Netflix Docu-Series of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex (2022)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clever step to include Eugenie, but why on earth did she agree to be in?
Am really disgusted now.

Worse than expected, they really attacked William(again in 6) , how poorly.

And again toal lack of maturity, self-awareness, gratitude, education ... shame on H&M,
real Royals must be saints if they remain calm about this.

Last edited:
I don't think Sarah Ferguson ever really had an issue with the BRF from how I remember it, but, rather like Meghan she had a horrid time with the media.

After a few hours to process and read people's responses, I have a theory about Prince William and Prince Harry's relationship. I think as young men, the things that united them the most fiercely was their anger at what happened to their mother, their loss, and their rage at the media. This was demonstrated by both men through their teens and early twenties. I think that was genuine. However, I think William processed it. I think he got better. The trauma healed in a way that means it's not gone but it is manageable for him day to day in a way that allows him to do his job. I think Harry feels incredibly betrayed by that and that is part of what fueled the rift.

I must admit I am surprised that Camilla is practically not mentioned at all in all six episodes. The only time I recall a reference being made to her was in Vol I when it is said that she never mentioned MeToo despite being associated with charities that focus on violence against women.

I wonder if Camilla will still be a target in "Spare" or if Charles made it clear to H&M that his wife was off-limits.

I also wonder if the docu-series would have been as critical of William and Kate if it had been produced after (rather than before) they became the Prince and Princess of Wales.

Anyway, any TV show needs a good villain, and the Cambridges at the time were probably the easiest targets, nore so than Charles himself, who is not so much a focus of the docu-series as William is in my opinion.

I wonder if Camilla will still be a target in "Spare" or if Charles made it clear to H&M that his wife was off-limits.

My feeling at the moment is that it's all about demographics. Netflix skews younger, books skew older. So, use the Netflix show to go after William and Kate, because that's who NF viewers are more familiar with, and 'Spare' to go after Charles and Camilla.

Clever step to include Eugenie, but why on earth did she agree to be in?
Am really disgusted now.

Worse than expected, they really attacked William(again in 6) , how poorly.

And again toal lack of maturity, self-awareness, gratitude, education ... shame on H&M,
real Royals must be saints if they remain calm about this.

Did she agree I wonder?

Sarah Ferguson, presumably.

Thanks, I forgot about Sarah.

And let's remember that three others didn't feel that way and managed to find their own voice, and with dignity with that.

Exactly. While there are some who found life in the BRF unbearable, there are others who have been able to thrive. That seems to get lost when discussing women in the Royal family.

Sarah struggled to cope with being married to a naval officer who was away for most of the time. Diana and Charles were ill-suited from the start and got engaged after only a few dates. Neither of those situations were about marrying into the Royal Family per se.

She wouldn’t have too.

She didn’t speak very much in the series. There’s a scene where they are headed for the Super Bowl, and another where she’s playing with her second cousin on the beach. I’d pay cash money to know what two Beira think of the Super Bowl.

Apparently, there are a lot of folks out there hate-watching the docu series.
Hate-watching? There’s nothing to “hate on” if they were more consistent and stopped lying and embellishing facts. No one is a sycophant and lots of people are tired of their BS. They have spent more time complaining about royal life since leaving the BRF than being actual working royals. The only thing they are consistent is on over exaggerating, playing up dramatics, being cowardly (saying the Queen watched William shouted at Harry and did nothing, but has only said this after she died, I wonder if she were alive right now would he say this?) and never really taking accountability for their own silly behavior. IMO, there’s nothing really good to see in the documentary. The producers editing his grandmother’s speech to fit a narrative that is untrue, how low can they go? You think people are just being haters?

Sarah struggled to cope with being married to a naval officer who was away for most of the time. Diana and Charles were ill-suited from the start and got engaged after only a few dates. Neither of those situations were about marrying into the Royal Family per se.

And Meghan had a completely distorted view of royal life. Her first reality check probably came when she saw how "small" Nottingham Cottage was. Besides Meghan never fully committed to the UK ("their country, not mine" in her own words in the docu-series). She is happy now in California where she got the life she always wanted to have, even though she strangely had to go though a royal connection to get to that point. It is debatable how long she will be able to keep it, but that is not a concern in the near future, I think.

She didn’t speak very much in the series. There’s a scene where they are headed for the Super Bowl, and another where she’s playing with her second cousin on the beach. I’d pay cash money to know what two Beira think of the Super Bowl.

Do you mean "first cousin once removed" instead? August and Archie are second cousins.

Last edited:

Diana was very much affected by the public and media spotlight, which she wouldn’t have had in another marriage.

Yes Sarah did struggle with being married to a naval officer. She also struggled with the constant negative attention of the media who heavily criticised her after she married. That wouldn’t have happened if she hadn’t married a senior royal.

It seems to me that the British media then and now can’t cope with two young female married-in royals at the same time. There is constant criticism of the one married to the spare and they are almost always pitted against each other in articles.

And Sarah did clash with the men in grey at the Palace at times. She nicknamed the Queen’s Assistant PS Sir Robert Fellowes, married to Diana’s sister and related to herself, as ‘Bellows’, for instance.

I don’t think she consented. She wouldn’t need to as they own the footage. And besides I don’t think Eugenie is anything less than a fully paid up member of her family.

If she was playing with Archie or Lili, they are Eugenie's first cousins once removed. Lili and Archie are August's second cousins.

I watched it all. Often bored. I don’t know what to say really.

Is Harry claiming Charles leaked their exit? Quite a claim. I always thought it was them.

William came in for quite a beating. Well yes Harry people grow up and find themselves doing things they once thought were awful. Because they grow up and realise the rules of the game. So he yelled at you when he was pissed off. Normal. And basically insinuating he bullied them out? First I heard of that

Breezed over the fact they had that website ready to launch. Breezed over the fact it was her friends who mentioned the letter and then the media went after it. Breezed over the fact they too had refused to settle with the mail. Breezed over the fact that what Jason K said was true.

The Archie birth was interesting because now they are saying it was the Portland that made it difficult. But B and E born there.

Really left me with no indication what was so awful they had to leave, they still get bad press. What’s so different now. Harry just seems sad and you bet he lost friends. And Ashleigh…being used now isn’t she.

I think the whole thing is desperately sad.

And released on the day all that family he misses were having one of those moments when they were all together. Looking so united.

I don’t really know what this documentary was about. It was all very self indulgent.

And small Nottingham Cottage. Cracks me up. Meghan was deluded about royal life.

Last edited:
And Meghan had a completely distorted view of royal life. Her first reality check probably came when she saw how "small" Nottingham Cottage was. Besides Meghan never fully committed to the UK ("their country, not mine" in her own words in the docu-series). She is happy now in California where she got the life she always wanted to have, even though she strangely had to go though a royal connection to get to that point. It is debatable how long she will be able to keep it, but that is not a concern in the near future, I think.

Do you mean "first cousin once removed" instead? August and Archie are second cousins.

I never get those extended relationships right.

I watched it all. Often bored. I don’t know what to say really.

Is Harry claiming Charles leaked their exit? Quite a claim. I always thought it was them.

William came in for quite a beating. Well yes Harry people grow up and find themselves doing things they once thought were awful. Because they grow up and realise the rules of the game. So he yelled at you when he was pissed off. Normal. And basically insinuating he bullied them out? First I heard of that

Breezed over the fact they had that website ready to launch. Breezed over the fact it was her friends who mentioned the letter and then the media went after it. Breezed over the fact they too had refused to settle with the mail. Breezed over the fact that what Jason K said was true.

The Archie birth was interesting because now they are saying it was the Portland that made it difficult. But B and E born there.

Really left me with no indication what was so awful they had to leave, they still get bad press. What’s so different now. Harry just seems sad and you bet he lost friends. And Ashleigh…being used now isn’t she.

I think the whole thing is desperately sad.

And released on the day all that family he misses were having one of those moments when they were all together. Looking so united.

I don’t really know what this documentary was about. It was all very self indulgent.

And small Nottingham Cottage. Cracks me up. Meghan was deluded about royal life.

Yea. Harry thought the details would be leaked, and they were.

Hate-watching? There’s nothing to “hate on” if they were more consistent and stopped lying and embellishing facts. No one is a sycophant and lots of people are tired of their BS. They have spent more time complaining about royal life since leaving the BRF than being actual working royals. The only thing they are consistent is on over exaggerating, playing up dramatics, being cowardly (saying the Queen watched William shouted at Harry and did nothing, but has only said this after she died, I wonder if she were alive right now would he say this?) and never really taking accountability for their own silly behavior. IMO, there’s nothing really good to see in the documentary. The producers editing his grandmother’s speech to fit a narrative that is untrue, how low can they go? You think people are just being haters?

People who don’t like them are nevertheless watching them. That’s called hate-watching.

Last edited by a moderator:
People who don’t like them are nevertheless watching them. That’s called hate-watching.

I suspect this is a cultural difference between members. For people who don't know, "hate watching" is common slang in the United States for watching something you know you're going to disagree with for the sheer fun of talking about what you disliked.

It's how a lot of people approach reality tv.

Last edited:
I suspect this is a cultural difference between members. For people who don't know, "hate watching" is common slang in the United States for watching something you know you're going to disagree with for the sheer fun of talking about what you disliked.

It's how a lot of people approach reality tv.
I don’t see anything fun in hating on this silly documentary. In all honesty, I feel some pity for these two as their credibility goes down the drain even further. I actually watched some scenes, and turned down the volume because some of the things they were peddling were so ridiculous.

Yea. Harry thought the details would be leaked, and they were.
But who leaked it? I dare say it was probably staff of theirs not the BRF. What legitimate reason would the BRF have for leaking on these two?

The comment about Nottingham cottage was very superficial and shows how far they thought as slights were concerned. William and Kate lived there before having kids so what’s the issue? Did they think were deserving of some giant mansion or palace for themselves? Delusions of grandeur most definitely.

The comment about Nottingham cottage was very superficial and shows how far they thought as slights were concerned. William and Kate lived there before having kids so what’s the issue? Did they think were deserving of some giant mansion or palace for themselves? Delusions of grandeur most definitely.

To be fair, by American (or even, I suppose, Canadian or Australian) standards, Nottingham Cottage is indeed a small house. I am not surprised that Meghan would not expect that.

To be fair, by American (or even, I suppose, Canadian or Australian) standards, Nottingham Cottage is indeed a small house. I am not surprised that Meghan would not expect that.
The thing that gets me though is the fact that we got the whole Nott Cott debacle after the wedding, not before - and since the Sussexes are claiming Meghan was visiting UK often and they mostly stayed in, one would imagine she already knew the property inside and out by the time of the wedding. So why would she be surprised by the size of it is beyond me.

But who leaked it? I dare say it was probably staff of theirs not the BRF. What legitimate reason would the BRF have for leaking on these two?

The implication was that it was Charles office.

I thought the comments about Nottingham Cottage were just that the space was smaller than she expected. As an American traveling in England, I was often surprised at spaces that were tinier than expected.

Was anyone else surprised by hearing that Lili was christened in England, and according to Tyler Perry he was asked to be one of her godparents but he declined to attend to actual ceremony because he "didn't want to be a part of all that".

Whatever that was supposed to mean..a part of all what?:whistling:

Anyway I wonder where it took place and when? Which members of the family attended, if any?

Amazed that the Sussexes were able to pull it off in complete secrecy apparently.:ohmy:

It wasn’t said that the ceremony was in England that I heard, and I pricked up my ears when Tyler mentioned it. I think it was inferred that it was quiet and happened at home or at least in California. Maybe Eugenie and Jack’s surprise visit to the Sussexes had something to do with it.

I'm too lazy to go through the video again or reread this thread, but did I missJessica Mulroney? As Meghan's besties I sort of expecting her to make significant appearance in this show as her primary character witness.

I thought the comments about Nottingham Cottage were just that the space was smaller than she expected. As an American traveling in England, I was often surprised at spaces that were tinier than expected.

Nott Cott is apparently 1324 sq ft. Definitely small by North American standards, but perfectly adequate for two people. Our first house in Canada was 1180 sq ft, and we felt as if we were rattling around in it. The house we left behind in the UK was 780 sq ft. Shockingly, both houses had the same number of bedrooms! :lol:

It's a pity there's no floorplan available. I'd love to know how it's arranged inside.

We’ve only heard the Sussexes POV.

Maybe William yelled at Harry. Maybe Harry yelled at William too. Brothers have been known to argue. And Harry has- imo- behaved pretty badly. (He’d already behaved badly by the SS imo- publicly.)

Planting stories? All we have is their word. Which is pretty worthless imo.

They produced evidence of nothing. They didn’t bother to address the complaints against them. They change their stories from one interview to the next. A lot of what they say doesn’t even make sense.

Do I believe that the Sussexes are economical with facts, have an inflated sense of their own importance, and are on an angry slash-and-burn tear via this Netflix series?Absolutely.

But I am also not willing/able to accept that everyone on the "other side" ...in the family and out of it...have completely clean hands and acted 100% good faith toward the couple. What continues to stick in my craw even now is that BP and KP were willing to let the false story of Meghan's bullying of Kate take on a life of it's own, and it would still be accepted as fact today if Meghan hadn't refuted it. That bothered me because I believed the story and I held it against MM.

BUT...I am just as interested in the stories about MM's abrasive attitude toward staff, and her well documented tendency to drop people with no notice after they have outlived their usefulness.

The fact that she apparently didn't address these things speaks for itself.

As someone else mentioned, there is apparently nothing...not one thing...that the Sussexes feel that they could have handled better as members of the BRF. And that speaks for itself as well.:sad:

Last edited:
It's a pity there's no floorplan available. I'd love to know how it's arranged inside.

Didn't we see a floorplan a few years ago? Or was that of Frogmore?

UK has the smallest homes in Europe when counting floorspace.

Last edited:
Guys, before I go into the final episode, I find myself asking if I hallucinated the whole part about them being filmed doing a personal guided meditation about not proving to the media that they are good, because that just feeds the beast, in a documentary about proving they are good in the media.

Is this a glitch in the simulation? Am I real? Are any of you?

Sigh. Back to it.

This made my day! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom