General News for Charles III and Queen Camilla, Part 1: September 2022-June 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A good first choice. The French are our nearest neighbours (after Ireland of course) & an important military & economic partner. I still think the first state visit to a non realm should have been Ireland.

But still, Vive L'entente Cordiale!

Last edited:
King Charles has sent a message to the President of Nepal following the plane crash in Pokhara:

** Message **

I wonder if the King and Queen Consort plan on remaining at Sandringham until February 6 as the Queen always did? I know she chose to do so for it was the day of her father's death and her ascension, but perhaps this year they are choosing to remain to honor her.

I wonder if the King and Queen Consort plan on remaining at Sandringham until February 6 as the Queen always did? I know she chose to do so for it was the day of her father's death and her ascension, but perhaps this year they are choosing to remain to honor her.

There is that feeling of things being different but still the same..if that makes sense.

It will be interesting to see what changes if any happen further on with regards the various family get togethers, Easter will be the next one I think.

There is that feeling of things being different but still the same..if that makes sense.

It will be interesting to see what changes if any happen further on with regards the various family get togethers, Easter will be the next one I think.

That seems like a smart move to me.

Monarchy is all about tradition. TQ was Queen for so long- her ways are what people are used to. But- Charles doesn’t have to do everything exactly the same- and he hasn’t.

Radical overnight change would probably not be the best idea.

I wonder why there have no official portraits of the new King and Queen been released so far...?! The famous Dorothy Wilding portraits of Her late Majesty, made one month after King George VI has been buried in 1952, come to my mind.

:previous: Since the homes in question are now the property of the Prince of Wales, although I understand that Highgrove is leased from the PoW to King Charles, my guess is that either he showed the way for William who surely hasn't had time to know all the things he needs to do or, the BBC forgot Charles is no longer the Prince of Wales. Either way it's a wonderful idea and terrific that the royal houses in question have perfect facilities fit for purpose.

:previous: Since the homes in question are now the property of the Prince of Wales, although I understand that Highgrove is leased from the PoW to King Charles, my guess is that either he showed the way for William who surely hasn't had time to know all the things he needs to do or, the BBC forgot Charles is no longer the Prince of Wales. Either way it's a wonderful idea and terrific that the royal houses in question have perfect facilities fit for purpose.

I suspect the King has a lease on the Highgrove estate from the Duchy of Cornwall. As the Lessee, the decision to allow members of the public to spend the day at Highgrove will solely be for the King to make. There is no role for the Prince of Wales in the matter.

I suspect the King has a lease on the Highgrove estate from the Duchy of Cornwall. As the Lessee, the decision to allow members of the public to spend the day at Highgrove will solely be for the King to make. There is no role for the Prince of Wales in the matter.

And my understanding is that the Prince of Wales has no role in the management of Dumfries or the Castle of Mey.

I believe this is an initiative of the King and in keeping with his Christmas Day message acknowledging the difficulties many people had with the rise in the cost of living.

Ultimately, whether the initiative came from the King, the POW or even the Dukes of York and Sussex (joke here) it’s a wonderful initiative and something practical to help those having difficulties at present and only to be applauded.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64554857

The image of King Charles III that is to appear on new stamps from 4 April has been revealed by the Royal Mail.

The minimalist, unadorned picture, with no crown on the stamp or any other decoration, was approved personally by the King.

yes Charles has a lease on Highgrove which is owned by the Duchy of Cornwall.

The image of King Charles III that is to appear on new stamps from 4 April has been revealed by the Royal Mail.

The minimalist, unadorned picture, with no crown on the stamp or any other decoration, was approved personally by the King.

The old Stamps with Queen Elizabeth II were so iconic ,it will take a bit of getting used to!

The old Stamps with Queen Elizabeth II were so iconic ,it will take a bit of getting used to!

We may see more stamps issued after the Coronation showing Charles with a Crown on.

I don't expect there to be any change. They wouldn't release a new series of definitive stamps in April just to change them in May. There will probably be commemorative stamps for the coronation, but this will be the basic postage stamp design for probably the entire reign.

I don't think it's the big break that some of the papers are making it out to be, though. As a man, the King doesn't really have as many options for a headdress as his mother did (while the state diadem was designed for a man, I do not think even the King would wish to be that daring) and a continuation of the simple style of the Machin series means no ornamentation at all.

And on commemorative stamps, the silhouette of Elizabeth II had no real diadem at all, just (I think) the laurel wreath that was also on her head on the coins issued by independent realms in the 1950s and 1960s.

Last edited:
That's exciting news. And shows the Foreign Officer's commitment to post-Brexit European relations. How sparkly these state visits are remain to be seen but I have no doubt they'll get significant attention.

The Times is reporting there will be a State Visit to Germany immediately after the State Visit to France at the end of next month.

https://archive.is/abe5h

It has been confirmed by Katja Mast, First Parliamentary Secretary of the SPD parliamentary group that he will hold a speech in the Bundestag at the end of March when he will visit Berlin. But it is not known if that will during a State Visit. https://www.faz.net/agenturmeldunge...spricht-ende-maerz-im-bundestag-18665682.html

We may see more stamps issued after the Coronation showing Charles with a Crown on.

It' a possibility although I suspect it won't happen.

He could be shown already wearing the State Diadem if he wanted. Although we tend to asociate it with queens the diadem was originally made for George iv. So it really is unisex.;)

That's exciting news. And shows the Foreign Officer's commitment to post-Brexit European relations. How sparkly these state visits are remain to be seen but I have no doubt they'll get significant attention.

Yes I agree. The FCO want to get their money's worth now that we have a monarch who can travel. No doubt there's a long list of countries the FCO want to send The King to asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom