Jewels for sale: Worthy additions to royal collections, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a good reason she is not inheriting anything like that :whistling:

Right up there with her grandmother's wonder woman tiara or Margrethe's hiddeous daisies.

Not all of us hate Margrethe's "hiddeous daisies" (which happen to be poppies in this case), and some of us think Ingrid has the complexion and hair to wear yellow gold very nicely and would like to see it.

Not all of us hate Margrethe's "hiddeous daisies" (which happen to be poppies in this case), and some of us think Ingrid has the complexion and hair to wear yellow gold very nicely and would like to see it.

I am certain that CP Mary would look fantastic in the poppy tiara because the gold would look great against her darker hair. Plus, I am also certain that Mary would make alterations to the positioning of the poppies to make them look better when worn. :whistling:

I love that myrtle tiara! Just not really sure how would it look like on a modern sleek hairstyle, all I can imagine is it sits low across the wearer's forehead like early 20s style.

OT: Actually I quite like the gold tiaras from Norway and Denmark. I really want to see the gold bandeau on IA (as it looks so nice on young Astrid) and always think Sonja look well with her modern tiara. The Nassau just needs a wearer with dark hair and the poppies need a better arrangement.

Speaking of gold tiara I always want to see so gold tiaras (or tiaras with gold accents) with some no common tiara stones on the royal ladies:

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/nec...e-victorian-opal-diamond-tiara/id-j_18750502/

Late Victorian Opal and Diamond Tiara

It's so airy and "princess-like", maybe for Sofia of Spain or Eleonore of Belgium?

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/mor...iara-head-ornament-ormolou-onyx/id-j_9311282/

Antique Empire Tiara Head Ornament Ormolou Onyx

Kind of like a variation of fringe tiara. I can see it on someone with lighter hair (e.g. Mette-Marit) as well as someone with darker hair (e.g. Mary).

Some other jewels:

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/ear...ond-glass-demi-parure-ca-1880s/id-j_14652712/

Victorian Diamond and Glass Demi Parure, ca. 1880s
Perhaps on Camilla who looks so well in blue jewels? She could turn the earrings into clip on style and and brooch/pendent into another clasp for her pearl choker.

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/nec...ian-amethyst-necklace-earrings/id-j_11150882/

Late Victorian Amethyst Necklace and Earrings
Somehow I can imagine it on Sophie or Louise, just thinking their colouring suit amethyst.

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/nec...an-half-pearl-diamond-necklace/id-j_11186102/

Victorian Half Pearl and Diamond Necklace
For Kate who I firmly believe suit gold accent jewel better than silver/white. (And better option than the VCA Alhambra necklace for black tie occasion....)

https://www.1stdibs.com/jewelry/bro...d-austrian-brooch-tiara-parure/id-j_14395542/

Art Deco Burma Ruby Diamond Austrian Brooch-Tiara Parure
I don't why but when I saw it the first thing I thought is Albert should purchase it for Gabriella :lol: (It does remind me Grace's Bains de Mer though)

Any where in my statement say I was speaking for everyone :ermm:

Only one of us seems to be speaking for more then themself. Good on you liking yellow gold. Its old fashioned. And considering very few royal families choose it, seems the royals are not fond of it either.

Nor is it the gold that I have the biggest issue with. It looks like a cheap costume piece. Looks like the laurel head pieces put on Roman emprerors in movies.

That is MY OPINION. Don't know why you take such offense to someone posting theirs, or feel the need to speak for anyone but yourself.

Any where in my statement say I was speaking for everyone :ermm:

Only one of us seems to be speaking for more then themself. Good on you liking yellow gold. Its old fashioned. And considering very few royal families choose it, seems the royals are not fond of it either.

Nor is it the gold that I have the biggest issue with. It looks like a cheap costume piece. Looks like the laurel head pieces put on Roman emprerors in movies.

That is MY OPINION. Don't know why you take such offense to someone posting theirs, or feel the need to speak for anyone but yourself.

Perhaps I'm not sure why you take such offense to someone responding politely to YOUR OPINION, but in both cases you seem to have forgotten to phrase things like "[its] old fashioned", "the royals are not fond of it either", and "cheap costume piece" with "I think".

I don't love every piece found on this thread, but as it's not "royals wearing fashion", but "people picking jewelery", I don't feel the need to immediately call out things as hideous or outdated. Furthermore, I'm not the only one who disagreed with YOUR OPINION, but you're determined to respond to my post as if I'm the only one who did.

