Title for Camilla

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Cameron said that he would support the idea of Queen Camilla but I haven't heard about Gordon Brown's opinion. I suppose all these politicans will want to wait and see. I also have some concerns about Prince Charles's outspoken habits which I think may always make him as a target.

Mori polls shows that the proportion of refusing the idea of "Queen Camilla" has dropped dramatically after her marriage to Prince Charles. We may just wait and see. It is probably people will accept the new king and his queen. Peole are getting used to the fact of Camilla being Charles' wife, aren't they/

And they'd just got used to the fact of Kate being William's wife too! Maybe the instability there will make people more appreciative of the stable relationship that Charles and Camilla have.

If Camilla is crowned as Queen Consort when Charles is coronated, is there going to be protesting of it to some degree? I know there are people who are absolutely dead-set against her carrying that title and if there's nothing leading up to the coronation stating how she'll be styled, I get the feeling they will be peeved.

Sister Morphine said:
If Camilla is crowned as Queen Consort when Charles is coronated, is there going to be protesting of it to some degree? I know there are people who are absolutely dead-set against her carrying that title and if there's nothing leading up to the coronation stating how she'll be styled, I get the feeling they will be peeved.

Well there hardly were protests during the wedding day, and also until now the Duchess has a quite goodnatured, welcoming and well-willing reception in every place she appears.
So I doubt there will be any protest during the Coronation ceremony.

Last edited:
There will probably be some Diana fanatics who have placards etc but they will overwhelmingly be outnumbered by the people who wish to cheer on their new King and Queen on that wonderful day. Personally I hope to be there at that day in the future.

chrissy57 said:
There will probably be some Diana fanatics who have placards etc but they will overwhelmingly be outnumbered by the people who wish to cheer on their new King and Queen on that wonderful day. Personally I hope to be there at that day in the future.

I also think that the grief over queen Elizabeth will be so heartily felt that her son will be most welcome to the throne and that together with his wife as this means the following of traditions which is helpful while mourning. And all this adultery talk - it's been so long ago already...

Sister Morphine said:
Before the wedding, 100's of Diana fans said (in the various newspaper forums) that they would be there to disrupt the wedding. There were a few (possibly 10), the only two I remember were Tatchell (furious because Charles could marry twice but he couldn't marry at all) and a vicar whose name escapes me, the others were drowned out and pushed aside by well wishers.

I have a question, If Camila become Queen Consort, when Charles passed away someday, and William inherits the throne, does Camila automatically become the Queen Mother or not? Well, considering that she's not the birth mother of the king..

I do hope that Camila will be crowned as Queen Consort.

banda_windsor said:
I have a question, If Camila become Queen Consort, when Charles passed away someday, and William inherits the throne, does Camila automatically become the Queen Mother or not? Well, considering that she's not the birth mother of the king..

I do hope that Camila will be crowned as Queen Consort.

As she isn't the mother of the new monarch she wouldn't be the Queen Mother but simply the Dowager Queen or Queen Camilla.

Jo of Palatine said:
I also think that the grief over queen Elizabeth will be so heartily felt that her son will be most welcome to the throne and that together with his wife as this means the following of traditions which is helpful while mourning. And all this adultery talk - it's been so long ago already...

By the time of the coronation however a year could have passed and with it some of the grief, certainly among the majority of the people. By then there may be calls for the legislation to deny her the title but I suspect not. She is a fine lady and I, for one, will be very happy to call her Your Majesty and have her as my Queen Consort - to me she is everything a Queen Consort should be, like the Queen Mum, Queen Mary and Queen Alexandra - a strength and support for the man who would be King.

Skydragon said:
Before the wedding, 100's of Diana fans said (in the various newspaper forums) that they would be there to disrupt the wedding. There were a few (possibly 10), the only two I remember were Tatchell (furious because Charles could marry twice but he couldn't marry at all) and a vicar whose name escapes me, the others were drowned out and pushed aside by well wishers.

How embarassing for the hecklers.:rolleyes: That is just so childish. What were they hoping to accomplish?, to stop the wedding?:eek: Camilla still became Charles' princess. Diana had moved on with her life and seemed quite happy before her tragic death. I say to heck with them all!

Long live the future King Charles and Queen Camilla!

Hey - not saying that I agree with my post. I was just playing the devils advocate and stating a view that seems to be held by some. Unfortunately, Charles is not being held accountable for the behavious, but his wife is. It's all or none I think it should be. And in any case, I think that she has probably paid her dues.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Just one correction: The ink of the divorce of Charles and Diana was dry in 1996. I don't remember the month or day but I remember that when Diana died it was said to have been about one year since she lost her HRH title.

About adultery and Queens, I doubt the Queen Mother was ever unfaithful; I doubt Queen Mary was ever unfaithful; I strongly doubt Queen Victoria ever loved any except Prince Albert, although there are rumors about that servant, John Browne? But just that: rumors. I think the past is the past. The bottom line is that now Camilla is the wife of the Prince of Wales. That alone makes her eligible to be Princess of Wales, and when he is King, she is rightly to be his Queen. End of story.

Hi :)

You are quite correct - Camilla automatically became Princess of Wales on her marriage to Charles but has declined to use the title because of the obvious comparisons that would be made, instead she made it known that she wished to use the style of Duchess of Cornwall as Charles is the Duke of Cornwall.

When and if Charles becomes King, Camilla will automatically be Queen because the present Constitution doesn't allow for anything else.

Empress said:
Hey - not saying that I agree with my post. I was just playing the devils advocate and stating a view that seems to be held by some. Unfortunately, Charles is not being held accountable for the behavious, but his wife is. It's all or none I think it should be. And in any case, I think that she has probably paid her dues.

I think the sins of the past are felt by the sinners accordingly. I strongly believe that the Prince of Wales deeply regrets marrying Diana and thus adding salt to what was already a nasty wound. I think that Diana came to the marriage with a very troubled soul and the marriage only made things worse for her, when if only she had married a nurturing man, she might have healed from the scars of her childhood. Charles and Diana were just a tragic match. She married him because she was misguided. He married her from pressure, from convenience. And disaster followed, as disaster is bound to follow from such a marriage being done for all the wrong reasons.
But I do think that the Prince is sorry for it, and he knows he made terrible mistakes, and he has suffered from it horribly.
I imagine that Camilla has many regrets too -- why did she rush into marriage with APB, etc. I am quite sure they all suffered "their share" from the situation, but take some consolation from the wonderful children who sprang from the marriages. Without a "Charles and Di", there wouldn't be a William and Harry, and likewise, without a Camilla and Andrew, there wouldn't be a Tom and Laura, and all of them are brilliant people now. Tom and Laura seem so balanced, healthy, happy, intelligent.
Now after all those years of suffering, thank the Higher Power that there is a happy match from it all. It is sad that Diana never had a chance to marry a man truly madly in love with her, just like Charles at last married his soulmate. I do hope that APB has found his soulmate.

CasiraghiTrio said:
I do hope that APB has found his soulmate.
Well he was with Ms Pitman from when he married Camilla, (allegedly)!

I think the sins of the past are felt by the sinners accordingly.
By the same token, an uncle can't mortify his soul for the sins of his nephew.

Skydragon said:

But certainly from 1985. There were photos from APB leaving Pitman´s house in the early morning.

Skydragon said:

Oh yeah, Rosemary, forgot about her completely! Well, I wouldn't be surprised then, I mean if they were "together" in the eighties, because they married so soon after the divorce from Camilla, practically before the ink was dried up! :lol: Well, they are still together then? That's about ten years now, so it is going strong, a good sign. So everyone is all happy and cozy and with the One who should have been there from the start! Only poor Diana had to get into that car........ oh you know, it's the wrong thread for unleashing all that mess.....

Whatever Camilla's future title, she seems a very agreeable lady who is trying hard, and all the while continues to be confronted by the many expectations of society, media and the general public (not that that's unexpected of course).

Her Royal Highness
:britflag:
The Princess of Wales
:walesflag:
The Duchess of Cornwall
:duchyofcornwall:
The Duchess of Rothesay
:scotflag:
The Countess of Chester
The Countess of Carrick
The Baroness Renfrew
Lady of the Isles
:royalscotland:
:englandflag:
:royalstandard:
:flowers:

Is that all of them? Quite impressive but did you miss any?

If Prince Charles is 'Prince and Great Steward of Scotland' (according to the BRF website), doesn't Camilla rate the courtesy as his wife?

She does Kerry. Camilla holds the style of the Princess of Scotland. She is also The Princess Charles Philip Arthur George.

Thanks, Avalon. I thought something was missing and went to the website.

kerry said:
If Prince Charles is 'Prince and Great Steward of Scotland' (according to the BRF website), doesn't Camilla rate the courtesy as his wife?

She is "Baroness Renfrew and Princess of Scotland" as the wife of the Baron of Renfrew, Prince and Great Steward of Scotland and Lord of the Isles. It is a style only since the titles are not held in the peerage of Scotland, but merged with the British Crown when James VI became King of England.

kerry said:
Is that all of them? Quite impressive but did you miss any?

Camilla is HRH The Duchess of Cornwall or, more formally, HRH The Princess Charles. Her full royal title and style is currently HRH The Princess Charles, The Duchess of Cornwall and The Duchess of Rothesay.

Her full legal titles are HRH The Princess Charles, The Princess of Wales, The Countess of Chester, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duchess of Rothesay, The Countess of Carrick, Baroness Renfrew and Princess of Scotland.

branchg,
Thanks. Try saying all of that in one breath! ;) I know when she uses Cornwall and Rothesay but has anyone ever heard of her being referred to as any of the other titles?

I know that this is off topic, or perhaps not, but was Diana created a princess in her own right when she married? I ask because she was/is known as Princess Diana... By the same token, if Diana was not created a princess in her own right, is Camilla then not entitled to use the same styling that Diana did, and be known as Pricess Camilla... Although I have to say that just does not sound right, and it seems a bit odd for someone of her years to be styled Princess... Duchess sounds better for someone of her age. I just think that Princess sounds very young.

I have no idea but the title of Duchess does suit Camilla better IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom