The Prince of Asturias Awards All Years Untill 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fisrt, it's obvious that Penelope Cruz don't need to copy the Princess of Astrias to be the beautyfull actress that she his.

Then, it's true that her dress it's not a "copy" in the narrow sens of the word but it was very similar of one that the Princess wore the last summer.

To end, I'm sure that Penelope Cruz can to buy for her many more somptuous dresses come from the most important designers in the world because.... she is more richest than the Princess....Understatment.

But why she was here and not the other spanish actresses who are mad ythe carreer of Almodovar?.....Because the promotion of the last film? May be it's not a a caprice of Almodovar but a wish of the productors...

Maybe it's just that Almovodar wanted Penelope to walk with him because she's his favourite actress. Maybe he invited her to thank her, to pay a tribute to her because he considers that his work wouldn't encounter the same succes without her work as an actress. He always says that without Penelope playing as an actress in them his movies wouldn't be the same and wouldn't produce the same effect. Even if they're not relatives, everybody knows how close these two are.

I don't think this is the right thread to make comparisons between the outfits of the Princess of Asturias and Penelope Cruz, so let's stay slighlty closer to the topic.

Letizia is a wonderful representative for the spanish royal family and she will make an excellant queen to follow in the footsteps of sophia.
both royal ladies look amazing especially letizia as the rose colour is perfect for her and very motherly!!

Article from hola (btw. they have changed the design of their page!!!):

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2006/10/22/principe-sariego/

(...)
The Prince receives numerous gifts
Between gaitas and groups folkloric the Prince arrived to the Public School Salvador Vega Berros, place in which he was awaited for a good group of students and where Don Felipe did not stop to play and to laugh with the small ones, confessing to them that: “Leonor already walks taken of the hand”. The heir, received numerous gifts during his visit, patucos, escarpines and a pair of madreñas, typical shoes for the regional dance, not only for Infanta Leonor, but also for his future child. After leaving the school, Prince de Asturias went to the football ground of the locality where he was present at an ample exhibition of rural sports, among them a demonstration of esfoyaza, to pelar mazorca and to clean the maize, or the short one of trunks, moment about which the heir to the crown did not think and took it twice an enormous mountain range and began to saw a wood trunk of a great dimension. After this exercise Don Felipe put point and end to his visit with a typical Asturian food accompanied by “culín” of cider.

madeleine victoria said:
I love the 3rd picture wherein Q Sofia gives Letizia a hand while walking. She must be really proud waiting for her 8th grandchild.:wub:

Or to prevent her from breaching protocol...walking on front of the Queen?? :lol:

Xandra said:
Or to prevent her from breaching protocol...walking on front of the Queen?? :lol:

If you watched video footage of this event, you'd notice that Letizia is always very conscious not to walk in front of the Queen or of Felipe. She's always stopping and letting them walk before her in order to keep protocol right;)

Xandra said:

Not precisely;) . The Queen wanted to allow that the Princes should pass ahead, and they were they those who insisted in that she was ahead.
The same thing happened with the cars, the Queen placed in the second car instead of in the first one. The Queen knows that the protagonism in this act belongs to her son, whom now his wife accompanies; she is kept in the second plane.

I think it was just a warm caring gesture towards her daughter-in-law.

lula said:
Not precisely;) . The Queen wanted to allow that the Princes should pass ahead, and they were they those who insisted in that she was ahead.
The same thing happened with the cars, the Queen placed in the second car instead of in the first one. The Queen knows that the protagonism in this act belongs to her son, whom now his wife accompanies; she is kept in the second plane.

You are totally right and I share your opinion. It's a kind manifestation of the Queen to show that the main protagonists are the Princes theirselves for an exceptional act that are this Awards.

Even Letizia and Felipe don't want accept this derogation to a strict protocol, I find that the Queen is doing a very subtil indice of the recognition of a such importance of her son and his wife in their principality. It's fair and elegant, more in front of the detractors of Letizia, it's ( for me) a good sign of her very good links that she has with the Princess.

I'm very found of Queen Sofia

Absolutely! All us who watched the ceremony on TV could see that it was the Queen who was hanging on the arm of the Princess to enter along with her, so they could walk at the same level. The Princes however ended up insisting with the Queen to step ahead of them, as demanded by protocol.

11014930redferns1023200675205pmau7.jpg
11014899redferns1023200674831pmvu1.jpg
11014900redferns1023200675118pmfz7.jpg

source: wireimage

Objectively what are the most beautiful the Letizia'shoes or the legs of the Princess of Asturias?
For me the both together, absolutly tremandous!

adelaide said:
Bravo, Roxsteve, it's the most clever comment that I never seen !:wacko:

I'm not sure about being clever or not, but it was not a comment, it was a question. There is no need for smart remarks. I have a right to ask a question...

How sweet that Paloma went to the prizes with her ex-mother-in-law. They seem to get along quite well. That's great. They both looked very elegent. :)

Redferns said:
It's nice to see Paloma and Menchu ( is Menchu a diminutive name for Mercedes??)
:flowers: No is for "Mª del Carmen" o "Carmen"

http://www.fundacionprincipedeasturias.org/esp/01/noticia874.html

BILL GATES WILL DECLARE A CONFERENCE IN OVIEDO IN GRATEFULNESS FOR THE PRIZE PRINCE OF ASTURIAS GRANTED TO HIS FOUNDATION

The act will take place on Thursday, the 9th of November, at 19:30, in the library of the Historical Building of the University.

07-Noviembre-2006
Bill Gates, cochairman of the Foundation Bill and Melinda Gates rewarded with the Prize Prince of Asturias of International Cooperation 2006, will declare next Thursday, the 9th of November, a conference in the University of Oviedo on the labor of his Foundation. The act will take place in the library of the Historical Building, from 19:30. With this visit, Bill Gates wants to show his personal gratefulness for the grant of the Prize Prince of Asturias. The access to the conference will be realized by means of personal invitation.

The Prince will represent.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/532126-post15.html

Last edited:
http://www.fundacionprincipedeasturias.org/esp/01/noticia875.html

H.R.H. THE PRINCE OF ASTURIAS WILL BE PRESENT AT THE CONFERENCE THAT BILL GATES WILL DECLARE NEXT THURSDAY IN OVIEDO

The act will take place, at 19:30, in the library of the Historical Building of the University.

07-Noviembre-2006
H.R.H the Prince of Asturias will be present at the conference that Bill Gates, cochairman of the Foundation Bill and Melinda Gates rewarded with the Prize Prince of Asturias of International Cooperation 2006, will declare next Thursday, the 9th of November, in the University of Oviedo on the labor of his Foundation. The act will take place in the library of the Historical Building, from 19:30. With this visit, Bill Gates wants to show his personal gratefulness for the grant of the Prize Prince of Asturias. The access to the conference will be realized by means of personal invitation.

Before, at 18:30, H.R.H. the Prince of Asturias will visit the exhibition " A singular look. Spanish painting of the XVIth to XIXth century ", of the collection deprived of Plácido Arango, ex-president of the Foundation Prince of Asturias, in the Museum of Fine arts of Asturias. Later, before the conference, Don Felipe will receive in hearing Bill Gates in the Rectorado of the University of Oviedo.

Back
Top Bottom