Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 8: July 2022 - June 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you are joking, right? A ban on turtlenecks from the same country that gave us ABBA in platform shoes and bellbottoms? [emoji38]
Yes, don't worry. It is a joke.

:previous: and now he adds pinstripes to this turtleneck, double-breasted, one color combo :ohmy::eek:

Black, brown and now grey. Well, we know Daniel wont go outside this color palate lol, maybe dark blue ?

:previous:

That's in line with the dominant Swedish male fashion trend: To be as bland as possible.
You will pay a Swedish man a great compliment by saying: "Oh, you were at so and so? I didn't notice you at all." - "Thank you very much." ?

ADDED: Don't be unreasonable, Polyesco. There is no need for Daniel to go full hippie. Dark blue is wild enough as it is. :ermm:

Last edited:
If he wanted to be as bland as possible he could lose the shoulder pads. I don't think they suit him much.

:previous: I did not realize Prince Daniel wore shoulder pads. Is he not considered to be broad-shouldered?

:previous: I did not realize Prince Daniel wore shoulder pads. Is he not considered to be broad-shouldered?

That suit is clearly tailored with exaggerated shoulders, whether it's padded or not. Shoulder pads have not been fashionable for about 30 years for either gender, but like many things, they seem to be making a comeback, although hopefully not to 80's levels.

Charles is wearing emeralds on his waistcoat. https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...7c22245b533b1bade3e5883c28d299854d5051358.jpg

I will say with some certainty those are real. (And it begs the question: where have they been, were they always his?, who did they belong to if not...?)

At least not all the monarch bling is gone. :cool:

Indeed. I may not like it personally, a matter of taste, but I really aplaud hir originality and for doing something that stands out. :cool::cool: From me.

Alexander Ogilvy attended Claridge's Christmas Tree Party
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/1245030643

What's that?!? Sneakers with a suit!?! No, no, no-no, no! Even with a casual suit, that's a no. He might just as well wear sandals, with white socks, or lilac rubber boots. He gets :shock::shock: from me.

:previous: For a whiff of color how about a bright red neckscarf?

Charles is wearing emeralds on his waistcoat. https://uploads.disquscdn.com/image...7c22245b533b1bade3e5883c28d299854d5051358.jpg

I will say with some certainty those are real. (And it begs the question: where have they been, were they always his?, who did they belong to if not...?)

At least not all the monarch bling is gone. :cool:

Indeed. I may not like it personally, a matter of taste, but I really aplaud hir originality and for doing something that stands out. :cool::cool: From me.
What a marvellous thing to see and just for s**t and giggles . . . the centre of the order around his neck also appears to be surrounded by either emerald enamel bumps or more likely, the real deal, emeralds (makes a change from all the diamond-surrounded medals and orders). Maybe the men will dig out all their jewelled shirt studs that have been jealously guarded and longingly looked at in secret all the while wishing they were able to still wear them. Go, King Charles, let's hope you start a trend.

Prince Nikolai at a Möet & Chandon champagne event in Copenhagen yesterday, December 1:

** Full view **

No, no, no, no!!

A perfect ensemble ruined by that hideous yuck he has smeared on his nails!
It's downright decadence.

I don't know what he was thinking. Eww.

Light green on a man in December, indeed. Everybody knows it should be dark green or maroon.

So :doh::doh: from me.

King Philippe and Prince Gabriel on the family’s Christmas card released today:

** Pic **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom