State Funeral of HM Queen Elizabeth II: 19 September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No Savannah and Islamic Phillips nor Mia Tindall. I guess Duchess of York nor Autumn Phillips nor former Countess of Snowden received an invitation?

Sarah was invited and arrived with the family

It's also the anniversary of Sarah's mother's death so she and the rest of the Yorks must be having a lot of feelings today.

I love Thou Knowest Lord.

They arrived just as King Charles' procession drove to the Hall. So all the cameras switched to cover that.

Was watching the king and Prince of Wales leaving the Palace and arriving at the Abbey.

The foreign royals are seated across from the British Royal Family. Princess Beatrix, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia were accorded the same precedence apparently as the reigning royal couples. The seating is not very clear to me. For example, I don't understand why the KIng of the Netherlands is seated ahead of the King of Norway (unless they used Princess Beatrix's date of accession? ).

Last edited:
I caught a brief glimpse of several foreign royals just now, sitting opposite the BRF on the other side of the coffin.

Yes the foreign royals have a very senior position seating wise (thankfully, not like t Philip's memorial)

I thought the person at the back looked like Sarah, interesting to see her arrive with the rest of the RF.

Was watching the king and Prince of Wales leaving the Palace and arriving at the Abbey.

Yes, that's what I said. All feeds switched to showing that instead of the arriving foreign Royals.

Poor Edward is wiping away tears and can’t find a way to do it easily while holding his sword.

Front row has Beatrix, Maxima, W-A, Silvia, Carl Gustaf, Frederik & Margarethe.

Harry & Meghan are sitting directly behind Charles & Camilla, with Beatrice & Edoardo next to them; then Louise & James; Jack & Eugenie are immediately behind William, George, Catherine, Charlotte, with Peter, Zara & Mike completing the front row.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to ask if I may have missed commends on this at another place, but isn't Princess Mary of Denmark attending?

Harry & Meghan are sitting directly behind Charles & Camilla, with Beatrice & Edoardo next to them; then Louise & James; Jack & Eugenie are immediately behind William, George, Catherine, Charlotte, with Peter, Zara & Mike completing the front row.

Sorry to ask if I may have missed commends on this at another place, but isn't Princess Mary of Denmark attending?

No. There was a mix-up with the invitation issued by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office. There's a discussion in the Pre-Funeral thread about it.

Sarah, Duchess of York is sitting behind Catherine, next to the Earl of Snowdon, Viscount Linley & Lady Margarita.

Per the BRF's IG story - "At The King's request, the wreath contains foliage of Rosemary, English Oak and Myrtle (cut from a plant grown from Myrtle in The Queen's wedding bouquet), and flowers, in shades of gold, pink and deep burgundy, with touches of white, cut from the gardens of Royal Residences."

Any reason, why King WA isnt wearing his Uniform? Carl Gustaf, Harald, Felipe wearing uniform..

Yes, the King of the Netherlands , unlike other countries , does not in general, wear a military uniform to any non-military ceremonies.

I’ve just noticed little Princess Charlotte is wearing what seems to be a small diamond horseshoe shaped brooch on her coat. That’s so lovely and an appropriate tribute to her great-grandmother’s love for horses.

It is a lovely wreath, I like that it isn't just white as many funeral wreaths are.

The Archbishop's sermon, to my taste at least, was a bit uninspiring and protocolary.

Any reason, why King WA isnt wearing his Uniform? Carl Gustaf, Harald, Felipe wearing uniform..

Philippe, Albert and Henri are in uniform too.

Last edited:
Camilla looks exhausted. The schedule of the Queen's children and their spouses the past ten days has been absolutely grueling. I'm sure they are feeling some relief that this will all be over by the time they go to bed tonight.

The Archbishop's sermon, to my taste at least, was a bit uninspiring and protocolary.

Agree. Hence why I jumped on my IG and shared the information about the wreath. The sermon lost my attention.

Very strange the King and Queen of Norway sitting in 2nd row with the dutch Royals in front of them! The dutch King and Queen came to the throne more than 20 years later than Harald and Sonja while Pcss Beatrix is not titled "Majesty" anymore and being just a Princess....?!

Camilla looks exhausted. The schedule of the Queen's children and their spouses the past ten days has been absolutely grueling. I'm sure they are feeling some relief that this will all be over by the time they go to bed tonight.

Hopefully they get a few days rest during the 7 day mourning period. They need it

Philippe, Albert and Henri are in uniform too.

He does what the family want. They obviously wanted it heavily focused on duty, service and 5he humility of that

It's nice that they let clergy from other denominations take turns reading the prayers (though the prayers about the Royal Family and the Anglican Church were naturally reserved to the Anglican clergy).

Justin Welby can be a bit hit and miss on big public occasions, although he's more interesting when there's a definite topic IMO.

Just caught a super quick glimpse of Princess Michael and Freddie Windsor singing the hymn that just finished.

It´s a pity there doesn´t seem to be any consistency in wearing orders anymore these days. Some ladys wearing orders pinned onto their suits while the Royal ladies do not...! This is a state funeral so IMO they should at least be wearing their Family Orders just like it was done in 1952.
I do hope at least the scandinavian royal familys keep the tradition for women in wearing long dresses and veils along with orders and decorations!

I really must say how beautiful the choral music is today. Like pomp & circumstance, that's something else the British really do better than any other nation on earth.

Justin Welby can be a bit hit and miss on big public occasions, although he's more interesting when there's a definite topic IMO.

Baring in mind this is the first of three services he has to speak at today, he may have the emphasis in each on something different.

The seating arrangements remain a mystery. The Emperor of Japan is seated behind the ex Crown princess of the former Yugoslavia.

Last edited:
The only rationale I can think of for having Beatrix, Maxima & W-A in the front row is that Beatrix was a Queen Regnant, like HM The Queen.

The only rationale I can think of for having Beatrix, Maxima & W-A in the front row is that Beatrix was a Queen Regnant, like HM The Queen.

I assume that's it.

With the BRF for a minute, why were the Mike Tindalls on the front row of the senior royals seating while Harry, who is after all the new King’s son, and his wife, were exiled to the second row? It’s not as if either Mike or Zara are working royals, which would explain it.

Back
Top Bottom