louise and Durek on a way to Geiranger
Pic

Another e-mail about the "photo ban"
When asked by VG whether the wedding guests have readily accepted the photo ban, Valvik said that he sent out another e-mail to all the guests on Thursday night. The email was sent on the basis that "a handful of guests" had contacted Valvik for clarification.
- There I informed that if people have questions related to the presence of the media, about how they should relate to it, or if they have bad experiences, then they can contact me. In the e-mail, I communicated the same desire not to share photos, and I have experienced full understanding of that.
At Hello!, there is also a photo of Laurentien and Constantijn today.

VG sends live from the cruise arrivals to Geiranger

The King and Queen waited for Märtha Louise and Durek's boat passing by on Royal Yacht Norge
Pic ** Pic
The pastor says to use roses to settle any kind of conflict? That's a new one! I was married for 48 years and I learned the fine art of compromise is the answer for most conflicts. Also, you have to learn to pick your battles. Roses could work as an apology though.

I think a lot of people don't like her because she completely ignores what she is told about not using her titles for sales, and she does so anyway. She shows no respect for her father the King or for anything else about the monarchy,but guards her title with a fierceness of a hound. She is a complete hypocrite from what I can see. No respect for the institution, but wants all the benefits from it.
Again and I might seem to give her a lot of slack but being a born royal with the title being a part of her identity I see where she is having a trouble with mixing the title with her own business ventures and I understand why she doesn’t want a part of her identity and her birth right to be taken away from her, I hate when people Equate being born a royal with a governmental office when the holder does something bad then they can be removed from the position, it goes against the idea of having a monarchy from the beginning.

And I might say again that people sometimes forget that every monarchy is different and not all of them are copies of the British Royal family, what might seems as inappropriate in the UK, Norway or the Vatican is not appropriate in let’s say the Dutch, Belgium or princely family of Monaco!

I always use to like Martha for being a bit kooky and showing her individuality. TBH I still like the fact is is a bit "out there" and different. The reason my opinion has changed, however, is because she seems to have no respect for her father or the crown in continuing to use her royal connections for monetary gain. My biggest issue though is her new husband.
I do feel for her because IMO she has been taken in by her now husband who is use to preying on those who are a little weak and lost and using them for his own personal gain. IMO she is being used by Derek David Verrett aka the Shaman who makes a living telling people to avoid conventional, scientifically proven medecine in favour of his own whacky ideas - e.g. that chemotherapy is just a con, that children get cancer because they want it and that a medallion he will kindly sell you for hundreds of dollars will keep you safe from Covid-19. He is nothing but a conman IMO.
This wedding is Derek Verrrett's big career break.

Se og Hør has the program of the wedding ceremony - on the cover their monogram, of course! Haakon was of the the Bible readers.

TV 2 veteran Oddvar Stenstrøm at his Facebook:
"The cloth of shame and greed. How ridiculous can it be when a Norwegian princess, number four in the line of succession, sells her soul to an American streaming company and two of Europe's worst tabloids. To prevent the Norwegian people from seeing pictures from the wedding. The people who have paid for her entire privileged upbringing with their tax money. The bride and groom's love for the Norwegian people goes so far. Ridiculous!"

The first photo of the couple at Hello! The big monogram at Durek's sleeve...! He looks ridiculous. Märtha Louise looks beautiful.
Pic

Last edited:
I always use to like Martha for being a bit kooky and showing her individuality. The reason my opinion has changed is because she seems to have no respect for her father or the crown in continuing to use her royal connections for monetary gain. My biggest issue though is her new husband.
I do feel for her because IMO she has been taken in by her now husband who is use to preying on those who are a little weak and lost and using them for his own personal gain. IMO she is being used by Derek David Verrett aka the Shaman who makes a living telling people to avoid conventional, scientifically proven medecine in favour of his own whacky ideas - e.g. that chemotherapy is just a con, that children get cancer because they want it and that a medallion he will kindly sell you for hundreds of dollars will keep you safe from Covid-19. He is nothing but a conman IMO.
This "wedding" is Derek Verrrett's big career break.
I totally agree with what you said although I preserve judgement regarding the relationship between her and her father as so far we only saw how a loving and supportive father he is and him prioritizing his family and daughter happiness before being a king which is in my opinion the idea of a monarchy it’s about the royal FAMILY not just the monarch and crown prince.

As for the shaman I got to say I have nothing good to say about him so I will remain silent regarding him.

I always use to like Martha for being a bit kooky and showing her individuality. TBH I still like the fact is is a bit "out there" and different. The reason my opinion has changed, however, is because she seems to have no respect for her father or the crown in continuing to use her royal connections for monetary gain. My biggest issue though is her new husband.
This wedding is Derek big career break.

Sorry I'm late for the wedding and missing the part to scream "I oppose, Martha! Run, run!"

Re ML - I didn't know much about her and mostly considered her a peripheral character within the NRF. Now she has become front and center with this husband/shaman/reincarnation master of hers. The deed is done, he got what he wanted and in regard to his statement about what was he in the past, like the list of crimes that landed him in prison, he'll never change.

So good luck, Martha, you are going to need it when you become the last person to open her eyes on this guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never followed this relationship too closely, mostly because I thought it wouldn't last. It might work - stranger things have happened. Odd that none of the Danish royals were in attendance.

To me, she comes across as actually bitter. For all the eccentricity, there is something rigid about her. IMO

Honestly sometimes I wonder if the royal fans who constantly bash her would have a different opinion of her if she agreed to the then prime minister offer to be the crown princess back in the 90’s when they changed the line of succession!

Honestly sometimes I wonder if the royal fans who constantly bash her would have a different opinion of her if she agreed to the then prime minister offer to be the crown princess back in the 90’s when they changed the line of succession!

Had she agreed her life would have been different, making her more involved in duties like the military and on activities leading to her future as queen. Who knows, had she been the CP Queen Margaret's 2nd son would be the one married to her. But that's like writing alternative reality. She is what she is and her inclinations or superstitions led her path to the Hollywood side world of gurus, con men and women, and others who prey on celebrities.

I just hope she has a prenup signed by one of Durek's current reincarnations because she might need it.

The first photo of the bride and groom!

Hello I rarely come to NRF thread, furthermore i received so many Instagram posts ...so I came.
I wish them happiness in this crazy adventure... anyway.
I found this wedding the summon of bad taste. It is between Karnaval (not the Venice's one) and a failed cartoon. Bride and groom dressed looklike in this pink H outfits.
And then the boat outfits...
And today this plastic sheet think. If they wanted it to be secret.. they should do the ceremony inside... bride arriving from another room ...so simple.
And the groom going straight from dialysis to the party... I know many people in dialysis... they need hours in bed after each session to recover...

The groom is crystal clear he won the lottery with this marriage.
But her... OMG. Someone said to this thread that she is rebel... Easy...
If she wanted to be a real rebel... she should abandon Palace and Tiaras..burn her title..and go to Africa or Amazon river.. live like a local and produce à real work to help those who have nothing to this life neither the previous ones. She is pathetic.. and has even not youth às extenuating circumstance.
I hate to be cynical too, but undergoing dialysis and then partying? I’m not sure how realistic that is…..

This wedding is Derek big career break.
Comparing this wedding to my own daughter’s several years ago (obviously not this “lavish”). She desperately wanted her elderly grandparents to attend and be comfortable and made all the arrangements so they wouldn’t have to walk very far, the reception was held at the same location as the ceremony…. She was 31 and Martha is 52. I was appalled to see what she put her elderly parents through for this ridiculous second wedding. The pictures of Harald walking in the pouring rain:mad: no consideration for her parents - also, do we know who is paying for this thing besides Netflix and Hello/Hola?

Se og Hør has the program of the wedding ceremony - on the cover their monogram, of course! Haakon was of the the Bible readers.

TV 2 veteran Oddvar Stenstrøm at his Facebook:
"The cloth of shame and greed. How ridiculous can it be when a Norwegian princess, number four in the line of succession, sells her soul to an American streaming company and two of Europe's worst tabloids. To prevent the Norwegian people from seeing pictures from the wedding. The people who have paid for her entire privileged upbringing with their tax money. The bride and groom's love for the Norwegian people goes so far. Ridiculous!"

The first photo of the couple at Hello! The big monogram at Durek's sleeve...! He looks ridiculous. Märtha Louise looks beautiful.
Pic
Goodness: I just saw this typo🤣. Exchange of “wows” indeed

Attachments

• IMG_5850.png
    IMG_5850.png
    344.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t have anything positive to contribute, so I’ll keep it unserious. Why is the groom dressed like he’s in a mariachi band? 🤣
Good question. My second one is ..why are the groom's trousers so long that so much spare fabric is on top of the shoes? Couldn't a tailor take up the hem? :unsure:

Goodness: I just saw this typo🤣. Exchange of “wows” indeed

There very many typos at the program of the three days also. I was surprised to see them. Didn't Märtha Louise's manager "I'm the Boss" Carina check the programs?
For instance, in today's program there reads "enterance".
Pic

The happy couple should soon come out and meet the press, at 18.25, said the woman at NRK.
NRK live broadcast:

VG live broadcast:

Märtha Louise and Durek at the terrace
TT gallery

Last edited:
Good question. My second one is ..why are the groom's trousers so long that so much spare fabric is on top of the shoes? Couldn't a tailor take up the hem? :unsure:
It looks like if an elastic is around the ankles. It avoids the excedent tissue to go under the shoes... making him walk on it and fall down.

I agree!! Pet peeve of mine!

It that just Harald or something other Kings have done in the past? Interesting to see SM in one but not Haakon or Harald - King and future King.
The King almost never wears bunad… Not even on 17:th may

Crown Prince Haakon only wears bunad when the Crown Princely Family watch the childrens parade in Asker on the morning of 17:th may… Then he switches to Jacquette when they go to Oslo to join The King and Queen on the palace balcony for the big parade…

There very many typos at the program of the three days also. I was surprised to see them. Didn't Märtha Louise's manager "I'm the Boss" Carina check the programs?
For instance, in today's program there reads "enterance".
Pic

The Count of Literacy and Spell Checkers refused to support this event.

I don’t have anything positive to contribute, so I’ll keep it unserious. Why is the groom dressed like he’s in a mariachi band? 🤣
@Chimene You made a positive contribution to my laughter.

Some news articles about the wedding​

A Norwegian princess marries an American self-styled shaman in front of a star-studded audience
Excerpt

"The 52-year-old Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett, who claims to be a sixth-generation shaman from California, tied the knot in the picturesque small town of Geiranger, one of Norway’s major tourist attractions located on a fjord with stunning views..."

New York Times A Fairy Tale for Netflix: A Norwegian Princess Weds an American Shaman
Excerpt

"Henrik Pryser Libell reported from Oslo, and Lynsey Chutel from London.
Aug. 31, 2024, 10:01 a.m. ET
There was no castle, nor were there throngs of exuberant crowds to celebrate this royal wedding. Nonetheless, the nuptials on Saturday of a Norwegian princess and an American self-described shaman attracted public fascination at home and a Netflix deal abroad...

...Last week, Netflix announced that it was producing a documentary about the couple’s love story. The production, as yet untitled, was to be led by Rebecca Chaiklin, who was behind the pandemic-era streaming hit “Tiger King.” To make the show, a crew followed Princess Martha Louise and Mr. Verrett for more than a year as they prepared for their wedding."

Those M & D -monograms at Durek's sleeves are the tackiest thing I have seen in a long time. Here's also the rings.
Pic

And to see 52-year-old Märtha Louise act like a 18-year old teen first time in love ...

Now Se og Hør can reveal that the royal couple's official gift to the bride and groom is something completely unique. The gift is a blue ceramic vase, and it was made by the queen herself, Se og Hør learns.

Mistakes in Hello!
Hello! calls Sofia "Crown Princess Sofia" and Märtha Louise's daughters Maud, Angelica and Emma...

The King and Queen with Märtha Louise and Durek
Pic

King Harald looks tired. All the schedules of the day have changed because of the almost an hour delay at the start of the wedding ceremony. It seems that the King and Queen stayed at the Hotel and didn't go to the Royal Yacht after the wedding ceremony, only the Crown Prince family went there.

Victoria and Constantijn this evening
Pic

Group photo, the M & D -monogram also at Märtha Louise's veil.
Pic

First thing I noticed too! I don’t follow closely so haven’t seen many photos over the last couple of years but he doesn’t look well. I know he is on dialysis

The first photo of the bride and groom!
Call me old fashioned ( my children do,lol) but a second wedding with full veil and wedding dress???

Back
Top Bottom