Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice, but you would think she would have gotten charms for the births of each of the children.

Very nice, but you would think she would have gotten charms for the births of each of the children.

She probably did. She just haven't worn it, to my knowledge.

Or she could have just kept it like it is. She can pass it down to Charlotte in the future as another C to C gift.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

On the upcoming Canadian tour, I hope she wears her polar bear brooch.

I can't imagine she won't- and it's a cute piece, it would look great on a blue day dress.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I can't imagine she won't- and it's a cute piece, it would look great on a blue day dress. Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

If we don't see it it will likely be because the gift was from the NW Territories and the Cambridges are not headed there. They will be visiting BC and YT and more rain forest type areas than polar bear habitat as well, I think?

Last edited:

I can't imagine she won't- and it's a cute piece, it would look great on a blue day dress.

I never liked it and can't think when Kate would wear it, unless for an official visit.
Why not use a design based on the Northern Lights or something? Even a plant or a tree, but a lumbering bear?
And then ornament the design with diamonds, so it is neither formal nor casual?
I suppose she could pin it to a jacket, but I was terribly disappointed in the choice of a gift and wondered what they were thinking!

I never liked it and can't think when Kate would wear it, unless for an official visit.
Why not use a design based on the Northern Lights or something? Even a plant or a tree, but a lumbering bear?
I suppose she could pin it to a jacket, but I was terribly disappointed in the choice of a gift and wondered what they were thinking!

Since when is using the Official Animal of any Territory, Province, State....or piece of Martian Crater as the Design for an Official Gift of Jewelry a problem? It was perfect IMO, as well as a beautiful design, of what most people think when they think NWT.

You not liking it is one thing, but to nitpick over the reasons you state are rather ignorant about a portion of our own Country.

You are Canadian as well IIRC, therefore the choice for the Polar Bear should be beyond crystal clear.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I remember well when Kate was given the pin. Personally, I think its beary nice and very fitting reminder to the area. She'll always have it should she return in the years to come and can fondly remember she received it on her first trip to Canada after she married.

The polar bear is the symbol of the north west territories. The northern lights or a tree are not. They chose a symbol to reflect their territory and remind Kate where it came from. It's rude to insult a culturally important symbol IMO.

Admire: there are polar bears in the Yukon as well. Alaska, and all three territories have a population of them though they are more common in the NWT. They won't be going to an area where polar bears are, they are much further north, but neither did they last time. I am not a fan of the piece but considering it was a gift from Canada it would be proper to see it on a tour here.

It may be a symbol, but I think they could have come up with something else (Mountain avens or Larch tree)- something Kate could wear often and remember fondly as a token of the trip.
It would still be symbolic, and prettier!

I have never seen any pictures of her wearing that bear pin, so I expect it mostly resides in a jewel box unless she hauls it out again for another trip to Canada.

Last edited:
It is meant as a symbolic gift not as something she should wear to the groceries store. Hope she is more appreciative of a gift than you because to moan that a bear is not fashionable enough and be snide about a very expensive gift, is not becoming to say the least. She has plenty of jewels to wear, the NWT chose to give her this, that was their choice. No one is asking you to wear it.:ermm:

Last edited:
It is meant as a symbolic gift not as something she should wear to the groceries store. Hope she is more appreciative of a gift than you because to moan that a bear is not fashionable enough and be snide about a very expensive gift, is not becoming to say the least. She has plenty of jewels to wear, the NWT chose to give her this, that was their choice. No one is asking you to wear it.:ermm:

I know I don't need to wear it.
I'm just saying that, if you give someone a gift (especially an expensive gift), why not choose something she could wear frequently? Better still, something she would want to wear frequently.

Not something you look at, say How Lovely! And then bury in the bottom of your jewel box, until such time as you have to wear it.

I know I don't need to wear it.
I'm just saying that, if you give someone a gift (especially an expensive gift), why not choose something she could wear frequently? Better still, something she would want to wear frequently.

Not something you look at, say How Lovely! And then bury in the bottom of your jewel box, until such time as you have to wear it.

Yeah, they didn't seem to take the recipients' taste into account with the gift, especially the matching diamond bear cufflinks for William. :lol: Frumpy William who always wears the same suit, tribal belt, and worn down sneakers; and doesn't wear jewelry except a practical watch. Out of all the male members of the BRF, he's probably the worst choice to receive flashy, diamond cufflinks.

Though given the sexist nature of many royal watchers, it will only be Catherine who will be criticized if she doesn't wear the brooch, no one will care about the absent cufflinks. :whistling:

Yeah, they didn't seem to take the recipients' taste into account with the gift, especially the matching diamond bear cufflinks for William. :lol: Frumpy William who always wears the same suit, tribal belt, and worn down sneakers; and doesn't wear jewelry except a practical watch. Out of all the male members of the BRF, he's probably the worst choice to receive flashy, diamond cufflinks.

Though given the sexist nature of many royal watchers, it will only be Catherine who will be criticized if she doesn't wear the brooch, no one will care about the absent cufflinks. :whistling:

The cufflinks are for black tie and I'm sure he'd wear them at a black tie dinner in Canada.

I really thought the gift was nice and want to see them worn.

Those tanzanites are gorgeous, I love their beautiful colour. Lovely to see Kate with the maple leaf brooch again, although that was kind of expected. It's the way the royal ladies do things in Canada: don a maple leaf brooch. :D

Yes, the maple leaf is very pretty.
A lovely gift, and symbolic! That is the way to do it, imo.

Last edited:
I'm sure the polar bears will pop up shortly. Love those.

Maybe not, the polar bears were from the Northwest Territory and they are visiting BC and the Yukon. Would it be the equivalent of wearing a Welsh dragon pin in Scotland?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

i do believe these are new to Kate - but they do look older/more traditional in style - wonder if these were found in HM's jewel box?

Anna has hunted an ID for these before. Possible ID as the Queen's. See more at https://www.facebook.com/Kate.Sophie.Sofia.Blogs/

So, maybe this will make them seem special? I thought they were fine for a dress with a lot of detail. They are feminine without being a distraction. Easy to pack as well. Pearls and diamonds work well together IMO.

Anna has hunted an ID for these before. Possible ID as the Queen's. See more at https://www.facebook.com/Kate.Sophie.Sofia.Blogs/

So, maybe this will make them seem special? I thought they were fine for a dress with a lot of detail. They are feminine without being a distraction. Easy to pack as well. Pearls and diamonds work well together IMO.

They are lovely. I love pearls. Very sweet of the Queen to loan them to Sophy and Kate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom