Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 20: June 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the color and fit of the suit. Very nice. She has worn these shoes several times and I do like them. Wonder if the chunky heels help with her foot condition?

I think this is a lovely suit and she looks very lovely. However, whether this is a good choice for this occasion I’m not sure.

Is it white or pale blue? It's a fantastic looking suit!

Is it white or pale blue? It's a fantastic looking suit!

Seems white to me… pale blue is not something we see on her too often.

She looks sharp, and the outfit shows the haircut to best advantage.

(I hope her feet are okay.)

Hola says “sky blue”.
…but it really looks like a cool white to me.

Queen Letizia at the 40th anniversary of the swearing in of King Felipe VI in the Spanish Army at the General Military Academy of Zaragoza today, May 4:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **
Two possible colors swatches, open another window to compare it to Queen Letizia's outfit
The color seems to me a match to Dreamy Periwinkle, which in Photoshop is what you get with the color code #E6E6FF
Periwinkle

Or, Sky Blue specifically the one on the left that is the color code EDF2B

I think Hola was just using “sky blue” in the general sense of light or pale. In English it’s probably closer to an ice blue, but more on the ice, less on the blue.
To my eyes, it looks something like this: #f4fcfc Hex Color Codes

Very pale.

Last edited:
I think Hola was just using “sky blue” in the general sense of light or pale. In English it’s probably closer to an ice blue, but more on the ice, less on the blue.
To my eyes, it looks something like this: #f4fcfc Hex Color Codes

Very pale.
That dress will be like an internet eyesight challenge where every set of eyes perceives the color in a more or less intense of blue mixed with white. She got us talking today with a selection that makes you do a double-take!

I am very uncomfortable with criticizing Letizia for what she has on her feet anymore, given that a) the woman already literally crippled herself trying to keep up with the dictates of royal style, and b) we know her "severe problems” also equal a lot of pain, to the point where she needs a chair in a receiving line like someone decades older.

If she has nice shoes on (and she still has still has plenty of those)? Great.

If she has to wear “horrible” “ugly” orthopedic shoes, or trash bags or cardboard boxes on her feet? I don’t care. I just want her to be functional and feel better.

Respectfully, I wish people would realize that Letizia’s feet are no longer a fashion issue, but a medical one, and as one would not criticize any other royal with a public issue for not being stylish enough, so should it be with her footwear. And saying “but she should have more stylish orthopedic wear”….is really petty.

She ended up like this by trying to please everyone; it seems people didn’t get the memo.

Love the jacket and pants! Great color on Letizia. While I understand she has severe problems with her feet and these are most likely extremely comfortable they are a big no.
She has broken a toe on her right foot, in the coming weeks sports shoes are her only option.

Last edited:
She has broken a toe on her right foot, in the coming weeks sports shoes are her only option.
Had no idea she broke a toe. She’s had a rough time of it

I am very uncomfortable with criticizing Letizia for what she has on her feet anymore, given that a) the woman already literally crippled herself trying to keep up with the dictates of royal style, and b) we know her "severe problems” also equal a lot of pain, to the point where she needs a chair in a receiving line like someone decades older.

If she has nice shoes on (and she still has still has plenty of those)? Great.

If she has to wear “horrible” “ugly” orthopedic shoes, or trash bags or cardboard boxes on her feet? I don’t care. I just want her to be functional and feel better.

Respectfully, I wish people would realize that Letizia’s feet are no longer a fashion issue, but a medical one, and as one would not criticize any other royal with a public issue for not being stylish enough, so should it be with her footwear. And saying “but she should have more stylish orthopedic wear”….is really petty.

She ended up like this by trying to please everyone; it seems people didn’t get the memo.
Certainly wasn’t my intention to come off as being petty. It’s a fashion thread and as such I was commenting on that and will continue to do so. I had no idea she had just broken a toe and am very sorry to hear that. With all due respect I doubt her problems were caused by trying to please others by wearing heels.

Last edited:
Certainly wasn’t my intention to come off as being petty. It’s a fashion thread and as such I was commenting on that and will continue to do so. I had no idea she had just broken a toe and am very sorry to hear that. With all due respect I doubt her problems were caused by trying to please others by wearing heels.

With all due respect, I was neither quoting your post nor calling you petty — those shoes are not orthopedic footwear, just sneakers. Someone got there before you, as you can easily see by scrolling up the thread.

Letizia tried to project a suitably royal and regal image for years by wearing the skyscraper stilettos, and I haven’t seen any other cause given for her to have hurt her feet so badly.

Not sure, either, why breaking a toe is of concern but chronic pain, a neuroma, being unable to stand and other issues are not.

I think with medical issues at hand Letizia has to be practical about it, if she decides to wear sneakers for her bread and butter events so be it. There is a whole variety of nice looking comfy sneakers, why not. There will always be a few occasions where sneakers are a no-no but I am sure there is a solution for such events too.

Nobody forced Letizia to wear killer heels in the past decades, but as a matter of fact they often make an outfit look better and she had to cover the height gap between herself and the super tall husband. This is the result but the looks will become less and less important with age as the daughters will enter the fashion stage very soon. QEII type of shoes will do for most suit/skirt outfits when sneakers look rather distracting.

Agree its a nice suit but not for a military Event.
It was a military event, but not institutional (there were no political officials or senior military officials at the event), but rather a private and familiar event for the Academy and the members of the class, for that reason the etiquette could be more relaxed.

It was a military event, but not institutional (there were no political officials or senior military officials at the event), but rather a private and familiar event for the Academy and the members of the class, for that reason the etiquette could be more relaxed.
The king and all other senior military were all in full military uniforms ,Letizia could have been mistaken for the kings assistant.

I like the jacket but not with the styling this time. The previous two looks are much better.

Back
Top Bottom