Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Current Events 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the little things that they do when among the public that makes it even more special for the people attending. These are not two people just showing up to be seen and have their picture taken as they walk along but there is always some kind of a personal encounter that makes it all even more special.

Trust Harry to zoom in onto something that would make one little girl so very happy. He seems to have extraordinary radar when it comes to things like this. :D

Yes like his mother did. I enjoy seeing these two together, they seem to enhance one another..which is of course the point!

LaRae

It is clear these two work well together as a team- it bodes well for the future .

Wow so this popped up today!

LaRae

PRINCE HARRY AND MS. MEGHAN MARKLE VISIT NORTHERN IRELAND

Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle are visiting Belfast today for their first official joint visit to Northern Ireland. Throughout the day, Prince Harry and Ms. Markle will have the opportunity to meet members of the public, to learn how young people are shaping the future of Northern Ireland, and to visit some of the city's most loved sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a video of HRH Prince Harry and Megan Markle in Lisburn, Northern Ireland.

What a surprise, though we knew they were due in NI sooner rather than later. A windy day, but both Meghan and Harry look in good spirits and ready for a full programme of events.

Surprise visit! So kept it quiet for security reasons.

It would only make sense they included NI in their pre-wedding engagements as well.

At this point, I don't even picture Meghan as an "outsider" anymore. She looks like any member of the BRF already.

That's a really big turn out considering it wasn't announced at all before hand.

What a surprise, though we knew they were due in NI sooner rather than later. A windy day, but both Meghan and Harry look in good spirits and ready for a full programme of events.

She looks very nice (and mature) in that outfit.

Yes, her outfit is quite an improvement from previous occasions. She looks so much better with lighter colours.

Her outfit is great. I love the color of the skirt. It's just the shoes that bother me. :lol:

Meghan about to make headlines with this one:

"ROYAL BABY (at some point in future) ALERT: Harry and Meghan met a husband and wife who make baby products such as hypoallergenic Moses baskets and non-slip baths. Pointing to the product range, Meghan said: "I'm sure at some point we'll need the whole (lot)."#harryandmeghan"

Prince Harry and Megan Markle arrive at the Titanic Centre in Belfast

Accents are part of her training.

Yes, but that particular accent, is especially tough to understand. I once spent a weekend with two people from Belfast [ALL both days],and only at the end of Sunday was I so used to it, I could fully understand what was being said..

This might sound ignorant, but do Northern Irish accent and Irish accent sound similar?

They are quite different. My gran's from Belfast and I've visited both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland - can't really describe the difference but I'm sure You Tube would have examples of both (although that doesn't take into the regional accents in Northern Ireland and Ireland) :D
We had a friend from Northern Ireland and I generally didn't understand most of the conversation and just laughed when everybody else did and hoped it was in the right places!

She is an actress. Accents are part of her training.

And she did work with Michelle Fairley and Conleth Hill on Suits who are both Norns (Catelyn Stark and Varys from GoT)

This might sound ignorant, but do Northern Irish accent and Irish accent sound similar?

Norn Irish is probably closer to Lowland Scots than anything else - Lallans and Ullans is basically the same dialect/language . Whilst Irish and Gaelic Scots speakers sound more like each other than their northern or central belt fellow citizens

For a comparison of Southern and Northern Irish accents; watch Father Ted (Southern Ireland) and The Fall (Northern Ireland) if you have spare time on your hands. As others have said the two accents are quite distinct from one another and are easily identifiable once you have listened to them.

She is an actress. Accents are part of her training.

Her acting has no meaning on this. Most actors are actually terrible at accents. (Even the best of them, and while lovely Meghan was a decent actress at best imo, so any accent understanding she has is most likely natural, but she was raised in LA a city full of immigrants and lived in Canada, so she may have becomes good at understanding accents. Does not mean she can speak them).

understanding an accent has nothing to do with one profession, but simple having an ear for languages, either naturally or being exposed to multiple accents. But mainly it’s a natural thing.

I’m no actress but have an ear for language and accents; give me a couple of days and I can pick up on an accent and speak it decently enough (if I chose to), it’s all about vocals and how and from where you breath and using them properly to project the correct accent.

Last edited:
He is...I love his stuff...tons of clips on the FB page.

LaRae

Meghan about to make headlines with this one:

"ROYAL BABY (at some point in future) ALERT: Harry and Meghan met a husband and wife who make baby products such as hypoallergenic Moses baskets and non-slip baths. Pointing to the product range, Meghan said: "I'm sure at some point we'll need the whole (lot)."#harryandmeghan"

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/977257743085076483

Not that is should surprise anyone...nothing new.

LaRae

He is...I love his stuff...tons of clips on the FB page. LaRae

I have been known to while-away an hour listening to his clips. ;) Loved his take on the South African accent, and his rationale given for the difference in the Australian accent at home and abroad. ?

I have been known to while-away an hour listening to his clips. ;) Loved his take on the South African accent, and his rationale given for the difference in the Australian accent at home and abroad. ?

I just discovered him a few months ago! Most comedians now days are to vulgar ...so glad to find one more enjoyable. I like Fluffy too! He's a hoot!

LaRae

Kensington Palace

Verified account

@KensingtonRoyal
2h2 hours ago

Prince Harry, Patron of @WeAreInvictus, and Ms. Meghan Markle will attend the UK team trials for @InvictusSydney at the University of Bath Sports Training Village on 6th April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom