Meghan Markle: Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She'll probably tone down the full ornate, but I'm hoping for a reasonable amount. Some of the royal brides have just gone too plain with their dresses.

I agree. :flowers: I've kinda changed my view. I'd like to see something snazzy, and I think she may have an inclination in that direction. Hope so. ;)

Last edited:
Aaah! Dress #2! Not the dreaded Pnina Tornai!! Gah I hate her gowns.

The first dress looks like it weighs a ton. The third one is just tacky beading...

I like ornate gowns - but I like tastefully done ornate gowns, lol.

You and me both on Pinina! So gaudy/trampy.

LaRae

She'll probably tone down the full ornate, but I'm hoping for a reasonable amount. Some of the royal brides have just gone too plain with their dresses.

I am of the exact same opinion and therefore I am very careful now about being enthusiastic about how Meghan will appear. I have been disappointed too much with royal brides.

I do agree..don't want to see a Mette-Marit dress.

LaRae

*That* is what I don't want to see at all. What a letdown that was (for me).

I don't like the 'Suits wedding dress' on Meghan. It doesn't look like it fits her well, it is almost wearing her. I don't really care for that bodice either.

I actually prefer her real wedding dress over that one...but not crazy about it either.

LaRae

My impression of Meghan is that she likes to keep things simple and not too over the top or complicated - maybe with an interesting structural design element and minimal "bling", so I think her wedding dress will reflect that.

:previous: I definitely hope that she goes for the structural route, like Charlene or Victoria. I love gowns that rely on the beauty of structure and craftsmanship for the wow. But with a bit of bling thrown in.

I don't like the 'Suits wedding dress' on Meghan. It doesn't look like it fits her well, it is almost wearing her. I don't really care for that bodice either.

I actually prefer her real wedding dress over that one...but not crazy about it either.

LaRae
Agreed the suits one looks like when you are first dress shopping and the dress hasn't been fitted for you yet. Alterations always make the dress look different on your body. I think the suits dress would have been far better if it had been fitted better.

Her actual first dress was pretty. It suited the event....as casual beach wedding.

Reminds me of Pippa's, though it doesn't have as much lace.

Agreed, reminds me of Pippa's dress when I saw it. As much as I preferred Pippa's dress to Kate's, I hope Meghan's is nothing like either.

My impression of Meghan is that she likes to keep things simple and not too over the top or complicated - maybe with an interesting structural design element and minimal "bling", so I think her wedding dress will reflect that.

Yes but her dress is going to have to fit the venue too...so nothing too simple I hope.

Structure with some accent..maybe with some exquisite embroidery etc.

LaRae

We have a hint: the first wedding dress did have the 'bling', as did her formal engagement snaps dress. I think she likes a bit of splash, but 'tastefully' done. We may be surprised. :flowers: In fact we would have to be if she 'cannot' ;) follow the dress style of Kate or Pippa (which were pretty normal, average styles).

Last edited:
If Meghan does wear a tiara, will the veil cover her face as she enters the chapel?

:previous: There are veil styles without the blusher part. Certainly not all royal brides choose the blusher style. Among the continental royal brides, many haven't.

That said, its more common in UK royal weddings, so I'd say yes.

:previous: There are veil styles without the blusher part. Certainly not all royal brides choose the blusher style. Among the continental royal brides, many haven't.

That said, its more common in UK royal weddings, so I'd say yes.

YEs, but the question asked about veil covering her face due to tiara. Whether or not she wear a tiara has no effect on it.

YEs, but the question asked about veil covering her face due to tiara. Whether or not she wear a tiara has no effect on it.

I don't think the poster thought that a veil would not cover the face with a veil (as in a veil would be blocked from falling that far). Simply if she is wearing a veil with her tiara, if she will opt for a blusher.

:previous: Actually, whether she wears a blusher or not does impact the wearing of a tiara, eg.

