General News for Charles III and Queen Camilla, Part 1: September 2022-June 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like Hugh Bonneville is kept quite busy by the royals these days: first he attended the lunch (I am still not sure what this lunch was about/how the guestlist was decided - apparently it was a privat initiative) and the next day he was expected at the Carol Service.

The Bank of England has unveiled the design of the King Charles III £5, £10, £20 and £50 banknotes, which are expected to enter circulation by mid-2024.

King Charles III banknotes
We expect to issue banknotes featuring the King’s portrait by mid-2024. You will still be able to use all polymer banknotes that feature the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/king-charles-banknotes?sf173853981=1

I for one still find it strange to see King Charles III on UK Bank Notes and coins!

I for one still find it strange to see King Charles III on UK Bank Notes and coins!
It will probably take some getting used to, especially if it will be two years before they will actually enter the system and them only in small amounts.

It will be interesting to see if the King and Queen choose to spend a few weeks at Sandringham over the Christmas period.

The King has been seen at Sandringham on several occasions in recent months, suggesting he is engaged in the management of the estate. A few weeks on the estate may allow him to continue some of that work.

I hope Macron elevates that dress code for the State Banquet as it would be lovely to see the Queen Consort in a tiara in Paris.

I hope Macron elevates that dress code for the State Banquet as it would be lovely to see the Queen Consort in a tiara in Paris.

I would hope so. The French did a fine job of hosting QE2 when she last visited in 2014.

Let's hope it captures some of the shine of the times King George VI and QE2 visited with their respective spouses!

Let's hope it captures some of the shine of the times King George VI and QE2 visited with their respective spouses!

I am sure it will, adapted for the current times we live in.

I am sure it will, adapted for the current times we live in.

I agree wholeheartedly Muriel. Sometimes I read posts on this board and think the poster is stuck in the 16th Century.

The kings,Queens and Presidents cannot go on doing things as if the participants are Napoleon, Kaiser Wilhelm II and Queen Victoria. Just because things were done a certain way in the past does not mean they need to be continued in that vein perpetually.

Just my opinion of course.

Not a single chance... but a bit of decorum has to be expected (My guess is for something at Versailles. Wait and see).

Thouse who wants to see Gala a la President Giscard d’Estaing at Versallies or Fantainebleu will be dissapointed i’m afraid….

I expect a black tie dinner at the Elysee Palace. QEII would have worn a tiara anyway but QC won’t

I look forward to Buckingham Palace or the Élysée Palace releasing an official programme”

Thouse who wants to see Gala a la President Giscard d’Estaing at Versallies or Fantainebleu will be dissapointed i’m afraid….

I expect a black tie dinner at the Elysee Palace. QEII would have worn a tiara anyway but QC won’t

I suspect we will get a white ti ebanquet at the Elysee.

I thought the Visit to Germany was an Official one?

There was a State Dinner at the Grand Trianon last summer for the President of the EAU. Versailles is very much favoured by President Macron, so this option is not at all excluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom