Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 7: October 2021 - November 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of dislike that gown on her, it doesn't suit her and shortens her.

I don't dislike the dress and it is well made, but I feel we have seen it a million times on various royals already, thee last 1 1/2 decades. Esp. Mette-Marit favoured this type of puffed up dress.

Don’t like the gown it has too much texture which always gives me the willies. Also, it looks more like a flamenco dancer dress, not dignified

I love the diamonds and the close up of the Stuart diamond tiara. As for the gown well its more suited to a party rather than a formal Portraiture photograph.

I rather like the dress, and I think her hair looks much better than it has lately.

:previous: Thank you Mirabel. I like it too, and I was starting to feel a little lonely.:sad:

I especially love how it looks when she is seated.

I love the diamonds and the close up of the Stuart diamond tiara. As for the gown well its more suited to a party rather than a formal Portraiture photograph.

Well said. It is great to see the diamonds out again. I am not a fan of the dress, and I agree, it is better suited to a party than for a formal portrait of HM, the Queen of the Netherlands.

Not sure what to think of it but it is spectacular for sure. I want to like it but there is a lot going on from the decolleté to the neck. The lower part is nice as is the colour, hair, make-up and jewels. The Queen and Mrs. Macron (lovely that she was there) seem to be dressed for two different events.

Last edited:
It's definitely reminiscent of the one she wore for her milestone birthday portrait (I believe?). That designer seems to have a very distinct look... which QM apparently likes, and it suits her.

Wow!! Amazing dress! The Queen looks incredible!
She is just overdressed for the event. A nice cocktail dress would've sufficed for the event.

I don't think Maxima is overdressed. Miss Van Herpen herself is wearing a gown, and so do other guests. Besides, Maxima is a Queen, God forbid she starts dressing like a clerk.

Fantastic polished appearance by the queen,I like aspects of the gown and the hairstyle is really beautiful.

Wow!! Amazing dress! The Queen looks incredible!
She is just overdressed for the event. A nice cocktail dress would've sufficed for the event.

What would have sufficed or not is up to HM Queen Maxima!!No one else.

She,in that incredible beautifull dress,highlights and pays tribute to te work by DUTCH desigener Iris van Herpen.No one can do that better then HM.
And she did,the dress is THE talk on the internet today,most have no clue as to what and where and why...But not here,,,are we,do we,not know why
she was dressed as she was?..Ofcourse we do,we read and look.

She baffled everyone present last night,Madame Macron must have felt as if she attended in her pyjama´s...But then our Maxima,is nonesuch...
Proud of her

Fantastic polished appearance by the queen,I like aspects of the gown and the hairstyle is really beautiful.

All of it,the dress,the hair,the diamonds....Perfection!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that my friends is an evening gown for the ages! It looks almost bridal. Truly spectacular.

A little confused about why she wore it to this event, given the dress code of the other ladies present?

Not my cup of tea but indeed a beautiful gown.

Now that my friends is an evening gown for the ages! It looks almost bridal. Truly spectacular.

A little confused about why she wore it to this event, given the dress code of the other ladies present?

That,that was because it was the opening of an exhibition by DUTCH designer Iris van Herpen,the Queen is wearing a Iris van Herpen design,hence.What the others do is their business,if they don´t have a clue where they are going or what to do..who cares......But Maxima always knows what she does,why,and where..!

Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom