Queen Mary's Eveningwear Part 1: January 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Mary just did a 2 day State Visit, her first as Queen....and managed to do it with a total of 4 outfits including 3 repeat dresses and 1 reworked gown. In addition, the blue shawl, tan cape and white coat are also repeats. So it can be done....huge important events without having to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe!

We stan a frugal queen!

(...but I'm hoping we see a new gala dress for the Norwegian state visit. It's your anniversary, Mary -- jazz it up a little!)

We stan a frugal queen!

(...but I'm hoping we see a new gala dress for the Norwegian state visit. It's your anniversary, Mary -- jazz it up a little!)
Maybe Frederik and Mary will run a consistently more frugal court than Daisy did.

I really like that final outfit of the state visit. Reworking/ revisiting outfits is to be applauded.
All of her eveningwear were really well thought out. And I agree; re-wearing bespoke pieces should be applauded and the norm. I do think the new generation of Royals have clothing/fashion sustainability at the forefront. We are seeing Mary, Letizia, Maxima, Mathilde etc re-wearing major fashion pieces. I think gone are the days where a State visit requires a complete new wardrobe.

The last outfit is terrific. I don’t remember that dress or coat but both are colors that suit her. The makeup is pretty heavy. I always wonder do they bring a hairdresser and makeup artist?

All of her eveningwear were really well thought out. And I agree; re-wearing bespoke pieces should be applauded and the norm. I do think the new generation of Royals have clothing/fashion sustainability at the forefront. We are seeing Mary, Letizia, Maxima, Mathilde etc re-wearing major fashion pieces. I think gone are the days where a State visit requires a complete new wardrobe.
IMO, acquiring a whole new wardrobe for a state visit or official visit and with excessive outfit changes may be actually looked down upon in this day and age. And you are already seeing the next generation doing the same in how they will wear something their mother wore and even still wear as we've seen with Leonor and Sofia, Ingrid Alexandra, Isabella and Jospehine. I like it. I think it takes more ingenuity, creativity and thought.

Queen Mary really showed you can do a state visit with rewears and reworking pieces and look amazing!

The last outfit is terrific. I don’t remember that dress or coat but both are colors that suit her. The makeup is pretty heavy. I always wonder do they bring a hairdresser and makeup artist?

This article has a photo of Mary’s new hairdresser disembarking the Royal yacht Frelinghighness.

I don’t know Danish, but it seems the young man is the new hairdresser … “nye frisor” … at least to me.

Lots of links to various Danish publications in the Danish Forum, which is where I came across it.

Back
Top Bottom