The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 9: August 2023 - July 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This in interesting because according to ITV Harry got "cut off" in July 2020 and it supposedly happening suddenly. The media started reporting that they were in California in March 2020 and living at Tyler Perry's house in May 2020. Harry also states that the cut off happened the first half of 2020 and then corrected himself and said the first quarter of 2020.

He also had the option of higher education or tutorials in areas of interest. William went to university and furthered his education with additional schooling about agriculture. With his connections, Harry could have immersed himself in any field. Polymath Rory Stewart was a tutor of his!

edit -- Sorry QC. I meant to quote another post.

Last edited:
Harry is not unemployable and he doesn't have to work a regular 9 to 5 job like most people! There's plenty of other members of royal families across the world who live privately and earn a decent living. The problem is his inability to move on from HRH Prince Henry of Wales to Harry Windsor, US citizen.

He also had the option of higher education or tutorials in areas of interest. William went to university and furthered his education with additional schooling about agriculture. With his connections, Harry could have immersed himself in any field. Polymath Rory Stewart was a tutor of his!

edit -- Sorry QC. I meant to quote another post.

I understand what you are saying but not everyone is a student or higher education material. I also think time was of the essence for them too when things did not work out for them during the transition period whether funding was pulled before or after when it was expected to end.

In my quote of Harry's from "Spare", he said "Pa was cutting me off."

He never gave details as to when financial support would stop. It's not clear from what Harry wrote.

To be fair to Prince Harry I can understand what he means by being unemployable. He was part of the working BRF which meant visiting different charities, representing the Crown abroad etc. it’s not as if he can send in his resume to a law firm or look for something in investment banking. Being a full time working royal doesn’t really transfer over to “real employment” for lack of better words.So what are your options to stay doing what you were doing even though you are miserable or start from scratch and build something that you are passionate about.

Back in the 30 plus years of office days I wore many 'hats' because of some skills I had, job related or not. One of them was fellow workers approached me to rewrite their resumes for job postings or do mock interviews with them, since at times I was part of the other side, the interview panels for job promotions.
If I had to redo Harry's resume to get him a job I would start with, what is he good at, which is talking and being charismatic. And what he brings to the table, which is name recognition. Just with those two items anyone here can say he's a good community organizer and adapt these qualities to Harry's set of skills in a resume using the magic of an AI.

In this case I used ChatGPT and asked it to write me a short resume for Harry, here are the basics:

Objective:
Dedicated and passionate community organizer committed to driving positive change through grassroots initiatives. Seeking a challenging position with a reputable non-profit organization to leverage my skills in community engagement, advocacy, and program development.

Professional Experience:

Community Organizer | [Organization Name], [Location] | [Month Year] - Present

Lead and coordinate community outreach programs to address key issues, including [mention specific issues, e.g., affordable housing, environmental sustainability].
Mobilize and empower community members through workshops, town hall meetings, and collaborative projects, fostering a sense of unity and shared purpose.
Establish strategic partnerships with local businesses, government agencies, and other non-profit organizations to enhance the impact of community initiatives.
Advocate for policy changes at the local and regional levels by organizing letter-writing campaigns, attending city council meetings, and building coalitions.

Skills:

Community organizing and mobilization
Advocacy and public speaking
Program development and implementation
Stakeholder engagement and relationship building
Strategic planning and campaign management
Data analysis for community needs assessment
Grant writing and fundraising
Event planning and coordination
Public relations and media outreach

References:
Meghan Markle
Pa Charles

So you see, Harry is not unemployable. He has a great set of skills to succeed. What holds him back is his inability to move from revisiting the past tragedies and making them a mountain he can't even move around to see the other side.

I understand what you are saying but not everyone is a student or higher education material. I also think time was of the essence for them too when things did not work out for them during the transition period whether funding was pulled before or after when it was expected to end.

I'm talking of Harry's ambitions before Meghan. Invictus was great, but a working Royal would need more interests. Support of a certain area of medicine or the arts, sport for children in impoverished areas, like that.

I'm talking of Harry's ambitions before Meghan. Invictus was great, but a working Royal would need more interests. Support of a certain area of medicine or the arts, sport for children in impoverished areas, like that.

I don't know how many in here watch in their countries the Marvel TV show Loki, that is heavily influenced by the idea of people time traveling to find subjects that caused a variant that affected another person's life and future from his/her predetermined fate. The series is heavy into physics and philosophy.

Meghan's presence in Harry's life could be described as the variant that took him from what you described above on his ambitions to what he is today, a very strange individual that doesn't seem to have his feet on solid ground.

I don't know how many in here watch in their countries the Marvel TV show Loki, that is heavily influenced by the idea of people time traveling to find subjects that caused a variant that affected another person's life and future from his/her predetermined fate. The series is heavy into physics and philosophy.

Meghan's presence in Harry's life could be described as the variant that took him from what you described above on his ambitions to what he is today, a very strange individual that doesn't seem to have his feet on solid ground.

I know nothing about Loki, unless you're speaking of the professional wrestler, but I agree with you that Meghan is/was the variant.

It does make you wonder what his life trajectory might have been if he hadn't met and married Meghan. Presumably his personal gripes would still have been present, only perhaps handled differently if he were still living in the UK and a working member of the royal family, with the public none-the-wiser to his character (ie. not jolly old jack-the-lad Harry) thanks to the careful management of his image by the firm.

Its all a moot point now, of course, the variant interposed and we have what we see today.

Last edited:
Harry is still in a potential Regent role, so he's not out of the picture. That is the reason for the tiptoeing at BP.

Harry is still in a potential Regent role, so he's not out of the picture. That is the reason for the tiptoeing at BP.

Very True but let’s hope that George is an adult before change happens. I doubt the British public would accept him. He could not be trusted as simple as that to do what is right for the people or the country.

I always wonder why stories like this come out. Sure, it makes TRH The Sussexes look better and the BRF look worse, but for what purpose? If it was an American publication I could understand, but TRH The Sussexes have little to no programs in UK, in generally they, the BRF, and even the public have moved on from the drama.

Even as a Sussex supporter, and I trust that Byline Times has done their research in the story, I feel that this story is less the work of supporters on either side and more a smaller paper trying to push itself into the big leagues.

An excellent question and interesting observation.

We should ask ourselves, who gains from the publication of this story?

The article was mostly a rehash of old news with a big zinger (the paid informant’s later connection to KP). The payment to an informant in and of itself is not illegal, as far as I know. All news sources have some bias; it is really about whether a news organization has a predictable agenda, is susceptible to influence, and what is to be gained. Facts can be presented in a context to support a particular narrative. In this case, the Byline Times uses a few new facts to spin an old story, perhaps as another poster has suggested, to hang Wooten out to dry, or perhaps, as the above poster has suggested, to market itself to a wider audience. This article is reasonable construed as a PR gain for H and M and a PR blow to the BRF, therefore the article is a potential win for H and M in an ongoing war with the media and Harry’s family. I suspect that the Byline Times loves being in the middle of that war!

An excellent question and interesting observation.

We should ask ourselves, who gains from the publication of this story?

The article was mostly a rehash of old news with a big zinger (the paid informant’s later connection to KP). The payment to an informant in and of itself is not illegal, as far as I know. All news sources have some bias; it is really about whether a news organization has a predictable agenda, is susceptible to influence, and what is to be gained. Facts can be presented in a context to support a particular narrative. In this case, the Byline Times uses a few new facts to spin an old story, perhaps as another poster has suggested, to hang Wooten out to dry, or perhaps, as the above poster has suggested, to market itself to a wider audience. This article is reasonable construed as a PR gain for H and M and a PR blow to the BRF, therefore the article is a potential win for H and M in an ongoing war with the media and Harry’s family. I suspect that the Byline Times loves being in the middle of that war!

Have a look to see who is behind this publication. it is interesting.

I think she was living more comfortably in Toronto than the life he was living as a member of the BRF. I remember reading that she bought him a couch and I was surprised looking at pictures of his closet which was pretty small and sparse. I think she knew before she married him that it wasn't going to be a life of sitting around being waited on.
In one of the books, she complained that there was no one to cook meals and she was very surprised by the size of the cottage they were living in so

To your last point, I didn’t say anything about anyone asking them to leave so that’s moot.

And no, I don’t believe at the time that Harry had enough money just in the bank to put down money on a house AND fund their security at the drop of a hat. Tyler most definitely had more and more access to those funds. And yes, Meghan was a woman with money but not enough to fund THAT security bill. You talk as if they just had cash laying around the house or could put everything on credit with a wave of hand. I bet half of Harry’s money is wrapped up in assets . You CAN be someone who has money in assets but be CASH poor. That sums up half of the British Nobility who have ‘money’ in the sense that they own this land and castles but have to rent it out to make ends meet.

So no, I don’t think the 4th or 5th in line at the time who probably never did his own taxes until he left, just had the money to whip to everything together and much less his wife who worked for her own money just has a few mill to toss around.

And seeing as I didnt and don’t see the UK has a safe place physically or mentally at the time for them, I understood why they were in a rush to leave. With the way that institution, media and family members work -in my eyes- no, it was no safer long term.

And it doesn’t matter what you think they did or didn’t do or how they did it. What is a fact is that when THEY needed help, Tyler Perry was willing to help and that I’m and at least one other is thankful that he would be willing to help them.

Them needing help, however little you want to make it seem. Is a fact,

Tyler Perry helping them, is a fact.

And I’m thankful.
“Don’t see the U.K has a safe space physically or mentally at the time for them”…. Firstly in the U.K, they had security that they didn’t have to pay for. Secondly, before leaving the U.K, they had access to a home or homes that they didn’t have to pay for or for a mortgage on or rent or lease. No one in the U.K could or attempted physically attack any of them. When Meghan’s sister, Samantha attempted to come to Kensington Palace, she was stopped from entering. They were given options of properties to choose once they had their first child, but they were worried about perception, however William and Kate went through the same thing with regards to property refurbishment in the Kensington Palace apartments.

As far being in the U.S.A, since they’ve been there, they’ve had a “car chase in NYC”, there was an attempted break in at their California mansion, and with the U.S.A’s issues with gun crime I’m not sure. Plus the fact that they were trying dodge paparazzi by taking a taxi and their security personnel weren’t so effective in effectively dealing with it either that or they were given advice but didn’t calmly handle the situation.

What are you referring to by with the way the institution and the family operate? What’s wrong with the way they operate?

Last edited:
Back in the 30 plus years of office days I wore many 'hats' because of some skills I had, job related or not. One of them was fellow workers approached me to rewrite their resumes for job postings or do mock interviews with them, since at times I was part of the other side, the interview panels for job promotions.

If I had to redo Harry's resume to get him a job I would start with, what is he good at, which is talking and being charismatic. And what he brings to the table, which is name recognition. Just with those two items anyone here can say he's a good community organizer and adapt these qualities to Harry's set of skills in a resume using the magic of an AI.

In this case I used ChatGPT and asked it to write me a short resume for Harry, here are the basics:

Objective:

Dedicated and passionate community organizer committed to driving positive change through grassroots initiatives. Seeking a challenging position with a reputable non-profit organization to leverage my skills in community engagement, advocacy, and program development.

Professional Experience:

Lead and coordinate community outreach programs to address key issues, including [mention specific issues, e.g., affordable housing, environmental sustainability].

Mobilize and empower community members through workshops, town hall meetings, and collaborative projects, fostering a sense of unity and shared purpose.

Establish strategic partnerships with local businesses, government agencies, and other non-profit organizations to enhance the impact of community initiatives.

Advocate for policy changes at the local and regional levels by organizing letter-writing campaigns, attending city council meetings, and building coalitions.

Skills:

References:

Meghan Markle

Pa Charles

So you see, Harry is not unemployable. He has a great set of skills to succeed. What holds him back is his inability to move from revisiting the past tragedies and making them a mountain he can't even move around to see the other side.

A very interesting analyses. I agree he could be good at this on some level, but not all. Valentine Low writes that Harry was very hands-on when the Games were being developed, but I doubt he did the actual planning and organising. That is not what the Royals do, they have their team for that. But that is what you also list here as a skill. He would be good at such a position if there was a team to delegate the practical aspects to and free him to brainstorm and keep an eye open for the overall picture.

Objective:

Professional Experience:

Skills:

References:
Meghan Markle
Pa Charles

Harry retired as a Captain in the Army. While in the Army, he qualified as a Forward Air Controller and later as a Helicopter Weapons Officer. My understanding (I may be wrong) is that he never managed to qualify as a fully certified pilot like his brother or his uncle Andrew (who were instead in the Air Force and the Navy respectively). I suppose he acquired other skills in the Army too. For example, he did some Special Forces training with the Australian Defence Force (note: Australian spelling). Overall, his military career was rather short, but the skills and training he got from the Army are valued and marketable in the United States in case he wants to apply for a "normal" job.

Harry's main disadavantage, of course, is that, unlike William, or his cousins (Beatrice, Eugenie, Peter, and Zara), he doesn't have a university degree. He would have been better off if he had attended university prior to joining the military as over 80 % of the officer cadets in the UK now do, but, unlike in the US and in Canada, it is still possible to commission as an officer in the UK without a bachelor's degree after successfully completing a commission course at one of the military service academies/colleges and Harry did not have the grades and minimum qualifications to be accepted by a university in the UK (even if the lower standards that were applied to his father and brother were used). Of course, for some occupations like e.g. medical doctors, nurses, chaplains, lawyers, and electrical or mechanical engineers, a degree is required a priori.

UK officers who commission without a degree (as I said, a minority nowadays) may also have the opportunity to complete a degree later while already in service, but I guess Harry wasn't interested in that either.

In any case, none of that really matters to Harry as his greatest marketable asset is the family he was born into and the title he holds, and celebrity is relatively easy to monetize in the US.

Last edited:

Very True but let’s hope that George is an adult before change happens. I doubt the British public would accept him. He could not be trusted as simple as that to do what is right for the people or the country.

I agree, I cannot see the British public accepting Harry ever in the role of a Regent or Monarch. That boat has sailed, irrespective of the situation.

Harry WAS a fully qualified helicopter pilot. Exactly like Andrew and William.

Did Prince Harry fly Apache helicopters?

In December 2008, Prince Harry passed his Army Air Corps "Grading" and Pilot’s Selection Board interview to begin training to become an Army Air Corps Pilot in January 2009.

During his time in the Army Air Corps he was assigned to 662 Squadron, 3 Regiment within 16 Air Assault Brigade.

Harry later qualified as an Apache helicopter commander in 2013 after three years of training.

Advertisement
While on a five-month tour in Afghanistan, he served as a co-pilot gunner - sharing flying duties and taking control of the weapons of the two-man Apache.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/67408...he-helicopters-prince-william-sea-king-pilot/

I understand the bit about being unemployable (not sure I agree with it), but for us mere mortals, who need money month on month, we do not quit our jobs until we have another one in hand. He should’ve thought it through before quitting royal duties.
He’s made his bed and now must lie in it

Congratulations to Harry as he has always championed the parks. Has a new president been appointed yet?

Not that I saw, I'll look for that information and if I find it, I'll find a way to let you know!

Congratulations to Harry as he has always championed the parks. Has a new president been appointed yet?

“Don’t see the U.K has a safe space physically or mentally at the time for them”…. Firstly in the U.K, they had security that they didn’t have to pay for. Secondly, before leaving the U.K, they had access to a home or homes that they didn’t have to pay for or for a mortgage on or rent or lease. No one in the U.K could or attempted physically attack any of them. When Meghan’s sister, Samantha attempted to come to Kensington Palace, she was stopped from entering. They were given options of properties to choose once they had their first child, but they were worried about perception, however William and Kate went through the same thing with regards to property refurbishment in the Kensington Palace apartments.