Last edited:
I am certain that CP Mary would look fantastic in the poppy tiara because the gold would look great against her darker hair. Plus, I am also certain that Mary would make alterations to the positioning of the poppies to make them look better when worn. :whistling:

While I don't care too much for the current arrangement, the individual elements are rather attractive, and I agree it would look good on Mary with some of her tinkering.

Perhaps I'm not sure why you take such offense to someone responding politely to YOUR OPINION, but in both cases you seem to have forgotten to phrase things like "[its] old fashioned", "the royals are not fond of it either", and "cheap costume piece" with "I think".

I don't love every piece found on this thread, but as it's not "royals wearing fashion", but "people picking jewelery", I don't feel the need to immediately call out things as hideous or outdated. Furthermore, I'm not the only one who disagreed with YOUR OPINION, but you're determined to respond to my post as if I'm the only one who did.

This is an OPINION board, where we are here to discus our OPINIONs. I fail to see any other commenter writing I think at the head of every sentence they write. Feel free to follow your own rule and put 'I think' before you make general comments for everyone else. Uphold your own standards.

I must have missed where we can only Like the jewelry.

No other people approved your choice. There is a difference.

Thats the beauty of a discussion board for fashion. People have other opinions.

This is an OPINION board, where we are here to discus our OPINIONs. I fail to see any other commenter writing I think at the head of every sentence they write. Feel free to follow your own rule and put 'I think' before you make general comments for everyone else. Uphold your own standards.

I must have missed where we can only Like the jewelry.

No other people approved your choice. There is a difference.

Thats the beauty of a discussion board for fashion. People have other opinions.

A fashion thread is devoted to an already worn choice of garment selected by the royal, not a poster. Free for all opinions are allowed. This is not a fashion thread; it's a "member picks" thread deserving of selectivity and tact.

Actually, multiple other posters "approved" my choice, unless you are spelling something wrong yet again or selectively reading posts. No other posters have approved your rude ways of making YOUR OPINION known.

And I'm frankly done with this, with you persisting in dragging the thread off-topic, and with not encouraging anyone else to post something they might find pretty here in case of encountering YOUR OPINION.

Last edited:
The Belgian does need some coloured stones jewels in their vault.

the Auction Houses present first their tiaras and other jewels to the Royals before the Auction. So we don't know the price and no bids.

King Albert II had to buy a tiara for Claire Coombs . A low key tiara.

I don't understand why King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola never bought a tiara as Wedding Present for Marie Astrid, Margaretha and Astrid.

Of the 2,I prefer the Victorian diamond and Aquamarine tiara,it would be a nice addition to the Spanish or Belgian jewel chests.

A beautiful diamond tiara,could see this on Queen Letizia or Queen Mathilde!

No need for Queen Letizia as there are several she barely uses but it could be a welcome addition for Queen Mathilde or for Crown Princess Mary

No need for Queen Letizia as there are several she barely uses but it could be a welcome addition for Queen Mathilde or for Crown Princess Mary

The tiara would be a very welcome addition to the jewel caskets of Mary and Mathilde. However, as with all things from B&S, the pricing will make it unattractive to European royal houses.

Mary will have one of the finest jewel vaults at her disposal when her husband becomes king.
The Belgian queen however has had the opposite.

Look at this interesting tiara with rubies
https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auc.../ruby-and-diamond-tiara-circa-1910s?locale=en
I'm not sure its the prettiest but there's something a little cheeky about the cherries that would be fun on a younger princess. The first one that pops into my head is Princess Isabella of Denmark

I actually think it works as a "junior" tiara. Could happily fit into the jewellery collections of Mary or Mathilde as they look to expand their collections and provide enough jewellery for their children and their respective spouses.

Would make a lovely starter tiara on Leonor ,Sofia or Eleonore of Belgium.

Perhaps even Estelle of Sweden, saving her from the "starter" tiara her mother was subjected to!

There are not many beautiful ruby tiaras but there's one!

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auc...-collection/impressive-ruby-and-diamond-tiara

Impressive ruby and diamond tiara, circa 1896

For Leonor or Ingrid Alexandra, Spain needs some coloured stones and Norway needs a ruby one.

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auc...rical-and-important-natural-pearl-and-diamond

Historical and important natural pearl and diamond tiara

If Sweden wants another new tiara they shall purchase this. I think it would look great with their big pearl drop earrings or the Vasa earrings (and Estelle deserves something better than her mother's and aunt's birthday tiara lol).

(BTW what's the point of having a model shoot but with poor styling?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom