Meghan Markle: Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Meghan will wear a dress by a designer she has used before - someone she would trust or has established a good relationship with. On the other hand, if she has not used British designers very much, a whole new world of possibilities are now open to her to try some British designers.

My guess is this designer just wants some free publicity by leading people to believe they are in the running for the next royal wedding.

I agree.

There only is three possibilities
1) British designer
2) American or Canadian designer
3) non British/American/Canadian designer she frequently chose before

Honestly I don't see the reason to choose an Israeli designer...

I assume the designer just wanted some residual publicity. I suspect there will be other designers to come forward and just as we have found with other matters regarding H&M the clickbait is far from the truth.

I only hope her wedding dress is splendid blinding white and devoid of lace. American roses create their own style.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree.

There only is three possibilities
1) British designer
2) American or Canadian designer
3) non British/American/Canadian designer she frequently chose before

Honestly I don't see the reason to choose an Israeli designer...

Given that the Israeli designer in question made a big deal last year of designing "a whole collection" for Beyonce's Formation tour (only to end up doing a single outfit), the evidence is mounting that she's very focused on self-promotion at the expense of what one might call "the precise truth".

At any rate, even if it's true, the act of issuing a statement about it to the Jerusalem Post will strike her off the list, I think.

Personally, I think Erdem would be a good choice; she's worn/worked with him before and he ticks both the Canadian and British boxes.

Hi all - I've read the entire thread and have loved looking at all of the links you've all provided!

I think it was on this thread that someone mentioned Phillipa Lepley (Phillipa Lepley | Dresses | Couture Wedding Dresses). I've been looking through her designs and there are some that I absolutely LOVE! I'm voting for her being the one! Mark it down ?

Overall, I like the idea of something with tulle, plain satin, or beading. I don't like lace for Meghan and feel it doesn't really go with her more streamlined, modern aesthetic. Plus I think it would invite comparisons with Kate and even Pippa, and I don't think she'd want that (she wants to have her own look and feel to the day, not like anyone else's, IMO). I like something with a defined waist since Meghan has sort of a boxy torso with long thin arms/legs. I think she needs a slightly full skirt to give her more of an hourglass figure (assuming that's what she wants). Not a full ballgown, but something with some width to the bottom half.

I think she'll go with something classic and streamlined, but I don't see her wearing a sheath dress like CBK - too minimalistic/not grand enough for the wedding venue. Hopefully she'll have a long train and veil.

I'd love something like this, but with the tulle covering her shoulders. I think this first one is my favorite so far. Simple yet not, it has presence and oomf without being OOT, IMO - https://hips.hearstapps.com/harpersbazaaruk.cdnds.net/17/04/1485530462-pltwinkle.jpg?resize=768:*
close up of top - http://phillipalepley.com/wp-conten...pley-Off-The-Shoulder-Tulle-Wedding-Dress.png

Or something simple, like this - https://i2.wp.com/phillipalepley.co...g-Train-Couture-Wedding-Dress.jpg?fit=460,690

Or this (but obviously not strapless) - http://phillipalepley.com/wp-conten...esigner-Wedding-Dress-Sweetheart-Neckline.jpg

Or this - http://phillipalepley.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Phillipa-Lepley-Satin-Collar-Wedding-Gown.jpg

Or - http://phillipalepley.com/wp-conten...in-V-Back-Wedding-Dress-London-Long-Train.jpg

Or even these with a tulle top again, but some texture in the tulle and skirt - http://phillipalepley.com/wp-conten...aded-1920s-Corseted-Bespoke-Wedding-Dress.jpg

Or beading in a champagne color (I don't like the t-shirt style of the top, but do like the idea of the dress, with beading) - http://phillipalepley.com/wp-conten...lipa-Lepley-Wedding-Dress-Designer-London.jpg

I love the elegant modern flair of these gowns.

I was wondering about you yesterday Fashion Maven! You missed several pages of posts! <G>

LaRae

One idea we haven't had is a collaboration between a British and an American designer. Or a British and Canadian designer. It's a possibility.

Ok so I'm pretty sure this sketch has been posted before...

https://media.brides.com/photos/5a2..._limit/Caroline-Castigliano-Meghan-Markle.jpg

But I'm bringing it back because it's one of the few sketches I've liked of a potential look for Meghan and I just browsed through some of the designer's gowns and I have to say, I really like her style, more so than any others I've seen. It's a simple, classic style but with a modern, romantic twist that I think suits Meghan's style and the venue/occasion. Of course the chances of her designing Meghan's gown is slim...very slim. But she definitely has a style that I'd be happy to see on Meghan. (The second dress in the link below is my favorite.)

Celebrating Romance Wedding Dress Collection | Caroline Castigliano

Yeah - I told the designer on twitter that this was my favorite royal sketch for Meghan - out of all the ones I'd seen lately. Aside from the low back, it's perfect - but that could be easily fixed.

I love the modern elegance of the front with the sparkly party in the back. It's brilliant.

I assume the designer just wanted some residual publicity. I suspect there will be other designers to come forward and just as we have found with other matters regarding H&M the clickbait is far from the truth.

I only hope her wedding dress is splendid blinding white and devoid of lace. American roses create their own style.

Honestly I think the DM just made that up.

I was wondering about you yesterday Fashion Maven! You missed several pages of posts! <G>

LaRae

Awww I know! I've been frantically getting ready for Christmas as I'm hosting it at my house this year! I'm doing a Christmas Eve brunch too - so lots to do!!

But I missed you guys - so here I am!

I love the gowns posted since I've been here...

Awww I know! I've been frantically getting ready for Christmas as I'm hosting it at my house this year! I'm doing a Christmas Eve brunch too - so lots to do!!

But I missed you guys - so here I am!

I love the gowns posted since I've been here...

I was giving you another day or two then sending a PM!!!

I do all the Christmas planning/cooking...but I no longer work outside the home (I help raise 3 grand kids and homeschool them) so I do have more flexibility about things!

Glad you are back!

LaRae

I love that corded lace!

LaRae

Truly the corded lace is lovely. The corded lace could be on the lengths of the sleeves and also encircle the skirt of the dress several times.

Yes it would make a nice detail element.

LaRae

Alice Temperley is a London wedding dress designer.

Not at all a fan of that collection.

LaRae

What [on Gods green Earth] IS 'corded lace'..

Thank you Pranter..

Personally I hope Ms Markle eschews lace completely and opts for something more sculptural, architectural and dramatic. Lace has been vastly overused in recent years...

I agree, I would think she'd go for something less fussy/lacy and more streamlined.

Thank you Pranter..

Personally I hope Ms Markle eschews lace completely and opts for something more sculptural, architectural and dramatic. Lace has been vastly overused in recent years...

I really don't expect her to do a lacy dress. I also don't want to see something too severe and stark (ala Mette Marit)

The corded lace could be used as a design element (sparingly) or even embroidery detail. Not a whole dress of it.

LaRae

TMZ just posted a sketch by Inbal Dror that's suppose to be Meghan's gown. If the designer leaked the sketch she's out of the running. Discretion is the word.

Is that the Israeli designer? That was posted several days ago...no one really believes that person is going to be the designer.

LaRae

Is that the Israeli designer? That was posted several days ago...no one really believes that person is going to be the designer.

LaRae

Yes. But this has been escalated. They couldn’t make the designer for comment several days ago. Now they’ve confirmed they responded with sketches to a request from the palace. And they’ve released the sketches they submitted. There is no way in hell this would be the designer. But she serves as a good distraction.

They confirmed? KP confirmed this?

Just because a designer has 'confirmed' doesn't mean it's true...who's to say they didn't just send them unasked..if they actually sent them at all.

No designer that was actually being asked by Meghan for sketches would break silence about it.

LaRae

Last edited:
I highly doubt they were asked, because well, the dresses are now all over the press. That's not how someone who's asked to design a wedding dress to a very high profile pride to be would operate.

TMZ just posted a sketch by Inbal Dror that's suppose to be Meghan's gown. If the designer leaked the sketch she's out of the running. Discretion is the word.

I don't think she was ever in the running. No one who is in the know like that would be spilling it and risking anything. This is clearly her trying to get some free publicity and it is working.

They confirmed? KP confirmed this?

Just because a designer has 'confirmed' doesn't mean it's true...who's to say they didn't just send them unasked..if they actually sent them at all.

No designer that was actually being asked by Meghan for sketches would break silence about it.

LaRae

The designer’s publicists confirmed. I’m not saying I believe it. I’m just stating what was reported.

They are telling some big stories...lots of free publicity.

LaRae

If someone is stupid enough to speak that’s a guaranteed no go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom