Queen Camilla Jewels 2: February 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very regfal look. I only wished she had opted

for another necklace this time. And i wonder why does not sue the King's Family Order? Or ist that not worn at the State Opening? And when yes why
Great look. That necklace is spectacular.

Last edited:
I was expecting Camilla to wear her RFO at the State opening of Parliament today.
Maybe not the best comparison but QEII also didn't wear her RFOs as well, maybe because of the robes?

In Guernsey today, the Queen appears to be wearing sapphire and diamond earrings, probably the ones she wore at QE2's funeral. I haven't seen great pictures yet.

And the earrings have stirred some debate

I wonder are they Diana's sapphire and diamond earrings?

Maybe not the best comparison but QEII also didn't wear her RFOs as well, maybe because of the robes?
We would have to look back to Queen Elizabeth (QEQM) and Queen Mary. But then they also wore the Garter Sash which Camilla doesn't.

I wonder are they Diana's sapphire and diamond earrings?
Unlikely, IMO.

Firstly, I think Camilla has not (barring the historic brooch with the Prince of Wales feathers), and is unlikely to wear jewellery personal to Diana. The reactions that might elicit are not worth it. Camilla also has access to one of the world's largest jewellery collections, so really has no need.

Secondly, the demi-parure is likely to be with the sons of Diana, and not in the royal vault. Camilla is, therefore, unlikely to have access to it even if she wanted to.

Thirdly, lovely as the design might be, they are not unique. Queen Mary did not like wearing pendant earrings, preferring studs, and may well have acquired this pair to match her sunray sapphire tiara.

Unlikely, IMO.

Firstly, I think Camilla has not (barring the historic brooch with the Prince of Wales feathers), and is unlikely to wear jewellery personal to Diana. The reactions that might elicit are not worth it. Camilla also has access to one of the world's largest jewellery collections, so really has no need.

Secondly, the demi-parure is likely to be with the sons of Diana, and not in the royal vault. Camilla is, therefore, unlikely to have access to it even if she wanted to.

Thirdly, lovely as the design might be, they are not unique. Queen Mary did not like wearing pendant earrings, preferring studs, and may well have acquired this pair to match her sunray sapphire tiara.
I was thinking it was rather unlikely to see Camilla wearing them.

At the State Opening of Parliament 2024 today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Given the relatively simple gown this might have been a good opportunity for the Queen to wear a devant-de-corsage. Perhaps Queen Victoria's Fringe brooch or Queen Mary / QE2's stomacher couuld have been pressed into service.

Back
Top Bottom