As far being in the U.S.A, since they’ve been there, they’ve had a “car chase in NYC”, there was an attempted break in at their California mansion, and with the U.S.A’s issues with gun crime I’m not sure. Plus the fact that they were trying dodge paparazzi by taking a taxi and their security personnel weren’t so effective in effectively dealing with it either that or they were given advice but didn’t calmly handle the situation.

What are you referring to by with the way the institution and the family operate? What’s wrong with the way they operate?

Overall, we'll have to agree to disagree. They still had drones flying over them in the UK for the Cotswold home I believe. I also believe that's the reason why ended up not staying at that home / moved in, I have double check.

But given some of the things in the UK. I can understand why didn't feel safe. I see it the same way but overall, we'll have to disagree here.

For your last point, would you mind a private message. I don't really mind explaining what I mean but it's also not a topic I want to get stuck on in this thread and have a bunch of replies to and etc.

Overall, we'll have to agree to disagree. They still had drones flying over them in the UK for the Cotswold home I believe. I also believe that's the reason why ended up not staying at that home / moved in, I have double check.

But given some of the things in the UK. I can understand why didn't feel safe. I see it the same way but overall, we'll have to disagree here.

For your last point, would you mind a private message. I don't really mind explaining what I mean but it's also not a topic I want to get stuck on in this thread and have a bunch of replies to and etc.

Nobody is saying the UK is perfect but if they had taken their time and sorted something out and thought through a plan that did not involve Charles subsidising them they probably would have been fine. Charles provided transition money, but they obviously expected more. Basically they wanted the perks and kudos of being connected to the RF but not the work. Blanket statements like things that go on in the UK isn’t exactly helpful.

Last edited:
In one of the books, she complained that there was no one to cook meals and she was very surprised by the size of the cottage they were living in so

Was this in Spare or one of the other books by one of the royal reporters?

Nobody is saying the UK is perfect but if they had taken their time and sorted something out and thought through a plan that did not involve Charles subsidising them they probably have been fine. Charles V provided transition money, but they obviously expected more. Basically they wanted the perks and kudos of being connected to the RF but not the work. Blanket statements like things that go on in the UK isn’t exactly helpful.

I know others won’t agree but I think they were willing to do the work but I believe there was so much negative press going on around them that it was too much to handle[…]

Last edited by a moderator:
I know others won’t agree but I think they were willing to do the work but I believe there was so much negative press going on around them that it was too much to handle. […]

It’s always like that with a new married in, the higher on the LoS position the worse the storm in the press. Had they taken their time, it would have allowed her to be prepared.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry WAS a fully qualified helicopter pilot. Exactly like Andrew and William.

Did Prince Harry fly Apache helicopters?

In December 2008, Prince Harry passed his Army Air Corps "Grading" and Pilot’s Selection Board interview to begin training to become an Army Air Corps Pilot in January 2009.

During his time in the Army Air Corps he was assigned to 662 Squadron, 3 Regiment within 16 Air Assault Brigade.

Harry later qualified as an Apache helicopter commander in 2013 after three years of training.

Advertisement
While on a five-month tour in Afghanistan, he served as a co-pilot gunner - sharing flying duties and taking control of the weapons of the two-man Apache.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/67408...he-helicopters-prince-william-sea-king-pilot/

Thanks, Curryong. Apparently he was not qualified yet to fly the Apache as a pilot when he was in Afghanistan, but, you are right, he appears to have earned a full qualification to take control of the helicopter on his own when he became a helicopter commander in 2013 after returning from Afghanistan.

It’s always like that with a new married in, the higher on the LoS position the worse the storm in the press. Had they taken their time, it would have allowed her to be prepared.

I agree that I don’t think she was prepared for a lot of the backlash. Sometimes you think you will be able to handle things and then realize you can’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom