The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 8: April - August 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zara Tindall does this.

If he has a deal, it wouldn't had been to go to his dad's coronation and here is a load of cash to do it. If he has a deal, it's a deal where he wears Dior to public events. It would not had been a cash deal specific to the coronation. No ill intention.
Zara has a career and makes money from endorsements and everyone who knows her knows she makes money from endorsements and most importantly she isn’t royal or trying to profit off of her connections to get deals, she’s a talented equestrian and many qualified athletes make money via endorsements in addition to in income.

I know what you are saying but in the UK the Coronation received more attention that the MET. To be honest I am not even sure what the MET is, other than a few lines in the newspaper about women wearing some IMO ugly clothing showing off their bare skin.

Why did he not go to the MET?

Lets be honest , countries differ even within countries there are differences.

I am quite sure events in the USA receive bigger coverage and cause more conversation than events in the UK and vice vera.

I barely know what the MET is LOL. Likewise, most Americans barely know what the coronation is.

I'm not sure the Sussexes are trying to engage a UK audience. I'd imagine they didn't go to the MET because their Dior deal isn't to promote the house of Dior on some promotional tour. It's simple -- Dior will make his clothes for public events which is convenient for them and helpful to Dior.

I don't see an issue with Harry buying a new suit for his father's coronation or having the designer named. The BRF do it all the time for weddings, Ascot, Trooping the Colour etc.
I don’t think the issue is the brand of suit or that he bought a new one but that he has been profiting off of his “ex-status” to get brand deals/endorsements.

Zara has a career and makes money from endorsements and everyone who knows her knows she makes money from endorsements and most importantly she isn’t royal or trying to profit off of her connections to get deals, she’s a talented equestrian and many qualified athletes make money via endorsements in addition to in income.

Every time you all point out Zara's career as a hit on Harry's career, a Tik Tok influencer grows wings LOL. Careers are made different ways and look different.

I don’t think the issue is the brand of suit or that he bought a new one but that he has been profiting off of his “ex-status” to get brand deals/endorsements.

He could get this deal without a title and the works. No matter what that is Harry that so much of the world grew up with. Diana's son. He is profiting off of who he is -- is that a problem? He is a man who's father was coronated. He went to his father's coronation. Wearing a suit from a house he has a deal with to make his public outfits.

I'd imagine it went down like:

- Harry decides to go to coronation
- Harry asks Meghan what he should wear and remembers he has that deal with Dior so they can just make his suit. Easy and problem solved.
- Dior announces they dressed him like so many other designers did yesterday for other royals.

Last edited:
Harry knows nothing about fashion and has admitted as much. Even if he knew one, is there a British designer who would have wanted to dress him, given his current notoriety?

[....]

I am sure there are plenty of tailors in the UK happy to create a perfect-fit costume for HRH The Duke of Sussex.

It is kind of strange to see designers themselves intagramming about their clients' choices. Where is the privacy? I can not imagine that the Belgian, Danish, Dutch, Swedish Court would allow Fabienne Delvigne, Tom Ford or Claes Iversen to boast about prominent clients and offer deals. I have understood at all these Courts simply a bill is paid, to avoid any undesirable side-effects of "deals". I am amazed that Carolina Herrera boasts about her royal client. I would not have allowed it.

Last edited:
Im betting this is it for Harry and official Family- Royal Events in The UK. He will be back for Invictus Events or his legal battles and Trial appearances, but that's it. Maybe visiting there in a "private" capacity The Yorks, but thats it.

He's out. The Sussex's well planned out and executed "choice".

Could have left, as they did in 2020 AND still maintained *some* type of relationship with Charles and William, EVEN if very strained. Even after Oprah, but no.....the money to be made by the Netflix series and Spare Book was the goal and to elevate The Sussex's Brand as competitive Royals, US based.

That they have now upped the ante in by wanting their American children to be (ridiculously and hypocritically ) referred to as Prince and Princess.
Which, I as an American sadly think for the innocent kids is a lot of unnecessary baggage.

How in 10 years time this all shakes out will be interesting. I'm supposing it will still be The Sussex's attempting to compete with The Wales. Which is how the whole mess started. Couldn't reconcile a second place, EVER.
Agree 100%!

Many royals make these deals for clothing for events like this. Princess Eugenie isnt so rich to afford a complete bespoke Fendi look + Garrard Albermarle Diamond High Jewelry. They get deals, discounts, loans, things the ordinary person couldn’t do.

