Princess Märtha Louise of Norway and Durek Verrett: 31 August 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Crown Prince family arriving this evening
Pic

The King and Queen
Pic

Photos from the wedding dinner venue tomorrow:
The man, who wishes to remain anonymous, says that he was looking for the car museum at Hotel Union Geiranger on Friday morning.
- I didn't see a sign, felt a random door, and then came in to this. I didn't see a single soul either at the door or inside the room. There was no one there that I could ask where the car museum was.
He says that he thought he had found the museum when he entered a hall that was nicely decorated for the wedding.
The man claims that the door was completely unlocked and that there was also no sign telling people to stay away.

Durek this evening:
Pic

Sverre Magnus' girlfriend looks adorable, but I don't think I'd allow my 17-year-old daughter to attend this wedding given the sketchy nature of some involved and the ongoing Marius scandal.
The young girl has now been made public and the press and tabloids especially will be after her which is unfortunate for her and Sverre. On the other hand I can undertand that he wanted to attend the event with his girlfriend.

Photos from the wedding dinner venue tomorrow:
The man, who wishes to remain anonymous, says that he was looking for the car museum at Hotel Union Geiranger on Friday morning.
- I didn't see a sign, felt a random door, and then came in to this. I didn't see a single soul either at the door or inside the room. There was no one there that I could ask where the car museum was.
He says that he thought he had found the museum when he entered a hall that was nicely decorated for the wedding.
The man claims that the door was completely unlocked and that there was also no sign telling people to stay away.

Durek this evening:
Pic
I notice that Durek is wearing yet another look-at-me outfit.
And from tomorrow he qualifies for being discussed in the male fashion thread. :giggle:

The young girl has now been made public and the press and tabloids especially will be after her which is unfortunate for her and Sverre. On the other hand I can undertand that he wanted to attend the event with his girlfriend.
I'm sure he wanted his girlfriend to come, and she probably wanted to be there with him. It would be exciting -- Meet the King! Ride the royal yacht! Be in the magazines!

But, if she were my daughter, I would have said "no way." I wouldn't want my kid in that atmosphere or getting that kind of attention. And, given the Marius situation, I would wonder about the safety and adult supervision.

I'm sure he wanted his girlfriend to come, and she probably wanted to be there with him. It would be exciting -- Meet the King! Ride the royal yacht! Be in the magazines!

Will continue this here: Prince Sverre Magnus News & Current Events Part 1: December 2023 -

I notice that Durek is wearing yet another look-at-me outfit.
And from tomorrow he qualifies for being discussed in the male fashion thread. :giggle:
@Muhler @LadyFinn
Did any of you noticed that within that article there is a link that seems to be produced by the Shaman or his team? This is the link within the article that presents Durek as the savior of Martha and, for the troll part, he compares it to the members of the press that persecute her?

Prinsesse Märtha Louise og Durek Verrett gifter seg - Et eventyr fra virkeligheten

I have never seen a groom use anything like the above to produce a campaign on why he has magical powers and is the one that rescued the princess. Rescue her from what? It's too late, she's going to marry one of the gazillion celebrity-seekers Californian 'self-help/life/coach/ex-convict 5 times/gurus'

@Muhler @LadyFinn
Did any of you noticed that within that article there is a link that seems to be produced by the Shaman or his team? This is the link within the article that presents Durek as the savior of Martha and, for the troll part, he compares it to the members of the press that persecute her?

Prinsesse Märtha Louise og Durek Verrett gifter seg - Et eventyr fra virkeligheten

I have never seen a groom use anything like the above to produce a campaign on why he has magical powers and is the one that rescued the princess. Rescue her from what? It's too late, she's going to marry one of the gazillion celebrity-seekers Californian 'self-help/life/coach/ex-convict 5 times/gurus'
It is not produced by Shaman or his team. At the bottom there reads:
Created by: Camilla Trollemor Brække, Eirik Trollefar Frogner, Tom Trollebror Byermoen and Jonas Olle Bolle Nilsson. That is why VG tells the story in adventure format.
Camilla Brække, Eirik Frogner, Tom Byermoen and Jonas Nilsson all work for VG newspaper.

The fairy tale "The Princess and the Shaman"
The story of Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett is perceived by many as an incredible story from reality.
VG has chosen to use the adventure genre to write about the romantic and controversial journey they have had separately - and together. The events mentioned in the adventure are publicly known, and VG has inserted source references at the end of the story.

Thanks @LadyFinn and @Muhler !
I had to rely on the web browser to translate sections of that page when I noticed the animation.

The choose-your-own adventure endings had me laughing; VG certainly found a creative team.

Good on them for inserting source references and remaining true to reality even in a humor piece.

I am not surprised that VG's team did not ask Durek Verrett or his team for his approval (nor do I think they should have to). If they had, I doubt Mr. Verrett would have given it. Given his past comments and actions, I don't think satires about him and his fiancée, even fairly gentle ones such as this, would be appreciated by him.

But, if she were my daughter, I would have said "no way." I wouldn't want my kid in that atmosphere or getting that kind of attention. And, given the Marius situation, I would wonder about the safety and adult supervision.
Doesn’t really seem likely that she was in any danger.

Looking at some of the pictures I must admit that there is serious style here and there!
Timeless elegance, effortless style, classic beautiful lines. I could look at some of these photos for hours and still find something to appreciate.
Could we have more photos of the cars, please?
I predict this is what the so-called Marius crowd will look like in 30 years. Glad to see you’re such a fashionista, Muhler.

From the screencap, emphasis mine:

Norway's Princess Märtha Louise is set to marry shaman Durek Verrett this Saturday in what is already being called the royal wedding of the year.​
We've spoken to the Norwegian royal family and they have agreed that paid members of HELLO!'s Royal Club will receive exclusive behind-the-scenes footage from the couple's big day, including that most intimate of wedding moments: the first dance. To ensure you don't miss out, please sign up as a paid member today! Join here:Subscribe to The HELLO! Royal Club

Is either HELLO! magazine or the Royal Court simply lying about having agreed or not agreed to this? Or was there a true misunderstanding, and if so, how did that misunderstanding come about?

It is perhaps telling that HELLO! magazine refused to answer any of VG's questions about whether HELLO! knows about the November 2022 family agreement prohibiting commercial use of Princess Märtha Louise's royal associations (such as using her title or "references to other members of the Royal House in channels where commercial activity also takes place"), and whether HELLO! considers her deal with them to be in compliance with the agreement.

There are many who denounce "the tabloids" like VG and prefer publications such as HELLO!. But at this time VG is demonstrating a better journalistic ethic than HELLO! is.

I doubt Hello knows the difference between the Royal House and the Royal Family….:unsure:

No no. There is an agreement in place! A highly respected agreement with the NRF and Martha Louise. It's never been broken. They spoken about it as a family. :lol:

Martha Louise and Durek, with her 3 daughters went by car to their boat
I wonder what ML’s daughters truly think…

It is not produced by Shaman or his team. At the bottom there reads:
Created by: Camilla Trollemor Brække, Eirik Trollefar Frogner, Tom Trollebror Byermoen and Jonas Olle Bolle Nilsson. That is why VG tells the story in adventure format.
Camilla Brække, Eirik Frogner, Tom Byermoen and Jonas Nilsson all work for VG newspaper.

The fairy tale "The Princess and the Shaman"
The story of Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett is perceived by many as an incredible story from reality.
VG has chosen to use the adventure genre to write about the romantic and controversial journey they have had separately - and together. The events mentioned in the adventure are publicly known, and VG has inserted source references at the end of the story.
Be sure to watch it and check out all the endings - it’s very well done and funny

TT gallery

Mette-Marit left the party just after 23.00.
Se og Hør learns that there was a drawing of table numbers, a so-called table lottery, which means that all the guests were randomly placed. However, this did not apply to the royal guests. The menu at the article.

The Royal Yacht Norge at 6.00 in the morning:
Pic

The flag of USA with the Norwegian flags in Geiranger this morning:
Pic

The Swedish singer and rapper Elliphant did a little dance outside the Union Hotel
- I just hugged my future queen, Crown Princess Victoria, so I was so happy that I had to go out and dance. I had to go over to her. She said we have to talk more together this weekend. There aren't that many Swedes at the wedding here, so I think she was happy about that.

Last edited:
Will there be any religious hymns sung or played at the wedding?

Live coverages from what is happening today:

NRK's live broadcast

VG's live broadcast

Hello gives us a video of Märtha Louise and Durek's "salsa dance" yesterday evening.

Last edited:
They rolled the red carpet away. I saw Constantijn and Laurentien walk there among the guests.

Reality star Sonja Morgan is currently in Geiranger for the wedding making the Norwegian Royal family a part of the Real Housewives franchise.
King Olav is turning in his grave.
Is she still a cast member? I thought she was no longer on the show.

That was Hank Greenberg I think, his male partner. Didn't you know that Durek is bisexual?
No, I really do not care about them. I´m a huge admirer of the norwegian royal family, especially the Crown Prince, but not Martha and her antics. I´m just interest because of this wedding...!

Back
Top Bottom