Princess Märtha Louise of Norway and Durek Verrett: 31 August 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In its advertisement for "Hello! Royal Club", Hello! claims that they have spoken to the royal family, who have approved that they will receive exclusive photos, including of the wedding waltz.
The Palace's communications manager Guri Varpe in an email to Se og Hør.
- The Royal House has not been in dialogue with Hello. As we have communicated previously, members of the Royal House have reserved themselves from being photographed and filmed ...
[...]

From the screencap, emphasis mine:

Norway's Princess Märtha Louise is set to marry shaman Durek Verrett this Saturday in what is already being called the royal wedding of the year.
We've spoken to the Norwegian royal family and they have agreed that paid members of HELLO!'s Royal Club will receive exclusive behind-the-scenes footage from the couple's big day, including that most intimate of wedding moments: the first dance. To ensure you don't miss out, please sign up as a paid member today! Join here:Subscribe to The HELLO! Royal Club

Is either HELLO! magazine or the Royal Court simply lying about having agreed or not agreed to this? Or was there a true misunderstanding, and if so, how did that misunderstanding come about?

It is perhaps telling that HELLO! magazine refused to answer any of VG's questions about whether HELLO! knows about the November 2022 family agreement prohibiting commercial use of Princess Märtha Louise's royal associations (such as using her title or "references to other members of the Royal House in channels where commercial activity also takes place"), and whether HELLO! considers her deal with them to be in compliance with the agreement.

There are many who denounce "the tabloids" like VG and prefer publications such as HELLO!. But at this time VG is demonstrating a better journalistic ethic than HELLO! is.

Live, Haakon and family walked from the hotel to the boats:

Sverre Magnus walking hand in hand with a girl.
Tove Taalesen, Nettavisen's royal house expert, says that she has heard rumors recently that the young prince has got a girlfriend.
Pic

The first boat left already.
Märtha Louise and Durek arrived and talked with the press. Durek had been on a dialysis. They arrived straight from there to the boat.

Victoria, Daniel, Carl Philip and Sofia landed at Vigra airport outside Ålesund. They will continue to Geiranger.
The boat cruise towards Geiranger has already started without them.

Märtha Louise and Durek had intended to walk from Hotel 1904 down to the quay, as many of the guests did, but instead arrived by car.
- They were delayed, because Durek's dialysis took longer than planned, says press officer Simon Eriksen Valvik and adds that the groom is in good shape afterwards the dialysis and is ready for the wedding.
Pastor Michael Beckwith met the press this morning.
- I think the wedding will be a kind of hybrid of shaman Durek and Märtha Louise. We meditate together and we pray together. Both are more relaxed, they are ready for the big day. At the wedding I will offer a greeting and something called a rose ceremony at the wedding. I will inspire them to use roses to overcome any kind of conflict.
Beckwith says that Durek has attended his congregation for over 20 years, and Märtha Louise has also attended there for the past five years.

Märtha Louise and Durek on a way to Geiranger
Pic

Another e-mail about the "photo ban"
When asked by VG whether the wedding guests have readily accepted the photo ban, Valvik said that he sent out another e-mail to all the guests on Thursday night. The email was sent on the basis that "a handful of guests" had contacted Valvik for clarification.
- There I informed that if people have questions related to the presence of the media, about how they should relate to it, or if they have bad experiences, then they can contact me. In the e-mail, I communicated the same desire not to share photos, and I have experienced full understanding of that.
At Hello!, there is also a photo of Laurentien and Constantijn today.

VG sends live from the cruise arrivals to Geiranger

The King and Queen waited for Märtha Louise and Durek's boat passing by on Royal Yacht Norge
Pic ** Pic

Last edited:

Laurentien and Constantijn have also arrived.

VG got somehow the program of the wedding and Nettavisen copied it to its website
Thursday
19.00: "Meet and greet" at Hotel 1904 in Ålesund.
21.00: Concert with surprises, the bride and groom ask the guests to put on their dancing shoes.

Friday
11.00: Luggage is transported to Geiranger.
12.30: The guests board two boats at Skateflukaia.
13.00 – 16.00: The boats depart from Ålesund to Geiranger, lunch is served on the boat.
16.30 – 17.00: Arrival in Geiranger, shuttle bus to the hotels.
17.00: Check-in and security check, snacks at the reception.
19.30: Welcome drinks at Hotel Union.
19.45: Welcome presentation.
22.30: Show start at Hotel Union.
03.00: The bar closes.

Saturday
08.00 – 11.00: Breakfast at the hotels.
09.00 – 13.00: Union Spa is open to all guests.
11.45 – 12.30: The guests walk the red carpet before the wedding.
13.00 – 14.00: Ceremony at Vinje farm.
14.30 – 16.30: Afternoon tea in the hotel garden.
17.30 – 18.30: Cocktails in the garden.
18.30 – 21.30: Gala dinner in the Geiranger Hall.
21.30 – 22.15: Break.
22.15 – 22.45: Cake ceremony.
22.45: Bridal waltz.
22.50: The party starts.
01.00: Light snack.
03.00: The bar closes.

Sunday
08.00 – 10.00: Breakfast.
10.00 – 13.00: Brunch with warm and cold dishes
13.00: Check out.
Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4

VG updates live news

Some "sexy and cool" outfits

Artist Adrian Sellevoll was invited to the wedding, but then he was un-invited, taken off the guest list. Märtha Louise and Durek had to have more space for royals.
But suddenly there came so many cancellations that Märtha Louise and Durek invited Adrian Sellevoll again to the wedding, and he arrived to the party this evening.

Durek
Pic
Märtha Louise
Pic

Photos, Märtha Louise and Durek in their matching Hést -outfits, promoting Märtha Louise's own brand.

The "sexy and cool" party is at Hotel 1904 in Ålesund. Only about 110 meters away is the Scandic hotel Parken. Dagbladet writes that several of the guests probably live there while they are in Ålesund, before the wedding party moves to Geiranger. On the street outside the Scandic hotel, several of Dagbladet's reporters have noticed a strong smell of marijuana in the area. The police patrols haven't registered it.
So just a quiet, low-key second wedding!

When I watch these guests and outfits I got the impression that there is 20 something year old couple getting married, and not people marrying for the 2nd time (don´t know if this his 1st marriage..?) over 50 years old....! And watching the coverage of VG TV it occurs to me this is rather a celebrity wedding, rather than a royal one.
No matter how they feel about this whole affaire, I do feel for the King and Queen...!

After reading this I must retract my suspicion about Durek's kidney problems.
I suppose I'll have to as well.
Not that I would dream of apologizing or even feel particularly sorry for him.
That man has made a living profiting from people who are sick and dying, without being able to offer neither a cure nor being able to alleviate their suffering.

When I watch these guests and outfits I got the impression that there is 20 something year old couple getting married, and not people marrying for the 2nd time (don´t know if this his 1st marriage..?) over 50 years old....! And watching the coverage of VG TV it occurs to me this is rather a celebrity wedding, rather than a royal one.
No matter how they feel about this whole affaire, I do feel for the King and Queen...!
It is also Durek's second marriage. He was married to Zaneta Marzalkova from 2005 until 2009. This is believed to be a scam marriage with the purpose of getting his non-American wife a green card (Zaneta herself claimed in court that she paid him for this arrangement).

He was also in a relationship with Hank Greenberg from 2007 until 2015 but they never married.

Last edited:
NRK's live TV

The Swedish royals have arrived to Hotel Union in Geiranger.
Pic

The King and Queen "met" Märtha Louise and Durek:

Toast on their way to Geiranger.
Pic

Veteran cars waiting for the royals.

Last edited:
for a non royal wedding, they sure have many royal guests! i find the presence of netflix rather cringey myself but hey! to each their own. in any case, if there's an RF that knows how to handle crises and drama, it is the norwegians.

sverre's gf's name seems to be Amalie Giæver MacLeod - she appears rather delightful. from the norwegian press: "According to the National Register of Citizens, Amalie was born in Chelsea in Great Britain, but has Norwegian citizenship. She lives at a fashionable address on Oslo's best west side. Her parents are Robert Hvide Macleod (45) and Hanne Giæver Macleod (45). He is a former manager of John Fredriksen's tanker company Frontline."

i wonder why MM was wearing a mask during her walk, is she ill? or was she trying to avoid unnecessary press attention? and what happened to durek that he is needing dyalisis? i hope all is well with him.

Norway's Princess Märtha Louise is set to marry shaman Durek Verrett this Saturday in what is already being called the royal wedding of the year.​
We've spoken to the Norwegian royal family and they have agreed that paid members of HELLO!'s Royal Club will receive exclusive behind-the-scenes footage from the couple's big day, including that most intimate of wedding moments: the first dance. To ensure you don't miss out, please sign up as a paid member today! Join here:Subscribe to The HELLO! Royal Club

Is either HELLO! magazine or the Royal Court simply lying about having agreed or not agreed to this? Or was there a true misunderstanding, and if so, how did that misunderstanding come about?

It is perhaps telling that HELLO! magazine refused to answer any of VG's questions about whether HELLO! knows about the November 2022 family agreement prohibiting commercial use of Princess Märtha Louise's royal associations (such as using her title or "references to other members of the Royal House in channels where commercial activity also takes place"), and whether HELLO! considers her deal with them to be in compliance with the agreement.

There are many who denounce "the tabloids" like VG and prefer publications such as HELLO!. But at this time VG is demonstrating a better journalistic ethic than HELLO! is.

It makes me wonder whether HELLO was even informed about the reservations by the NRF.
I presume HELLO negotiated with ML and her shaman. And I assume the NRF told ML about their reservations.
But what if HELLO was never told? What if HELLO was told: You just snap away.

So if the NRF at some point say to HELLO: You publish, we sue! Then what?
Pictures of the NRF and other royals is worth serious money! The readers don't buy the mag to see unknown guests in silly attire, they want to see royals at a supposed royal wedding.
So if HELLO has paid money for being allowed to photograph and publish these photos freely and the NRF sue, who will HELLO by angry at? And what's the likelihood of HELLO paying the full agreed price? Or wanting their money back?

Is it possible that ML and her Durak thought: We'll just go ahead and allow HELLO to publish pics of the NRF regardless. After all, there won't be any consequences apart from a bit of huffing and puffing from the NRF.

sverre's gf's name seems to be Amalie Giæver MacLeod - she appears rather delightful. from the norwegian press: "According to the National Register of Citizens, Amalie was born in Chelsea in Great Britain, but has Norwegian citizenship. She lives at a fashionable address on Oslo's best west side. Her parents are Robert Hvide Macleod (45) and Hanne Giæver Macleod (45). He is a former manager of John Fredriksen's tanker company Frontline."

Thank you! See here for the discussion on his girlfriend:

I suppose I'll have to as well.
Not that I would dream of apologizing or even feel particularly sorry for him.
That man has made a living profiting from people who are sick and dying, without being able to offer neither a cure nor being able to alleviate their suffering.
Could someone , anyone ,tell me how such a " powerful , gifted , cosmic being , has been unable to cure himself ? I am not doubting, that , as with HRH Prince Daniel , he actually has problems . Or are we going to be blamed for our negative thoughts deadening his healing powers ?

i wonder why MM was wearing a mask during her walk, is she ill? or was she trying to avoid unnecessary press attention? and what happened to durek that he is needing dyalisis? i hope all is well with him.

I assume this is because she has pulmonary fibrosis - a chronic lung disease - and doesn't want to breathe in germs or particles that could further compromise her respiratory health.

Wow, this wedding is the most outlandish, ridiculous freak show since Prince Edward staged, "It's a Royal Knock-out."

Norway's Princess Märtha Louise is set to marry shaman Durek Verrett this Saturday in what is already being called the royal wedding of the year.​

I suspect this is just a marketing thing on Hello’s part. When they say they’ve spoken to the “Norwegian royal family,” they’re probably referring to ML’s media team.

Märtha Louise and Durek had intended to walk from Hotel 1904 down to the quay, as many of the guests did, but instead arrived by car.
- They were delayed, because Durek's dialysis took longer than planned, says press officer Simon Eriksen Valvik and adds that the groom is in good shape afterwards the dialysis and is ready for the wedding.

Pastor Michael Beckwith met the press this morning.
- I think the wedding will be a kind of hybrid of shaman Durek and Märtha Louise. We meditate together and we pray together. Both are more relaxed, they are ready for the big day. At the wedding I will offer a greeting and something called a rose ceremony at the wedding. I will inspire them to use roses to overcome any kind of conflict.
Beckwith says that Durek has attended his congregation for over 20 years, and Märtha Louise has also attended there for the past five years.
On Durek's dialysis, well, that's a shame, but I'm so cynical about the public image manipulation, I almost don't buy it. Is this to remind us to feel for him? And, "in good shape?" Most people I know are pretty knocked out after dialysis.

As for the wedding, it sounds more like a commercial for the "Say It with Roses" florists than a serious commitment.

It makes me wonder whether HELLO was even informed about the reservations by the NRF.
I presume HELLO negotiated with ML and her shaman. And I assume the NRF told ML about their reservations.
But what if HELLO was never told? What if HELLO was told: You just snap away.

So if the NRF at some point say to HELLO: You publish, we sue! Then what?
Pictures of the NRF and other royals is worth serious money! The readers don't buy the mag to see unknown guests in silly attire, they want to see royals at a supposed royal wedding.
So if HELLO has paid money for being allowed to photograph and publish these photos freely and the NRF sue, who will HELLO by angry at? And what's the likelihood of HELLO paying the full agreed price? Or wanting their money back?

Is it possible that ML and her Durak thought: We'll just go ahead and allow HELLO to publish pics of the NRF regardless. After all, there won't be any consequences apart from a bit of huffing and puffing from the NRF.

No no. There is an agreement in place! A highly respected agreement with the NRF and Martha Louise. It's never been broken. They spoken about it as a family. :lol:

Martha Louise and Durek, with her 3 daughters went by car to their boat

No, they were taken at a veteran car from their boat to Hotel Union in Geiranger. Also many guests were taken at veteran cars to their hotels.
I've read the term "veteran car" several times this morning. I didn't realize what it was until I saw the pictures -- we'd call it an "antique car" in the United States.

After reading this I must retract my suspicion about Durek's kidney problems.
One of my cousins (RIP) had to have dialysis three times a week due to juvenile onset diabetes. He was always completely exhausted afterwards and slept soundly for hours.
Regardless of my feelings about this marriage I can't help but be sad for the two of them. DV is apparently seriously ill. Unless he gets a kidney transplant very soon this might not be a long and happy marriage. 🙁

Looking at some of the pictures I must admit that there is serious style here and there!
Timeless elegance, effortless style, classic beautiful lines. I could look at some of these photos for hours and still find something to appreciate.
Could we have more photos of the cars, please?

I feel sorry that Derek is so seriously ill and know from friends how tough dialysis can be. However, I find it so hard to compute him using such "regular" medicine when he advocates his own healing powers over regular treatment and indeed dismisses conventional medicine e.g. suggesting that chemotherapy is just a big con. I find it really rather hypocritical and quite cynical.

It is also Durek's second marriage. He was married to Zaneta Marzalkova from 2005 until 2009. This is believed to be a scam marriage with the purpose of getting his non-American wife a green card (Zaneta herself claimed in court that she paid him for this arrangement).

He was also in a relationship with Hank Greenberg from 2007 until 2015 but they never married.
Hank sounds like a male name to me...?

Back
Top Bottom