Harry is doing the same just to a different degree. Nothing shameful about it.
Any prominent upper class or wealthy person can be loaned expensive jewels. The BRF at one early stage were loaned out jewels for a coronation many years ago by jewellers but loans or freebies for clothes is another matter. Plus Eugenie has a real job and her husband is quite well off so I can assume Jack paid for it. Which royals have deals with brands? I highly doubt that any royal is doing it at a discount or for payments in exchange of promotion because there would be backlash for that.

Every time you all point out Zara's career as a hit on Harry's career, a Tik Tok influencer grows wings LOL. Careers are made different ways and look different.
Not really, Zara has no title and never had one and anyone who’s heard of her knows her to be an athlete and athlete of a certain degree of fame get endorsements. I’m sorry but career does he have?

This thread isn’t about Zara, Eugenie or any of the other royals. Nor is it about the Met Gala. Please stick to the topic.

Also, everyone has made their point about the Dior suit. Please move on.

Media Lawyer discusses Harry's upcoming court case beginning in June, 2023.
Says Harry can afford (financially) to do this, and afford to lose.

Jennie Bond says it is unprecedented; and allegedly Harry is determined to take the stand, if necessary, in court.

I can’t help but wonder if the end game here isn’t getting on the stand for Harry’s chance to tell how hard done by he was by the Institution. Certainly everyone here will want to see Harry and all other victims compensated justly for instances of illegal tactics used against them but he is- wait for it if you didn’t read through the article above- not even pursuing a claim as to the one story where there is solid proof such illegal tactics were at hand.

On the other hand, he is pursuing nearly 150 claims where the defense is, for at least some goodly portion, that the source of the stories was the Royal Household. *If this defense turns out to be true* Harry has to see this as a huge win for the scorched earth strategy he has been boldly pursuing: pointing out under oath how everyone was out to get him after all.

Frankly, that is more valuable to his image as he is building it than winning a phone hacking case.

A live feed of the phone hacking trial of P. Harry against the Mirror:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/l...apers-phone-hacking-trial-latest-news-updates

The liveblog's encapsulation could use some improvement. As it is currently written, a casual reader who does not pay close attention to qualifiers such as "the court was told" might easily leave with the impression that the listed claims had been shown to be true, when in reality the Guardian liveblog is simply reporting the allegations presented by one side.

They were apparently not alone at the restuarant. According to Page Six:

We’re told they dined with Gwyneth Paltrow and her husband, TV producer, Brad Falchuk. The foursome was also accompanied by Cameron Diaz and her husband, Benji Madden, as well as the CEO and founder of Bumble, Whitney Wolf Herd, and her husband, Texas oil heir Michael Herd.

In 2021, Wolfe Herd became the world’s youngest self-made female billionaire after taking Bumble public. Forbes estimated her net worth at approximately $1.5 billion.

You can see Cameron Diaz and her husband Benji in the pictures as well.

https://pagesix.com/2023/05/14/prince-harry-meghan-markle-seen-for-1st-time-since-coronation/

Well that was predictable, but I hope they had a nice time.

What was predictable? That the couple were out and about probably discussing new projects with TV producers and others affiliated with the WMA? It’s not as if either Harry or Meghan are out constantly attending red carpet events. They spend the majority of their time at home with their kids, seeing other friends etc.

What was predictable? That the couple were out and about probably discussing new projects with TV producers and others affiliated with the WMA? It’s not as if either Harry or Meghan are out constantly attending red carpet events. They spend the majority of their time at home with their kids, seeing other friends etc.

Agreed. I suspected Meghan kept a very low profile during the months, planning etc. Now that the coronation is over, I suspect we will be seeing more of them.

Just happen to be often/always papped by Backgrid to coincide with UK royal appearances.

Last edited:
While all the celebrities with them were oblivious to any paps? And there is eight hours time difference between LA and London so any daytime royal engagements would likely be over by the time the Sussexes were out to dinner.

Just happen to be often/always papped by Backgrid to coincide with UK royal appearances.

I think most of us recognise the timing and trigger points for the appearance of paparazzi shots.

They were photographed leaving the restaurant at about 7pm PDT, which would be 3am in the UK. Were there Royal engagements going on at that hour? And certainly the doorman, valet, or waitstaff would very likely have been the ones alerting the paps to the presence of Paltrow and anyone else.

Unfortunate coincidence or a planned one, it matters very little. For a lot of people, the optics are that this was a response to the videos and photographs released over the weekend by the RF.

If they had wanted to complete with that, they should have done something bigger and more elaborate. [emoji38]
An anouncement for a new podcast of something of the sort, not a few pictures of them going in and out of a restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom