Death of HM Queen Elizabeth II: 8 September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
UK_zps6c589394.png

"The Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon.

The King and The Queen Consort will remain at Balmoral this evening and will return to London tomorrow."

8 September 2022

Last edited:
HM passed away this afternoon BBC reports

CNN is now announcing the Queen's death. I guess that means it's official :(

Oh no. This is so sad.

BBC announced too. What a very sad day

May she rest in peace. An era has ended with her passing on, and it is hard to believe that she won't be here anymore. My condolence to the family and all the British people who mourn the loss of their beloved Queen.

That is so very sad. May she rest in the peace.

Such a sad day. My condolences to the entire family and all of our UK/Commonwealth friends.

IMG_8705.jpg

Windsor Castle just now. I was taking the photo of the rainbow just as the flag was lowered, before the sad news was officially announced. So for a very few moments the people of Windsor knew before the rest of the nation, which somehow feels appropriate.

Last edited:
So so sad. I am glad she doesn't appear to have suffered given she was still appointing her Prime Minister only two days ago.

What a beautiful photo of her.

The end of an era.
The King and Queen Consort.. the beginning of a new one.

I hope her children and heirs were able to see her and say their goodbyes.
And I’m glad she has seen all her family member these last months during the jubilee and her summer at Balmoral.

When a couple of old age die closely after one another it’s a sign for me they couldn’t live without eachother. A true sign of love.

Last edited:
A very sad day. And the end of an era. She had a well lived life.

The picture of a rainbow at Windsor seems appropriate today.

Last edited:
When people are very present you never see this day coming. I wish them all well. And thank you Ma'am

May Her Late Majesty rest in peace and Long Live TM The King and Queen Consort.

I am saddened, but glad that Queen Elizabeth II lived a long life and at least had the opportunity to celebrate her Diamond Jubilee before she passed away.

Last edited:
They didn't say when she died, i wonder if the children were able to see her...Charles was probalby there much earlier than the other children

Lovely rainbows over Windsor and Buckingham Palace. At least she didn't suffer and was at home in Balmoral.

Long Live the King...What a strange thing to say...

RIP HM The Queen.
She was a Legend.

Long Live the King.

The end of an era.

But its a life well lived. I´m sure she was fully at peace in her last days/hours and is more than happy to meet Philip again.

Queen Elizabeth II
The royal family received the news of the passing of Her Majesty the Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom with sorrow. 08.09.2022
"Our thoughts go to His Majesty the King and the closest family on Queen Elizabeth's passing. Through a century the Queen served her duty faithfully and followed the British people through their joys and sorrows, ups and downs. Our condolences go to the British people," say His Majesty King Harald.

His Majesty King Harald has decided that the flag on the Palace in Oslo will be on half mast tomorrow Friday and on the funeral day due to the death.
https://www.kongehuset.no/nyhet.html?tid=215556&sek=26939

I am deeply saddened by her death. She was one of the most extraordinary royals of our century, a solid rock of the British monarchy and a personality honored and valued worldwide. She served her country and its people until her last day. My deepest respect for the Queen. May she rest in peace. My thoughts are with the Royal Family and the British people at this difficult time of grief. May we all find comfort in memory of the Queen, a truly royal heart stopped beating forever...very sad for all of us.

Last edited:
I hope that she has been reunited with her husband, sister, and parents, in peace and happiness.

My condolences to King Charles, and all who loved her.

Strange moments we are living, and even stranger feelings.

Strange moments because we all knew the event was coming, inevitably. Still the pain is here because HM was part of our lives, our popular culture, for generations.

Mixed feelings as well : sadness, resignation but excitation too, because let's face it, the next days will be historical.

Tonight let's reflect on HM Queen Elizabeth II, and her reign we naively thought it would last forever.

The Queen is dead , long live the King.

Last edited:
I have no words, it's going to take a long time to process she's gone. Rest in peace to Her Majesty.

This is so hard to believe. For 70 years she ruled over Great Britain and the realms, from youth to old age. A life well-lived. And so now it is ‘God Save the King’.

Sad news. May Her late Majesty the Queen rest in peace. End of an era. What an extraordinary life.

My deepest condolences to her family, friends, the UK and the Commonwealth.

What a beautiful picture of her. The end of an era.

May Her Majesty Rest In Peace . I just happen to receive today by mail this card . So touched

Back
Top Bottom