Diana wore the Spencer Tiara on the outside of the veil and blusher which I have never seen before or since:
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7c/c1/cc/...princess-diana-wedding-lady-diana-spencer.jpg

The upside of this was we all got to see the tiara sparkle up the aisle and reflect off the crystals scattered over her veil. The downside was that she had to keep the blusher down until they went into the Vestry to sign the register. There it was simply cut off with scissors.

My own preference for a second wedding is no blusher.

Catherine's blusher was attached to the veil itself which meant that all the way up the aisle the tiara was covered and the density of the blusher blurred her tiara preventing us from getting a really good look at the Halo Scroll.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7c/c1/cc/...princess-diana-wedding-lady-diana-spencer.jpg

Unfortunately, the density of the veil was doubled when her blusher was thrown back and the tiara was set below the slightly bouffant hairstyle which meant it made the tiara even harder to pick out against the double white veil.
https://vg-images.condecdn.net/image/z5zLQkMQLoz/crop/405

Last edited:

Actually, whether she wears a blusher or not does impact the wearing of a tiara, eg.

Diana wore the Spencer Tiara on the outside of the veil and blusher which I have never seen before or since:
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7c/c1/cc/7...na-spencer.jpg

The upside of this was we all got to see the tiara sparkle up the aisle and reflect off the crystals scattered over her veil. The downside was that she had to keep the blusher down until they went into the Vestry to sign the register. There it was simply cut off with scissors.

My own preference for a second wedding is no blusher.

Catherine's blusher was attached to the veil itself which meant that all the way up the aisle the tiara was covered and the density of the blusher blurred her tiara preventing us from getting a really good look at the Halo Scroll.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7c/c1/cc/7...na-spencer.jpg

Unfortunately, the density of the veil was doubled when her blusher was thrown back and the tiara was set below the slightly bouffant hairstyle which meant it made the tiara even harder to pick out against the double white veil.
https://vg-images.condecdn.net/image...MQLoz/crop/405

True if you wear a tiara, the positioning of a blusher is very important. Or the tiara. Diana I think had the right idea. Kate's, the tiara was lost, the thick veil and the smaller tiara.

But it doesn't affect the wear a blusher or not wear a blusher debate which is how I took Cyril's comment.

I agree, I'd prefer no blusher. But for me not about the second marriage, or at least not alone. I guess part of me has always liked the mantilla style veils, with no blushers. Especially on brides with beautiful tiaras to display.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diana had a much more substantial tiara ...and I actually like how she wore hers. But I like how Kate wore hers as well...and Sarah!

LaRae

Had no idea about that! :ermm: I would call that a design flaw. What a waste of good veiling.

Regarding the issue of veil and blusher: depending on what tack Meghan takes, I see her without a veil (blusher). Maybe a tiara with something coming off the back. (I'm thinking of one royal bride but can't recall who it was). In a slimming gown with lots of interesting crystals/embroidery, a high neck collar and long sleeves, all in lace but with crystals. The image I have in my mind is quite fabulous. :flowers:

:previous: Yes, I too am of the opinion that no blusher is preferable allowing us all to see the beauty of her tiara, should she wear one.

My own personal preference is absolutely for no blusher although I don't think I would like to see no veil at all.

I don't like blushers at all.
I've never been to a wedding in the USA where the bride wore one; is it simply a British thing?

It must be where you live Mirabel or the types of weddings you've been to. It is done at weddings in the U.S.

LaRae

Last edited:
It must be wear you live Mirabel or the types of weddings you've been to. It is done at weddings in the U.S.

LaRae

Yes, I agree. I've attended many weddings where the bride has worn a blusher. I do think as more weddings become less formal it is not as common.

One thing I want to watch for is when Suits airs the finale. It's rumored that Rachel and Mike get married and ride off to sunset together since both Meghan and Patrick are not renewing their contracts. I wonder if they will have a new wedding dress for that wedding. I hated that Anne Barge wedding dress, which is surprising because Suits usually have it on point. However, it could be that they knew it was going to be called off and that they wanted a smaller dress as to not distract from the story. It'd be interesting to see what is picked, if it turns out to be a new dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom