Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her hairstyle would have to up and stainable. They will be traveling in an open carriage with wind blowing. She don’t want to look like a mess during the ride and arriving back to Windsor.

:previous:FM:
Thank you for the pictures, I could not believe how gorgeous Meghan looked, in fact she looked so elegant, glamorous, chic and sophisticated in those pictures...just took my breath away. I remember some movie stars of I think the early 40's that wore their hair this way........don't quote me on the time period for now I will search for it...Veronica Lake comes to mine when I saw those pictures, indeed a very beautiful lady........hope to see her hair something like this for the wedding.

She looks stunning. At least makeup wise, it looks more evening look though. Perhaps for the evening party :flowers: Would look fantastic with an old Hollywood/retro wedding gown for the evening party.

But yes, hoping for a softer updo like this.

If James, Viscount Severn is a page boy, could he be paired with a flower girl close to his age?

If James, Viscount Severn is a page boy, could he be paired with a flower girl close to his age?

No. They usually don't walk down in mixed pairs. You usually see the bridesmaids together, and page boys together. The page boys are usually around the same age. Like they do pairs of bridesmaids at similar ages.

James is highly unlikely unless they do 8 instead of 6 kids. Having James paired with George would look bizarre. I also don't know if he would be happy to dress up in the garb and take part.

Only way I see James is if they do 8, and they do an older boy and older girl, to wrangle the younger. Not sure James would do well at that.

Like:

Ivy and Charlotte
Benita's two daughters (or one and someone like Mia/Isla)
George and Jasper Dyer

and then say for the older ranglers:
Lara Spencer and James Wessex

But seems unlikely.

No. They usually don't walk down in mixed pairs.

They did for Andrew's wedding.
Four Boy/Girl pairs, gradually increasing in age.

William was the youngest boy and Peter Phillips the oldest.
(I forget their partners, but I thought it made a lovely procession, much nicer than just having the two pages).

Last edited:
“With less than a month to go before the ceremony in Windsor, applications for road closures are well down on 2011, when millions marked Prince William's marriage to Kate Middleton with parties and picnics.

Some councils have waived road closure fees to encourage more people to celebrate the wedding on Saturday, May 19, which clashes with the FA Cup final.

By yesterday, no one had asked Manchester City Council for closure orders, compared to the 24 granted when William married Kate on April 29, 2011.

Devon County Council has had three street party applications compared to 75 seven years ago. Newcastle City Council has only received one, compared to 31 for William's and Kate's nuptials.”

Read more: Royal wedding street parties fall flat: Lack of excitement for Harry and Meghan's big day

From Camilla Tominey. They’re not getting the numbers expected.

They did for Andrew's wedding.
Four Boy/Girl pairs, gradually increasing in age.

William was the youngest boy and Peter Phillips the oldest.
(I forget their partners, but I thought it made a lovely procession, much nicer than just having the two pages).

That's why I said usually, and not always. :flowers:

“With less than a month to go before the ceremony in Windsor, applications for road closures are well down on 2011, when millions marked Prince William's marriage to Kate Middleton with parties and picnics.

Some councils have waived road closure fees to encourage more people to celebrate the wedding on Saturday, May 19, which clashes with the FA Cup final.

By yesterday, no one had asked Manchester City Council for closure orders, compared to the 24 granted when William married Kate on April 29, 2011.

Devon County Council has had three street party applications compared to 75 seven years ago. Newcastle City Council has only received one, compared to 31 for William's and Kate's nuptials.”

Read more: Royal wedding street parties fall flat: Lack of excitement for Harry and Meghan's big day

From Camilla Tominey. They’re not getting the numbers expected.

There is a big difference that William’ s was a state wedding and it was declared a holiday .

On Harry s big day , there is no such thing plus Harry and Meghan have made their wedding as low key as possible ! For starters No wedding in London which is the key centre along with no buckingham palace appearance . Less guests , no dignataries .

All of this does translate into the excitement level believe it or not !

According to DM, Fergie is not invited to the evening reception:

Duchess of York left off guest list for Meghan and Harry's second private wedding reception | Daily Mail Online

How can she be invited to the wedding and not the evening reception, unless she's not really invited to the wedding.

She may not be invited to either but the evening reception is not for everyone invited to the ceremony. It is limited to only 200 guests.

I found the DM article ( the link only went to the comments ) that claims Sarah is invited to the church. We'll see- they've been wrong before. The DM has the number of guests at the evening reception at 250.

Last edited:
Sarah could be invited to the wedding and the lunch reception hosted by the Queen, but left off the evening activities. Of course, if Prince Philip is there then even the afternoon reception might be a bit awkward!

According to DM, Fergie is not invited to the evening reception:

Duchess of York left off guest list for Meghan and Harry's second private wedding reception | Daily Mail Online

How can she be invited to the wedding and not the evening reception, unless she's not really invited to the wedding.

Well, about 400 guests are only invited to the ceremony and lunch The Queen is hosting, but not the evening party that Charles is hosting. Quite frankly, given the Duke of Edinburgh’s feelings about her, I’m surprised she’s invited at all. It’s one thing when it Eugenie’s wedding, but this was just unnecessary and caused more trouble than it’s probably worth from a publicity standpoint. Sarah is not exactly the most discreet person. You add that to the awkward situation of where she’d be seated (with the royal family or away from her daughters with the other guests?), it’s just unnecessary issues to add to the planning. Given that she won’t be the only person Harry has had some contacts with not to be invited, I don’t see why she’d have to be invited just because Harry skied wth the York family years ago with his ex-girlfriend. And really, who wants to go to their ex-husband’s relative’s wedding?

Last edited:
Personally I doubt Sarah, Duchess of York will attend ANY part of the Wedding...

Personally I doubt Sarah, Duchess of York will attend ANY part of the Wedding...

I too would be surprised if Sarah attended any part of the wedding at all.

She may attend the wedding. If not, who cares! The woman will be front and center at Windsor for her daughter’s wedding later this year.

With all things Daily Fail, I'll wait before passing any judgement about how Sarah feels or whether she is attending the party or not.

I don't expect to see Sarah at any of the day's events.

LaRae

I just can’t wait for the festivities to kick off. These couple of months haven’t been good for me at all, so I know the wedding celebrations will bring a little cheer to me.

Well, Dman I'm sure they will, and for all of us!

I just can’t wait for the festivities to kick off. These couple of months haven’t been good for me at all, so I know the wedding celebrations will bring a little cheer to me.

Sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better soon :flowers:

11 more days to go! Soon, we will be in single digits. ?:bounce:

A little cheer is always welcome. Who knows, perhaps a certain Duchess may even end up with an RFO soon. :flowers:

A little cheer is always welcome. Who knows, perhaps a certain Duchess may even end up with an RFO soon. :flowers:

One can only hope. :flowers:

I might not be able to watch the wedding live and probably will have to record everything. My family is going through a very tough time and we might be very busy on the wedding day.

I would think that the evening party would basically be one for close friends and family that are young enough to party hardy through the night. I don't expect either Charles or Camilla to stay for those festivities past the dinner they're hosting. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Sarah in the chapel but most definitely, she will not be seated with the royal family. My guess is that she will be seated on the side with the Spencer relatives.

Hope things look up for you and yours Dman. Tough times are never easy at all and a blessing is that the family all pulls together during difficulties. Sometimes in order to see a rainbow, you have to stand a little rain.

One can only hope. :flowers:

I might not be able to watch the wedding live and probably will have to record everything. My family is going through a very tough time and we might be very busy on the wedding day.
Best wishes to you.

Well, about 400 guests are only invited to the ceremony and lunch The Queen is hosting, but not the evening party that Charles is hosting. Quite frankly, given the Duke of Edinburgh’s feelings about her, I’m surprised she’s invited at all. It’s one thing when it Eugenie’s wedding, but this was just unnecessary and caused more trouble than it’s probably worth from a publicity standpoint. Sarah is not exactly the most discreet person. You add that to the awkward situation of where she’d be seated (with the royal family or away from her daughters with the other guests?), it’s just unnecessary issues to add to the planning. Given that she won’t be the only person Harry has had some contacts with not to be invited, I don’t see why she’d have to be invited just because Harry skied wth the York family years ago with his ex-girlfriend. And really, who wants to go to their ex-husband’s relative’s wedding?
Harry might have a far more personal relationship with aunt Sarah other than 'going on a ski holiday years ago'. I'd say it completely depends on Harry's relationship with Sarah. If they know each other well because of Harry's close relationship with his cousins, it makes sense for her to be invited - good prep for the October wedding where she will have center stage as mother of the bride.

If Harry on the other hand doesn't have that kind of a relationship with her, it's totally fine if they decide not to invite her (but if the duchess of Kent is invited who only in name is married to the duke, why not also invite Sarah, duchess of York, who seems to have a far closer relationship to her former husband and his family).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom