Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Sarah will be seated next to Andrew and her Daughters if she has been invited to the wedding ceremony?

I highly doubt that IF Sarah is invited to Harry and Meghan's wedding, it has anything to do with making Eugenie's wedding easier or smoother. It shouldn't be up to Meghan and Harry to serve their wedding as a family peace maker. Sarah and Philip are both adults, they have hundreds of other days to smooth things over, they don't have to do it during Harr and Meghan's wedding.

Royal Wedding Cake

I am desperate to recreate the royal wedding cake, and have set it as a challenge to myself to work out what the recipe could be. It's supposedly a lemon elderflower cake from Violet Bakery in London, with "buttercream" and "decorated with fresh flowers" (according to the royals).

Does anyone have any theories on how the cake is made? Anyone know Claire Ptak's recipe's well? I need your help!!

I am desperate to recreate the royal wedding cake, and have set it as a challenge to myself to work out what the recipe could be. It's supposedly a lemon elderflower cake from Violet Bakery in London, with "buttercream" and "decorated with fresh flowers" (according to the royals).

Does anyone have any theories on how the cake is made? Anyone know Claire Ptak's recipe's well? I need your help!!

There is a really good recipe on People Magazine's website. Plus, the official recipe was also listed somewhere. You can find both by googling.

So, when did she last give an interview about attending Ascot with her former husband and his family? When about spending time with the Queen in recent years?

IMO,....GIVEN the chance to spout that the Queen is her friend and tidbits about H&M’s wedding and getting cash, I think would have her salvating...jmo

She will "mention" the wedding in an interview if she goes - didn't she tell Oprah that when she wasn't invited to W&C she went to a spa/spiritual retreat? She will also, IMO, "mention" Diana "she would have been so proud etc."
If she goes will she be seated with Andrew and the girls - no. She will sit away from them just as she did at the funeral of the Queen Mother in 2002. That also means really Philip can have no issue with her attending, he probably won't even have to see her and I suspect she is more scared of him and he is of her so she will avoid him where possible.
Any fuss about her not being invited to the evening reception is ludicrous, I really would wonder if even other extended members of the RF are invited so Sarah not being is hardly a snub. It will be primarily a party for H&M friends and relatives who are there own age. Charles and his siblings will attend the dinner and then a drink or two and leave IMO.

I wasn’t sure if she would be seated with Andrew and her daughters as she was sat away from them at the Queen Mother’s funeral but was seated next to them at Diana’s funeral. Both of these events took place after her divorce.

Do you think Sarah will be seated next to Andrew and her Daughters if she has been invited to the wedding ceremony?

No, she won't be seated with the Royal Family. She will take a seat among the congregation.

TV2 has asked the Danish court, none from the DRF will attend the wedding.

Presumably they haven't been invited.
However, one royal expert has commented that QMII in any circumstances was unlikely to attend anyway. Partly because Harry is some way away from the throne, and partly because of possible BRF considerations of her recently having lost her husband.
As for other DRF members attending. That would have been a possibility, but again Harry is pretty far away from the throne and there is no history of him socializing with other members of the DRF. So there are no ties of personal friendship either.

:previous: He knows Frederik and there are photos of them together either talking or watching at the Invictus Games. But I also don't think the royals all work on how far down the Succession you are. If the Wessexes threw a major party for a big anniversary I think there are more than a few European royals that would make a private trip. After all, they have been HM's go-to couple for years and are in the same age group as many of them,

However, one royal expert has commented that QMII in any circumstances was unlikely to attend anyway. Partly because Harry is some way away from the throne, and partly because of possible BRF considerations of her recently having lost her husband.
As for other DRF members attending. That would have been a possibility, but again Harry is pretty far away from the throne and there is no history of him socializing with other members of the DRF. So there are no ties of personal friendship either.

This wedding is not treated like a 'big royal wedding with lots of continental royal guests'. Harry hardly moves in that circle, so no reason to invite them - as the decision was for the wedding to be low-key for royal standards. William & Catherine had to invite all of them as he is the heir to the heir.

If place in line to the throne was the deciding factor, nobody should have attended the wedding of prince Friso and Mabel Wisse Smit as at the time of the church wedding he had just lost his place in the line of succession. Nor should the wedding of prince Laurent (8th in line to the throne; 10th a few months later) and Claire Coombs have had so many royal guests.

This wedding is not treated like a 'big royal wedding with lots of continental royal guests'. Harry hardly moves in that circle, so no reason to invite them - as the decision was for the wedding to be low-key for royal standards. William & Catherine had to invite all of them as he is the heir to the heir.

If place in line to the throne was the deciding factor, nobody should have attended the wedding of prince Friso and Mabel Wisse Smit as at the time of the church wedding he had just lost his place in the line of succession. Nor should the wedding of prince Laurent (8th in line to the throne; 10th a few months later) and Claire Coombs have had so many royal guests.

I don't think you can really compare the relationship of the continentals with each other to theirs with the British. Since the BRF have practiced more of a formal interaction and isolated approach with the mainland since the World Wars, they aren't as close to the others. Especially since many of the continental royals are god parents/children to each other or are just in very close contact, attendance at these lower ranking royal members' weddings are really due to 'intimate' relationships and friendships IMO.

Last edited:
What type of present do you think Meghan will give to the flower girls and page boys?

:previous: Yes. Even the smaller royal weddings on the continent you will find even a monarch or two at. Those families have strong bonds, and are often the godparents.

Yes we see Harry and William interact with the continental royals, but never on a private/personal level. We see them talk when at the same event, or when they are on tour. But that doesn't speak of any personal relationship. And in the UK, unless it is a state (or semi state like William's) their weddings no longer bring in such names. Yes Andrew's did in the 80s but different times.

Edward and Sophie were way down the totem when married. But the Sultan of Brunei, Felipe, and Joachim and Alexandra all attended. Because Edward, and now Sophie, have built relationships with foreign royals over the years.

I have a feeling Harry and Meghan will slowly be shifted into that position. As William and Kate take up rolls as heir when Charles is king. As well as with the commonwealth.

I don't think you can really compare the relationship of the continentals with each other to theirs with the British. Since the BRF have practiced more of a formal interaction and isolated approach with the mainland since the World Wars, they aren't as close to the others. Especially since many of the continental royals are god parents/children to each other or are just in very close contact, attendance at these lower ranking royal members' weddings are really due to 'intimate' relationships and friendships IMO.

Yes, I fully agree. That's exactly what I said when stating that Harry doesn't move in these circles, so no reason to invite them. And when I explained that his position in line to the throne doesn't have much to do with other royals not showing up; that's not the deciding factor. The relevant bit is that he will be the grandson, son, brother and uncle of a monarch, so the issue is not that he isn't senior enough. It's that he doesn't really know these people. That also applies to William but he had to invite them as the future king...

So, if Diana were still alive do you think that Eugenie would invite Harry's mother to her wedding? Perhaps so? Perhaps not? Perhaps Harry and Meghan are just being polite and sensitive to their cousin, practising their best manners.

I think there will be some European royals, interested to see though.

So, if Diana were still alive do you think that Eugenie would invite Harry's mother to her wedding? Perhaps so? Perhaps not? Perhaps Harry and Meghan are just being polite and sensitive to their cousin, practising their best manners.

Depends on if Diana had played a roll in her niece's life after the divorce or not. Sarah isn't being invited simply because she is Eugenie's mother, and Bea's. She is being invited as she has some relationship with Harry. She was Harry's Aunt. And divorce dissolves a marriage, not all relationships. Just like Lord Snowden attended family events after his divorce.

They have said out right there will be no guests that don't have a personal link to the couple. Other then the Greek royals, who do you think fits that bill??? I wouldn't be expecting anyone other then his German hunting partner and Seeiso and his wife. Definitely no one from a reigning royal house. Harry has no connection, outside official events.

I'm not sure which royals make private visits and who is particularly close to BRF.
I'm just guessing that there could be some who have close friendships with the Queen..

I'm not sure which royals make private visits and who is particularly close to BRF.
I'm just guessing that there could be some who have close friendships with the Queen..

Its not the queen's wedding. It is Harry's wedding. And it has been stated that the guests who are invited will have a personal connection to the couple.

Depends on if Eugenie and/or Sarah remained close to her. But her simply being Harry’s mother would have nothing to do with it.

Serena Williams pulled out of Rome tournament, I think she is going to the wedding.

Thank you Curryong for sharing that with us, that is so beautiful to see on their web site. That is just priceless!:flowers:

There’s no doubt something to this. QMII attended William and Catherine’s wedding but he’s second in line to the throne.

The thing is that with Harry's wedding, how close he is to the throne has no bearing on the invitations. William's was a semi-state wedding and Harry's isn't. As has been stated, no dignitaries of any kind make up the guest list but primarily its close family and friends of the couple along with people that know Harry through his charities and patronages.

I'm sure that the Queen would have been delighted to have the occasion to spend time with Queen Margrethe but Harry's wedding is not the occasion to do it. :D

The prayer for Meghan and Harry in marriage and to all who are married is beautifully worded, encouraging and inclusive. It's a lovely gesture by the Church of England.

Last edited:
I would think its very much a given that there will be myrtle in Meghan's bouquet. Its been a tradition of royal brides for quite a while now. I also expect her bouquet to be laid on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Westminster Abbey in days after the wedding. Some things you can set your clocks by. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom