Royals at UEFA Euro 2024 in Germany: June 14 – July 14, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats to the semifinalists. Three monarchies in the semifinal means royal appearances are guaranted for the rest of the tournaments. Whatever the outcome in the final, whether it's Spain vs England, France vs England, or Spain vs Netherlands, we'll have 17th century warfare.

My prediction is on the Eighty Years' War final, but Spain will snatch it's 4th title.

Hopefully we will see a member of the Dutch RF in attendance ,so far they've been strangely absent and if the king was busy he could have easily sent the queen or Princess of Orange in his place.

Congratulations from the Royal Family on the occasion of the qualification of England!

Congratulations from the Royal Family on the occasion of the qualification of England!
Cute message 😆. Have a care with the king’s heart please, and good luck England!

:previous:
"If I may encourage you to secure victory before the need for any last minute wonder-goals or another penalties drama, I am sure the stresses on the nation’s collective heart rate and blood pressure would be greatly alleviated!"

love that :lol:

Wonder if the D.o.Wales will attend finals, lovely that K.Felipe will attend

There will be no match for third place, so I assume we won't see anyone from the Dutch RF attending, which surprises me a bit, they always seem so enthusiastic about sports events, hope everyone is okay..

Has the Dutch king made any comment on the National Team?
They did very well in the Championships.

:previous: as far as i can find at the moment, no reaction from them.

In various articles media wonder who would attend yesterday
Dutch secretary of state for sports Vincent Karremens attended the match against Turkey last saturday, prime-minister Dick Schoof is in Washington for at a NATO conference; the royal family is on holiday.
Some articles mention if the NL would have reached the finals K.W-A would possibly attend, and King and Queen will likely attend some days of the Olympic Games in Paris.

Apparently no available royal could be found (yes, that is a cynical remark, i think the king very much sees himself as a well paid government official and does his job during working hours. There, i said it, feel free to disagree)

The Dutch royals are on holiday in Greece I think and nothing seems to stop that holiday- even covid.

I’m guessing we’ll see Felipe and William at the final, unless William doesn’t just to prove it’s not only the women's finals he doesn’t attend.

The Dutch king or a royal Representative could at least have attended the Dutch opening Game.
Every-time the Dutch National Anthem was played before the match I kept thinking if we will see the king and as it turned out -no!

King Felipe of Spain had a much longer flight but still managed to attend as many as he could.

King Willem-Alexander did not attend, but his cousin Prince Floris did.

Prince Floris at the Quarter-Final between Netherlands and Turkiye on July 6:

** Pic **
I wouldn't have recognised Prince Floris had I seen him and I thought I was a rather good royal watcher!

Nothing's been said yet about William, but I wouldn't have thought he'd have anything else on on a Sunday night. Someone needs to attend the Wimbledon men's singles final if Catherine is unable to go, but the Duchess of Gloucester will probably go.

Hopefully we will see the Prince of Wales and the King of Spain!
If the PoW doesn't come I wouldn't mind, because he was in Düsseldorf last Saturday. He did his duty, and is very busy although he probably has worries about his wife, and the children are out of school now. Maybe some other member of the BRF might come, what about a prominent politician?
King Felipe is IMO the most dutiful of royals when it comes to attendance during the matches. The shame is really on Willem who seems to not care at all. Sending a nephew who nobody really knows and nothing of that was announced, is not a clever communication. The English at least reported that two famous rock stars attended the match.

The Dutch royals are on holiday in Greece I think and nothing seems to stop that holiday- even covid.

I’m guessing we’ll see Felipe and William at the final, unless William doesn’t just to prove it’s not only the women's finals he doesn’t attend.
I do hope we see the Prince of Wales at the Finals, possibly with George & Charlotte in tow!

Looking forward to seeing King Felipe of Spain attending the finals...Just like Queen Letizia, along with Infanta Sofia flew all the way to Australia to support the women's team! Maybe he will be accompanied by the Princess of Asturias! :spainflag2:⚽ Let's Go Spain!!!

King Willem-Alexander did not attend, but his cousin Prince Floris did.

Prince Floris at the Quarter-Final between Netherlands and Turkiye on July 6:

** Pic **
Thanks, I expected his brother Pieter-Christiaan as well. Do you know whether he attended any of the matches?

If the PoW doesn't come I wouldn't mind, because he was in Düsseldorf last Saturday. He did his duty, and is very busy although he probably has worries about his wife, and the children are out of school now. Maybe some other member of the BRF might come, what about a prominent politician?
King Felipe is IMO the most dutiful of royals when it comes to attendance during the matches. The shame is really on Willem who seems to not care at all. Sending a nephew who nobody really knows and nothing of that was announced, is not a clever communication. The English at least reported that two famous rock stars attended the match.
Wiliam is also the FA president. So, if he would not attend, it would be much more concerning.

Thanks, I expected his brother Pieter-Christiaan as well. Do you know whether he attended any of the matches?
I had not searched for photos of him before you've asked me, but now I did :)

Prince Pieter-Christiaan at yesterday's semi-final match between the Netherlands and England in Dortmund:

** Pic **

I doubt that Willem-Alexander “sent” Floris or Pieter-Christiaan. They probably received tickets through contacts they know through business or friends and jumped at the chance to go.

I dont think WA is doing himself a favor by staying away and not attending one single match.
No I don't think he is and seeing as he attending a wedding in Germany during the championships.
He could have sent the queen or Princess of Orange.

Back
Top Bottom