The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 10: August 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It’s my understanding that WME is a talent agency not specifically focused on PR. They might have a PR person who handles that side of the business for them and a talent agency who goes out and looks for deals like books, tv shows and films. WME would typically coordinate with a star’s PR team (at least for their big name talent) to make sure there is a coordinated message and branding but getting a person who specifically is focused on their PR doesn’t automatically mean they’ve been cut loose from (or left) WME.
Thank you for this.

It’s my understanding that WME is a talent agency not specifically focused on PR. They might have a PR person who handles that side of the business for them and a talent agency who goes out and looks for deals like books, tv shows and films. WME would typically coordinate with a star’s PR team (at least for their big name talent) to make sure there is a coordinated message and branding but getting a person who specifically is focused on their PR doesn’t automatically mean they’ve been cut loose from (or left) WME.
Yes, that's right. In the "golden age" of Hollywood, they were known as the William Morris Agency.

If I am reading this correctly, the judge wants a settlement or court by January, but Harry cannot include his extra detail/ claims. I also read it as critical of both parties. In other words, get this sorted now,

I like this judge, he is sick and tired of this case and the taxpayers are the ones paying the court fees. I have the impression Harry won't settle the case because he wants the problem to be in court so all his complains get the attention he wants. A settlement just shuts the lid on it. That means Harry won't be able to comment about it once he accepts the money after he has dragged this case for six years now, per the links I read above.

But I think Harry is more for the attention than for the money since he has made his brand to be the persecuted prince. I mean, if he accepts the settlement money, what would he be complaining about for the next 6 years then?

Taxpayers aren’t paying for either sides court fees.

From the article linked upthread.
‘Regrettably, it appears to me that, to varying extents, both parties have crossed the line in these respects," he (the judge) added.’
‘News Group Newspapers has settled 1,300 claims and agreed settlements with a further 350 under a compensation scheme. The settlements have been agreed with no admission of wrongdoing by The Sun.’

Both parties means BOTH parties. And, in spite of that disclaimer above, over a thousand claimants and 350 others did feel unjustifiably attacked libelled etc by The Sun and others.
I do not believe that if any individual(s) (and that includes Harry) feel personally wronged by newspapers or other media, that they should just shrug it off as if it means nothing.

‘Regrettably, it appears to me that, to varying extents, both parties have crossed the line in these respects," he (the judge) added.’
‘News Group Newspapers has settled 1,300 claims and agreed settlements with a further 350 under a compensation scheme. The settlements have been agreed with no admission of wrongdoing by The Sun.’

Both parties means BOTH parties. And, in spite of that disclaimer above, over a thousand claimants and 350 others did feel unjustifiably attacked libelled etc by The Sun and others.
I do not believe that if any individual(s) (and that includes Harry) feel personally wronged by newspapers or other media, that they should just shrug it off as if it means nothing.
It obviously means something to Harry , as we know he has been critical of others who accepted a settlement, the problem is you need to be able to prove your case. The way I am reading this he is making claims with nothing to back it up. He appears to want to stand up in court and make accusations. It doesn’t work like that. He might be heavily out of pocket, even if in theory he wins.
Is this the case that Hugh Grant walked away from, due to the costs. The claimants had been told that even if they won the costs might be more than any potential payout.
It is the security case that is costing the taxpayer.

I do not think anybody expects him to shrug it off and walk away without any responsibility levelled at the media group. His goal is a public acknowledgement of how he has been wronged, just like he is saying he wants an apology from his family, it is everybody's ( in his eyes) wrong doings. I do not think he is going to achieve that, or at least not to the level he wants.
If this is the same case that he gave evidence in, it was all a bit flimsy, was he not admonished by the judge for giving opinions rather than facts.
He brought in the names of former girlfriends who are leading private lives and want nothing to do with him or the media.
From what I recall from the evidence, he was annoyed the press had the stories not that they were false.
Harry wants everybody else to apologise to him and Meghan , with absolutely no sense of his own responsibility for his behaviours.
His grasps of facts are rather poor as we have seen before, a decent barrister will make mincemeat of him.

It was Chelsy Davy who was being harassed by the media at the time, not girlfriends plural. And it was alleged harassment of he and Chelsy that spurred on Harry’s case. He certainly hasn’t ‘wronged’ the British media, they were spying on him and his private life, which was absolutely none of their business. Whether he will be able to prove it is another matter but 350 other people have received compensation for despicable news reporting.

It was Chelsy Davy who was being harassed by the media at the time, not girlfriends plural. And it was alleged harassment of he and Chelsy that spurred on Harry’s case. He certainly hasn’t ‘wronged’ the British media, they were spying on him and his private life, which was absolutely none of their business. Whether he will be able to prove it is another matter but 350 other people have received compensation for despicable news reporting.
That’s the part the judge says that it’s not allowed to continue as Harry could not provide any argument.

I never at any time said he wronged the media. If we are being pedantic I should not have put an S at the end of girlfriend, the point I was making is that he brought her name in to it.
Yes 350 people have been paid compensation , what I am taking from it is that the Newspaper is not accepting full responsibility I assume they are blaming others for their actions in providing stories to the newspaper.
Nobody is denying the medias actions in the past, you say yourself he might not be able to prove his case so maybe he should walk away with dignity. As for intrusion into others privacy... well lets not go there.

I don’t know if it’s within the rules of the board to bring attention to this article. I’ve never seen rumours of disagreements/separation in mai stream media before, that’s why I bring it.

If it’s not permitted, please delete it or let me know to delete it.

The hiking trip may well have been media speculation. There’s no evidence of it happening although there was vague talk in the media in the run-up to the birthday, of Harry and a few friends having a hiking, camping trip POST his birthday celebrations. Nothing seems to have been organised.
And Harry spoke about his contacting Meghan and the two children and talking via FaceTime while he was away in New York.

Last edited:
The hiking trip may well have been media speculation. There’s no evidence of it happening although there was vague talk in the media in the run-up to the birthday, of Harry and a few friends having a hiking, camping trip POST his birthday celebrations. Nothing seems to have been organised.
And Harry spoke about his contacting Meghan and the two children and talking via FaceTime while he was away in New York.

Any celebrations have been kept private at least for the moment. I am sure there would have been something. It might be in the next video/ docu.
There was speculation from Hallo and possibly People about plans for friends to join him for some away time. You can never be sure what are leaks and what are guesswork.
I am sure all is well, just waiting for the next big reveal. I am sure ARO was to be released in the Autumn.

I don’t know if it’s within the rules of the board to bring attention to this article. I’ve never seen rumours of disagreements/separation in mai stream media before, that’s why I bring it.

If it’s not permitted, please delete it or let me know to delete it.

Whenever I read acticles of this type (about any public person) I always wonder... do the people that write them understand what life is? Do they have one of their own, do they have people arround them to see different types of interactions or are they to busy writing whatever they believe in order to try and sell an article? Life happens and often we get to spend importand milestones in life in the absence of the people closest to us. Maybe some people prefer it that way. A birthday is in the end just one day out of 365 a year. We do not exist just on that day, we do not spend time with loved ones just on that day.

Whenever I read acticles of this type (about any public person) I always wonder... do the people that write them understand what life is? Do they have one of their own, do they have people arround them to see different types of interactions or are they to busy writing whatever they believe in order to try and sell an article? Life happens and often we get to spend importand milestones in life in the absence of the people closest to us. Maybe some people prefer it that way. A birthday is in the end just one day out of 365 a year. We do not exist just on that day, we do not spend time with loved ones just on that day.
That is so true, some of us just let it pass others want a big deal made of it , Harry himself had said it in the email to the PEOPLE that the best presents were his wife and children. He didn't need anything else.

I can't be doing with birthdays, Christmas etc, I buy my loved ones presents when I feel like it, not because I'm supposed to because of what day it is. They understand this and they appreciate it when it happens.

On topic, I'm concerned about the children too, but as I've said previously, there's probably an awful lot going on behind the scenes we know nothing about, so hopefully they are alright and enjoying a happy childhood.

Any celebrations have been kept private at least for the moment. I am sure there would have been something. It might be in the next video/ docu.
There was speculation from Hallo and possibly People about plans for friends to join him for some away time. You can never be sure what are leaks and what are guesswork.
I am sure all is well, just waiting for the next big reveal. I am sure ARO was to be released in the Autumn.
I was under the impression that ARO was to be launched this Autumn as I believe that they'd want to have products to sell before the winter holidays.

Back
Top Bottom