Marius Borg Høiby News & Current Events Part 1: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They could take away his car, I doubt he could pay for one himself.

So, you are assuming, Marius is poor... Hmm, I just wonder - there were this Instagram pictures with the very expensive looking watches on Marius. One was for example a Rolex Daytona Steel - they go for 20.000 €uros - and this was his decent watch... The one on his pic with the handgun and the money stuffed in his trousers for example was out of solid gold...

Yeah, high life and all - Who and what paid for it? Do we really want to know?

So, you are assuming, Marius is poor... Hmm, I just wonder - there were this Instagram pictures with the very expensive looking watches on Marius. One was for example a Rolex Daytona Steel - they go for 20.000 €uros - and this was his decent watch... The one on his pic with the handgun and the money stuffed in his trousers for example was out of solid gold...

Considering his declared earnings for tax purposes , yes I think Norwegian tax payers are due an explanation . No , I am not saying that the CP couple need to account for every krone they spend , that In my opinion would be overly intrusive . However if Marius is not being financially supported by his father , then yes the Norwegian public have a right to know . Is Marius's lifestyle being paid for by the royal household .

I'm sure they created a trust fund from Marius when he was a little boy -- maybe even as part of his mother's pre-nup -- so he's probably financially independent, even if he doesn't make much money.
That is a very good point, Kalnel. Over time and with a well managed fund there could be a considerable amount of money available to him.

Well, he sure has no official income. And if he has other forms of income, then I'm sure the Norwegian IRS would like to know.
I'm sure they created a trust fund from Marius when he was a little boy -- maybe even as part of his mother's pre-nup -- so he's probably financially independent, even if he doesn't make much money.
If he lives of a fund it must be very big, because his lifestyle is not cheap!
And if so he can foot his Bills himself.
And unless he Pay normal rent of his house at Skaugum then the taxpayers do Pay for his upkeep.

Well, he sure has no official income. And if he has other forms of income, then I'm sure the Norwegian IRS would like to know.

If he lives of a fund it must be very big, because his lifestyle is not cheap!
And if so he can foot his Bills himself.
And unless he Pay normal rent of his house at Skaugum then the taxpayers do Pay for his upkeep.
They are undoubtedly paying for his security at Skagnum . It may come under cost's associated with security for the CP couple , but Norway is and has been paying for Marius's security / privacy , and that of his guest's for many year's .

Two thoughts: with the exception of the pictures from Italy, we obviously don’t know what he is actually doing - the “shopping trip” pix may not be contemporaneous. He seems to have been more or less invisible. Perhaps he has turned state’s evidence and is cooperating with police to ‘roll up’ the gang of criminals. That would be a smart move and would require him to remain out of sight.

Oh, and ‘innocent unless proven guilty’. He may have had more privileges and opportunities that the average lout (!), but he doesn’t have fewer rights.

Invisible? Shopping with the Crown princess of Norway and going to a restaurant.
Marius was arrested at the cabin on September 13. Dagbladet told that on Wednesday September 18 he was at Michaels, the glamorous district restaurant that has been referred to as "one of the hottest nightspots in Oslo right now", and a "favourite among celebrities and financial elites". It's one of Marius' favourites.

A column in Nettavisen:
It's time for the CP couple to come out of the den and show the public that they are taking responsibility and have answers to the many who ask relevant questions about matters surrounding the Crown Princess's eldest son. To what extent has his acknowledged substance abuse and lifestyle on the brink of the law been financed by what the Royal House receives from the state budget?
(..)

Blå Kors/Blue Cross is a clinic offering treatment for people with alcohol and drug-related problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

We may find out exactly how he is funding his lifestyle when everything goes to trial... My hunch is that there is much more "bad news" about Marius that will come out.

Dagbladet writes that at Shaman Durek's comment field on Instagram, there are now comments about Marius.
"Why don't you help Marius?", a follower asks bluntly.
"I can only help those who are open to my help. I can't force it", Durek answers.
Durek tells Dagbladet that after working with people for 25 years, he has learned that "there is a time and place for everything".

Dagbladet writes that at Shaman Durek's comment field on Instagram, there are now comments about Marius.
"Why don't you help Marius?", a follower asks bluntly.
"I can only help those who are open to my help. I can't force it", Durek answers.
Durek tells Dagbladet that after working with people for 25 years, he has learned that "there is a time and place for everything".
For once I actually agree with Durek.
In fact I'll go as far as to say that he talks sense.
- I never thought that would happen...

Broken clock.

I also notice he seems to be keeping his mouth shut and not opining on what Marius is possessed by? Wonder why.

(This is silly, though. Hasn’t he also been repeatedly asked why he can’t help Mette-Marit, or Harald when he’s ill? Is the same ‘rule’ supposed to go for them?)

Despite Durek's seemingly appropriate response as to why he isn't providing Marius with "help", Durek has absolutely no qualifications to give Marius any legitimate "help" with what appears to be a very complex need in treating long standing substance abuse and sociopathic behaviors including violence against and disregard for others.
As in one sociopath overseeing the care of another sociopath. Seriously!!? 😲🤯

Despite Durek's seemingly appropriate response as to why he isn't providing Marius with "help", Durek has absolutely no qualifications to give Marius any legitimate "help" with what appears to be a very complex need in treating long standing substance abuse and sociopathic behaviors including violence against and disregard for others.
As in one sociopath overseeing the care of another sociopath. Seriously!!? 😲🤯
He's not qualified for anything.
However, he is right. You can't help someone who is out of reach.
Perhaps a prison sentence will result in Marius asking for help. We may hope, because a suspended sentence won't IMO.

Marius denies criminal guilt in Haukland and Snekkestad's cases, claims to be a victim himself.

Marius has been in a total of eight interviews with the police, his defender Øyvind Bratlien writes in a text message to NRK.
- He has explained himself thoroughly and in detail. He pleads guilty in line with his previous statement as well as for threatening another man. For other matters, he does not plead guilty, says Bratlien.

"He does not plead guilty in the cases where Haukland and Snekkestad are offended. Borg Høiby has explained himself about three turbulent relationships where he obviously takes his share of the responsibility for it being so. In the interrogations, he has explained about abuse in close relationships from at least one of the offended ladies," Bratlien writes to TV 2.
- I have had a short conversation with Juliane. She had hoped that he would admit to what she has accused him of, but is unfortunately not surprised that apparently it has not turned out that way, says Snekkestad's lawyer Petter Grødem.
Police prosecutor Andreas Kruszewski confirms that Marius has been interrogated. They also want to carry out further interrogating of him at a later stage in the investigation.

It has been tough and difficult weeks for everyone, which has made it difficult for him to focus fully on his own problems. Now that the interrogations have been completed, he will shortly begin full-time rehabilitation, as he had wished, writes Bratlien in an SMS.
The defender does not want to answer who Marius believes mistreated him.

The third victim's lawyer Mette Yvonne Larsen tells that it is positive that Marius has been in so many interrogations.
Nora Haukland's lawyer John Christian Elden says that they first found out about the interrogations from the media.
- We read it on TV 2. We asked the police for information and new case documents as a result of the article, as we haven't heard anything about this from the police yet. It is strange that Nora has to read such things in the media.
Elden doesn't want to comment that Marius still denies criminal guilt in the relationship concerning Haukland, until he has read what Marius has said in the interrogations. It is great to see progress in the matter. Normally, this means that the police must launch further investigations to clarify the matter.

Juliane Snekkestad's lawyer Petter Grødem said yesterday evening to Se og Hør, that he had not received any indication that Marius had been questioned, nor how he presented himself to the charges, so the police hadn't informed them about Marius' interrogations.

Last edited:
IMO it would be wiser to plead guilty to everything. Now there will be a trial and I doubt that will be an advantage for Marius, even if he is aquitted.
I'm not impressed by his lawyer, who seems more used to defending people who already have a poor reputation and in such cases it might be a good tactic to deny everything.
But a trial will ruin Marius reputation and given his affiliation with the NRF that is far more damaging to Marius than had he been a common criminal.

IMO it would be wiser to plead guilty to everything. Now there will be a trial and I doubt that will be an advantage for Marius, even if he is aquitted.
I'm not impressed by his lawyer, who seems more used to defending people who already have a poor reputation and in such cases it might be a good tactic to deny everything.
But a trial will ruin Marius reputation and given his affiliation with the NRF that is far more damaging to Marius than had he been a common criminal.

Yes, I agree with everything you wrote.

Snekkestad's lawyer Petter Grødem says that he hasn't read the interrogations with Marius, but he has information that suggests that it is Juliane that is concerned. Both he and Juliane react strongly to that.
- How does Juliane take it? Is it a ruling technique to attack the victims of violence in the case?
Grødem says that based on how Juliane knows him, she isn't surprised by the allegations. It is not surprising for her that Marius turns the accusations around. She hasn't heard these claims from Marius before. She is now looking forward to finishing the case. She is concerned with getting the truth out, and wants to contribute and testify in a possible criminal case.
The police didn't say last night anything about when, if any, there will be a prosecution in the case. "The police are still investigating the case with high priority and enough resources to undertake various investigative steps. We don't wish to comment on which investigative steps these are", wrote police prosecutor Andreas Kruszewski.

Nettavisen's royal house expert Tove Taalesen thinks Marius is a coward.
- For the royal house's part, it's good that Marius has come forward and conducted interrogations. Hopefully it will give peace to the royal couple and the CP couple. But Marius doesn't take full responsibility, he should have been man enough for that. It is disappointing. I had hoped that he stood up for what he has done. It must be very disappointing for the women involved who don't feel heard and seen.

Have the police said exactly what the charges against him are? I know they've talked about him breaking the restraining order, but I've lost track of whether they've actually stated the specific charges.

Royal Court’s have been experts in all times to cover up things to protect their members…

But by ”members” every european royal house except the norwegian has meant everyone carrying the title of ”King, Queen, Prince, and Princess”…

Nearly all of the European monarchies define the official membership of the royal family to include members without King, Queen, Prince, or Princess titles.

The Danish Royal Family includes Count Nikolai of Monpezat and his siblings as well as untitled family members such as Carlos Morales Quintana.

The Swedish Royal Family includes the king's uncle's widow Marianne Bernadotte. Though Marianne calls herself Princess, the Royal Court only considers her a Countess.

The British Royal Family's membership roster includes untitled persons such as Peter Phillips and Samuel Chatto.

The Dutch Royal Family includes the children, children-in-law and grandchildren of Princess Irene and Princess Christina, which means that for example the untitled Bernardo Guillermo and Julia ten Cate are members.

The Belgian Royal Family comprises the descendants of Leopold III and their spouses, including for instance the untitled Alexandra and Leopoldo Moncada.

Questions fréquentes | Le 21 juillet 2013

The house laws of the grand-ducal house of Luxembourg and the princely house of Monaco also define their reigning families to include untitled members.

Last edited:
The 'we are both to blame' tactic doesn't sound like taking responsibility.

No, it doesn't.

Marius has accused Juliane Snekkestad of violence during an interrogation. Juliane's lawyer Petter Grødem says that his client rejects this completely. It is information that is difficult for her to absorb. The police can't answer whether there is a report against Juliane. Grødem is not aware of its existence. Marius' lawyer Øyvind Bratlien has suggested that the police report the matter themselves: "We expect that there is equality before the law and equality between the sexes. Then the police have no choice but to take it very seriously and open a case".
Grødem thinks it is a strange way to proceed. If they had really meant it, they had reported it. He will not speculate on what assessments Bratlien and Marius have made in this regard. Grødem doesn't know the details of Marius' accusations against Juliane, but she is clear that she hasn't subjected him to any form of abuse in close relationships.

It will be chaos
Marius denies having used violence against two ex-girlfriends. This means full treatment in the district court.

Last edited:
In this case, it has been about someone who is not born royal, not in the line of succession, not expected to do anything with or on behalf of the royal family - and yet has been officially considered a member of a reigning dynasty from 2001 and up until a couple of weeks ago….

If the Norwegian Royal Court by officially considering Marius as a member of the Royal Family tried to show a ”modern solution” in a time where divorced families becomes more and more common - it ended with a catastrophic result….

King Harald should have taken note from UK and have drawn the line clear… Tom Parker Bowles and Laura Lopes has never been considered members of the royal family and has never been treated as such…

I addressed the Tom Parker Bowles and Laura Lopes comparison (which many people have made) in another thread, so I will repost my comments here:

Charles III's stepchildren were not raised from the age of four in a royal residence, starring in royal family photoshoots and videos, having his own biography on the royal website, waving to the parade in national dress from the steps of the royal residence on National Days, being publicly embraced (literally and figuratively) by all the senior royals, walking the red carpet at royal events, being the subject of close family stories in the future queen's coming-of-age speech and interview, and having official statements issued, sometimes on the royal website, defending against media coverage of them. (Not to mention that Charles III's stepchildren have not had their foreign employer market them as a "Norwegian prince").

King Harald V's previous definition of the Royal Family simply made the formal definition correspond to the reality of daily life, the constitution, and public perceptions.

I will add here that a better UK comparison would be Princess Beatrice's stepson Wolfie Mapelli Mozzi, who unlike Tom and Laura, and like Marius, has lived with and been parented by his royal stepparent since age three. Far from "drawing the line clear", King Charles III has (rightly, in my opinion) allowed Wolfie to stay with his stepmother and father in royal apartments, be mentioned by name in the royal court's official pregnancy and birth announcements for his stepmother, and participate in public royal events together with his father and stepmother in the same manner as his royal-blooded stepcousins such as August Brooksbank and Savannah Phillips. The only difference is that unlike King Harald V, King Charles III did not make Wolfie an official member of the Royal Family – but I think he should, simply for the sake of consistency with the reality of Wolfie's family life.

Nearly all of the European monarchies define the official membership of the royal family to include members without King, Queen, Prince, or Princess titles.

The Danish Royal Family includes Count Nikolai of Monpezat and his siblings as well as untitled family members such as Carlos Morales Quintana.

The Swedish Royal Family includes the king's uncle's widow Marianne Bernadotte. Though Marianne calls herself Princess, the Royal Court only considers her a Countess.

The British Royal Family's membership roster includes untitled persons such as Peter Phillips and Samuel Chatto.

The Dutch Royal Family includes the children, children-in-law and grandchildren of Princess Irene and Princess Christina, which means that for example the untitled Bernardo Guillermo and Julia ten Cate are members.

The Belgian Royal Family comprises the descendants of Leopold III and their spouses, including for instance the untitled Alexandra and Leopoldo Moncada.

Questions fréquentes | Le 21 juillet 2013

The house laws of the grand-ducal house of Luxembourg and the princely house of Monaco also define their reigning families to include untitled members.
But ususally all those whore are included are descendants of an earlier King through a junior line, or married to a decendant which isn't the case for Marius.

Now that the interrogations have been completed, he will shortly begin full-time rehabilitation, as he had wished, writes Bratlien in an SMS.

So, after he holidays in Italy, goes to a cabin to party etc., NOW he will go to rehab. Why?

As far as waiting so long to start therapy, maybe Norway has the same problem as Germany, not enough therapists, and you simply have to wait for ages before you can start? I went through four therapists, who, after initial assessment, told me they could not take me on because of too many applicants. After two years I finally found one, who'd take me on, with therapy sessions once a month. Even my uncle, who, unlike me, has private insurance, had to wait for almost a year. Acute cases, like crime victims or mothers, who lost a child or people in acute danger of suicide do take preference and don't have to wait that long. I don't know the situation in Norway, but maybe it's similar?

best wishes Michiru

Back
Top Bottom