Meghan Markle: Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is just the weirdest thing ever.

The palace sends request for sketches for wedding dresses to a designer. The designer sends the sketches to the palace and to the TMZ, and then gives statements to the press about it. I mean, WHAT? If that doesn't sound like a publicity seeking, headline seeking stunt, I don't know what does. IF that designer was ever asked, they're just beyond stupid, and have no idea how to do business, at all.

Shouldn't it have something like confidentiality agreement if KP asked them for a sketch? It's not professional at all to leak your (potential) client's information to the press when everything is still in progress. If KP/Meghan did consider choosing them before I think they now should kick them off the list.

Last edited:
They would have them sign a NDA without a doubt. That is why you can tell this designer is full of it and just trying to gain some publicity off it. No shame in her game and it is working but I think most people with common sense realize there is no way she involved because if she actually was she would be silent.

Honestly I don't think the Israeli designer was even remotely considered. If she is going to brave the talk of not choosing a British designer, she will choose American or Canadian. At least then there is the 'well I am choosing a designer from my home' defense to talk.

But if the woman even remotely was considered, she is out now.

The dress sketch I am sorry is hideous. Its a costume gone wrong

Meghan Markle's Royal Wedding, Potential Dress Sketches Revealed | TMZ.com

This designer is probably simple cackling with glee as her "leaked" sketches make the rounds and airhead future brides jump right on them as they're going to want to be "just like Meghan". Money and publicity in the pocket for the designer (which I bet Meghan or KP has never even heard of).

Some people will fall for anything. That's why there's so much "fake news" around these days. :D

BTW: I bet I could get out my crayons and draw a bridal gown and send it to KP to give to Meghan too. I wouldn't be lying saying I submitted one of my designs to KP. Think Meghan would pick a stick figure bridal design? :lol:

Honestly I don't think the Israeli designer was even remotely considered. If she is going to brave the talk of not choosing a British designer, she will choose American or Canadian. At least then there is the 'well I am choosing a designer from my home' defense to talk.

But if the woman even remotely was considered, she is out now.

The dress sketch I am sorry is hideous. Its a costume gone wrong

Meghan Markle's Royal Wedding, Potential Dress Sketches Revealed | TMZ.com

Thanks for posting the "sketches"! :flowers:
Sorry but WTF. It's like the designer just randomly draws some sketches and pretends it's for Meghan (well she writes "for Meghan Markle" :rolleyes:). It's not even like a wedding dress for a wedding in spring. Officially it's a joke, the case is closed. (sorry not sorry)

BTW: I bet I could get out my crayons and draw a bridal gown and send it to KP to give to Meghan too. I wouldn't be lying saying I submitted one of my designs to KP. Think Meghan would pick a stick figure bridal design? :lol:

Just try it, at least you are from U.S., there still is the possibility:lol:

Just sent them to TMZ. They will print anything.

That said, I do think she will do a long sleeve design. So curious to what she decides.

Look at how the press is treating this choice of designer: best known for sexy silhouettes and plunging necklines. Beyonce's Grammy dress is being used as an example. The dress is fine for the Grammys but not for a royal wedding. The Fail is taking another tact in going after Meghan: she will go down the aisle in historic St. George's Chapel as a reality show bimbo.

I'm convinced Meghan will go for one of the top British designers: Phillipa Lepley, Sarah Burton, Bruce Oldfield, Jenny Packham. Someone like this!

Not an Israeli designer with no links to either the UK or the US.

People who believe this and write about it as if there is only a remote ring of truth about it must be really gullible. Or mockingly indignant because "This is not the way things are supposed to be!"

If anything it gives a humorous read and a good laugh. Luckily most of "us" here realize that.

It shows how much this wedding and the lead up to it is alive.

Look at how the press is treating this choice of designer: best known for sexy silhouettes and plunging necklines. Beyonce's Grammy dress is being used as an example. The dress is fine for the Grammys but not for a royal wedding. The Fail is taking another tact in going after Meghan: she will go down the aisle in historic St. George's Chapel as a reality show bimbo.

Which is odd because MM style of dress has always been casual and more understated. This seems like a racket for the designer to get press because I'm sure anything coming from the palace would come with an NDA.

The designer did'nt even get MM's likeness correct in the first place.

Meghan has dressed appropriately for every royal related events so far. There is no reason to believe she would break this type of rules at her own wedding. I’m not sure how they’ve been nonconformists. All rules are made by the Queen, she doesn’t seem to have any issues with, so they are conforming just fine.

Btw, isn’t the no bare shoulder more of a Church rule?

??? Yes she has, and looked amazing.

I think with Zara's wedding she had bare arms & Peter's wedding the Ladies in the wedding party INCLUDING Zara herself went strapless. Hell, she even had major tan lines.

Not saying that Meghan will go to church that way. But it has been done and with members of the Royal family itself.

No matter what she decides to put on she will look GREAT, and people are going to :cry: about it.

Kensington Palace released a statement appreciating the interest but they will details in due time. That designer must be bummed that KP did not confirm her press release and worried she disqualified herself for blabbing.

That is just the weirdest thing ever.

The palace sends request for sketches for wedding dresses to a designer. The designer sends the sketches to the palace and to the TMZ, and then gives statements to the press about it. I mean, WHAT? If that doesn't sound like a publicity seeking, headline seeking stunt, I don't know what does. IF that designer was ever asked, they're just beyond stupid, and have no idea how to do business, at all.
They know exactly how to do business. They chose between the opportunity to design ONE dress versus selling a whole lot more to women who have now heard of the brand for the very first time. It's clever. In the end, it is about the money and when you know the chances of being chosen are slim in the first place, you take the other route.

Kensington Palace released a statement appreciating the interest but they will details in due time. That designer must be bummed that KP did not confirm her press release and worried she disqualified herself for blabbing.

That designer was never in the running to begin with. Just a story to get attention.

LaRae

They know exactly how to do business. They chose between the opportunity to design ONE dress versus selling a whole lot more to women who have now heard of the brand for the very first time. It's clever. In the end, it is about the money and when you know the chances of being chosen are slim in the first place, you take the other route.

I think it is a short term win for a long time loss. I wouldn't trust someone like this designer in the near future if I were a person looking for discretion in people I work with. I think most see this for exactly what it was. So she will sell a few more dresses and bring attention to her brand but she has started a reputation for herself already. She did this kind of stuff with Beyonce as well and it didn't go over so well. I can see many of A listers crossing her off the list for now.

Didn't Diana consult with Vogue when choosing her gown. I think Meghan should outsource to the editors at Vogue who would be more than happy to be the in between guys so they can handle to vetting process and it won't lead back to MM.

I think it is a short term win for a long time loss. I wouldn't trust someone like this designer in the near future if I were a person looking for discretion in people I work with. I think most see this for exactly what it was. So she will sell a few more dresses and bring attention to her brand but she has started a reputation for herself already. She did this kind of stuff with Beyonce as well and it didn't go over so well. I can see many of A listers crossing her off the list for now.
I don't recall that. Beyoncé never walked the carpet and wore the dress for a few minutes on stage and it was identified as Inbal Dror. You don't expect a little known brand not to capitalise on that, that's just foolish.

And what reputation besides the fact that she sketched a dress for a future Royal? Dozens of designers do so and publish it. Your average bride who buys a dress off the rack isn't going to care. The woman who asks for a custom made dress most likely doesn't have the profile of Meghan Markle won't care and anyone who does (or higher) will probably ask other, well known designers for a dress.

It's sort of naive to think that this designer would be dumb enough to blab if the odds were high it was going to be THE dress. This was all marketing and profiling and they're not in the wrong for doing so. It's a calculated risk.

Last edited:
IIRC is about about her deigning a piece of Beyonce's tour. She kind of insinuated that she was the overall designer of the tour which wasn't true. I am not shaming her for getting publicity but I do think it is tacky she ran to TMZ with it. No need to be that desperate.

But she got what she wanted -- us talking about her. Mission accomplished.

ETA: It would seem now her PR Team are acting dumbfounded by how the info was leaked. Just own it.

Last edited:
:previous: Too much lace. I'm not as against lace as some here, but that's just a bit much. Much prefer Amanda Wakeley.

Yes with less of it that could be very striking.

LaRae

Some observers are wondering whether Meghan might wear a Ralph & Russo couture wedding gown (after seeing the lovely R&R engagement photo gown).

Below are some elegant R&R wedding designs that might look fantastic on Meghan:

http://www.weddinginspirasi.com/wp-...r-beaded-applique-white-wedding-ball-gown.jpg
http://munaluchibridal.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/ralph_and_russo_beaded_gown_with_veil.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/12/ab/51/12ab518a9829588fb14f7f394b6198b2.jpg
http://thebijoubride.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/ralph-russo36.jpg

The last two photos are different views of the same gown.

Last edited:
Sorry..I just don't like any of those...they are too much..too busy.

LaRae

I was thinking the same thing. Too much going on.

This brand was brought up a few weeks ago in the wedding dress thread and I kinda cringed....most of their dresses are just too over the top. Some folks like that sort of thing though.

LaRae

Some observers are wondering whether Meghan might wear a Ralph & Russo couture wedding gown (after seeing the lovely R&R engagement photo gown).

Below are some elegant R&R wedding designs that might look fantastic on Meghan:

http://www.weddinginspirasi.com/wp-...r-beaded-applique-white-wedding-ball-gown.jpg
http://munaluchibridal.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/ralph_and_russo_beaded_gown_with_veil.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/12/ab/51/12ab518a9829588fb14f7f394b6198b2.jpg
http://thebijoubride.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/ralph-russo36.jpg

The last two photos are different views of the same gown.

They would all look better with plain veils. Too much going on. Beautiful embroidery work though.

I'm actually thinking since she went with R&R for engagement photos that she'd go with a different designer for wedding dress.

Yeah I think so too, she will go with a different designer.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom