Meghan Markle: Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Meghan’s wedding dress be a nod to the Queen? Monarch’s couturier Stewart Parvin is now the bookies’ favourite to design the royal bride-to-be’s gown

• Royal dressmaker Stewart Parvin previously designed Zara Phillip's bridal gown
  • Bookmakers have him down as evens to make dress, overtaking Roland Mouret
  • The British fashion designer has been the Queen's dressmaker since 2000

link:
Stewart Parvin favourite to design Meghan's wedding dress | Daily Mail Online

Now the favorite is said to be Stewart Parvin.

I wasn't that keen on Zara's dress, though he would be a very safe choice, I suppose.

Please be reminded that photos/images should be posted as links and not directly. Where a link cannot be found to replace a direct image, posts will be deleted (and therefore any responses). Thank you.

Still one of my favorites for her..

Reminiscent of that sickly over-sweet 'Cupcake Frosting', imo . Sorry.

That train really is a thing of beauty. I don't like white embroidery and pearls on white gowns. Bot Charlene and Catherine's gowns had that at the front coming up from the hem but it was mostly invisible in most indoors and outdoors.

Classic embroidery with silver and gold thread and crystals are much easier to see and to my mind, better bang for your buck.

I'm not sure where that gown (with the train) came from..someone in the comments said it was 400,000 for the dress.

Something of that style (less bling etc) would look great in St George's.

LaRae

Reminiscent of that sickly over-sweet 'Cupcake Frosting', imo . Sorry.

The poof can be reduced...the structure of the gown is what catches my eye.

LaRae

The train certainly is beautiful. Opulent, something out of a fairy tale. :flowers:

That said way OTT, not something I could see Meghan ever wearing. Meghan has said, and shown in her clothing choices so far, she likes modern lines and streamline. That dress looks like the fairy godmother exploded in gems all over it. Beautiful as a costume, but too much bling for someone like Meghan.

https://www.theknot.com/fashion/rk52...-wedding-dress

Still one of my favorites for her...she would look stunning in it. I realize not likely....but I wish!

LaRae

The color is beautiful. I would love for her to go with something similar :flowers:

But off shoulder is of course a no go.

Now the favorite is said to be Stewart Parvin.

I wasn't that keen on Zara's dress, though he would be a very safe choice, I suppose.

More likely then the other two top contenders: Mouret (French designer?) and McQueen (I don't see her using the same one as Kate, she will know there will be enough comparisons without).

While I am not a fan of Zara's, it was not custom made. I am sure if Meghan chose him, and worked with the designer, the product would be much better.

Last edited:
Countessmeout I think she could do off shoulder if she did one of those gauzy wraps..know what I'm talking about?

The dress is just romantic...quite love it.

LaRae

I've been wondering if Meghan will go with a very unknown designer. In order to raise their profile. Someone she likes of course.

LaRae

I've been wondering if Meghan will go with a very unknown designer. In order to raise their profile. Someone she likes of course.

LaRae

The problem with that is the scale of the wedding. The gown is going to need to be incredible. The detail and precision that goes into it. It might be hard to find a 'up and coming designer' who has the ability to pull it off. Including things like the staff and time to do so. Making a dress like this in four months will be a huge project even for a top design house.

While I always love when royals use little known designers and give them exposure, I am not sure a wedding is the right time to do so.

I have wondered previously, since she and Harry knew the timeline and we didn't, if she hadn't already picked out a designer and had things in the works or ready to go as soon as it was all public.

She likes some of the established Brit designers too but it's hard to tell if she favors anyone.

LaRae

So I think I have found my top dress designer for Meghan. Suzanne Neville. I have to credit someone else on another board for posting her latest collection but my goodness, what a gorgeous collection of gowns! I can imagine Meghan in several of these.

http://www.suzanneneville.com/belle-epoque-collection-2018/

Last edited:
And who mentioned Stewart Parvin first?

Me!

A modern version of Jackie Kennedy’s wedding gown would be a great choice:

https://www.theweddingsecret.co.uk/magazine/wp-content/uploads/1-424.jpg

I admit I used to like Jackie's but seeing those pictures :eek: I never realized what the skirt looked like. Looked like some gone with the wind costume. I don't like the weird texture of her skirt. The top was stunning.

I hope she doesn't do a 'modern version' of anyone's. Seen with Kate's, a modern version of someone else's doesn't always translate. Hope she has a beautiful unique gown of her own.

LaRae

It's possible she could go with an unknown designer, but setting aside the design itself, it will be their skill in cut, structure and use of material that will set the gown apart from other wedding dresses and make it a "royal" wedding dress.

:previous: While I like the overall silhouette I just hate the folds/layers and these circle-shaped stuffs. Too much like a costume to me.

Classic embroidery with silver and gold thread and crystals are much easier to see and to my mind, better bang for your buck.

I agree. The silver and gold embroidery on Queen Letizia's wedding gown was a good example.

So I think I have found my top dress designer for Meghan. Suzanne Neville. I have to credit someone else on another board for posting her latest collection but my goodness, what a gorgeous collection of gowns! I can imagine Meghan in several of these.

Belle Epoque Collection 2018 | Suzanne Neville

+1000 This collection is fabulous! Meghan has said that her wedding dress goal would be Caroline Besset Kennedy. I haven't really seen a British designer that leans in that direction until now. I really like the Pronovias collection but I think she'll go with a British designer. Suzanne Neville is my new fave.

I'll credit a commenter on Go Fug Yourself for suggesting this Pronovias dress. I love this style for Meghan. I really like the neckline and the rounded back. Dress feels romantic, elegant and sexy which aligns w/ the engagement photo vibe. Don't think Meghan will do as much lace and beading as Kate. Though I really liked Kate's dress too.

https://www.pronovias.com/ca/wedding-dress-flared-long-raigal-61017

Meghan has said that her wedding dress goal would be Caroline Besset Kennedy.

When did she say that? She said that for this wedding? Somehow I am doubting she would go for the slinky look at this wedding. :cool:

Carolyn Bessette wedding dress | The Enchanted Manor

In looking at the Carolyn Besset Kennedy wedding dress I came across Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg's wedding gown and it really stands the test of time imo. Interesting gown. :flowers: Best of both worlds: fitted and poofy.

http://theenchantedmanor.com//wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Caroline-and-Ed-at-the-church-1.jpg

Last edited:
I love Carolyn’s wedding gown, but I doubt Meghan will wear something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom