The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 8: April - August 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wasn't following all the details but those he really have *five* civil cases going right now?
wow :ohmy:

Yep. Seven in total since 2019. Presumably by "Global Action" (as per their website) he means jetting half way around the world to appear in court. :whistling:

Last edited:
So Harry wants it to be that anyone rich enough can pay for any public service they want in the UK? the richer you are the better service you get? Millionaires get first priority when calling an ambulance, billionaires get police outriders to take them anywhere because they pay the local force a fee each month?

It may hurt his ego but the truth is, the police (in coordination with the Intelligence Services) have deemed Harry to not need full time armed police protection - the same as all other members of the Royal Family bar the King, Queen and Prince and Princess of Wales. If the police don't deem it necessary you can't just pay to have it. If you applied that fairly where would it stop? Every Russian oligarch and Arab sheik would be living in the UK demanding armed police protection because they are willing to pay and that means they get it.

It is really just a step to far and I don't get why Harry is so eager to keep generating headlines about his security and what is or isn't in place for him. That puts him and his family at greater risk through his own action.

It is really just a step to far and I don't get why Harry is so eager to keep generating headlines about his security and what is or isn't in place for him. That puts him and his family at greater risk through his own action.

Because that would prove they really all are in as much danger as Harry believes and entitle them all to Ravec security again, sadly.

I sincerely hope this is not what he is actually trying to accomplish.

Do we think Prince Harry will turn up for trooping the colour in a few weeks?

Do we think Prince Harry will turn up for trooping the colour in a few weeks?

I tend to believe that he won't be present at the Trooping the Color this year but then again... :pigsfly:

I have to actually laugh at the thought of Harry positioning himself as a voice of credibility on mental health issues. Especially with impressionable Youth.
It strains credulity. Actually promoting controversial drug use as therapy, detailing his still over dependence on booze and weed. I see zero evidence of insight or knowledge, let alone accepting personal responsibilty or reflecting on emotional growth.

And now Harry is being invited to be a trustworthy champion of Mental health issues and challenges with vulnerable teens, is just laughable to me. When he, inspite of years of being involved in "Heads Together" mental health Initiative with William and Kate, claimed he had NO IDEA how to help his supposedly suicidal wife.

Meghan, just took the easy way out, and absurdly blamed The Palace "HR Dept" for not helping her. When they couldn't. And She knew it.

His Book screams OUT LOUD how immature, vengeful and unbalanced he still is. But, to the Organization that invited him, AHA Santa Barbara, it didn't matter. Their Titles are their ticket in. Nothing else.

I'm guessing next months Trial appearances for Harry in his continuing quest against The Media AND The Family-Firm in the UK will be electric. Fireworks galore.
A real make or break opportunity for Harry.

I'm a little baffled about why they're visiting local charities in the United States when they left the UK so they didn't have to do things like this. Must be part of the Global Privacy Tour.

https://people.com/royals/meghan-ma...ity-accept-women-vision-award-gloria-steinem/

The Duchess of Sussex stepped out in New York City on Tuesday evening accompanied by Prince Harry and her mother Doria Ragland for the Ms. Foundation for Women's gala, the 2023 Women of Vision Awards: Celebrating Generations of Progress & Power. Meghan, 41, was honored as one of this year's Woman of Vision Awardhonorees for her global advocacy to empower women and girls.

The event reunited Meghan with her friend Gloria Steinem, Co-Founding Mother of the Ms. Foundation, who presented her with the award.

I'm a little baffled about why they're visiting local charities in the United States when they left the UK so they didn't have to do things like this. Must be part of the Global Privacy Tour.

TRH The Sussexes' original plan was to continue working for their UK patronages while living outside of the UK, first South Africa, then Canada (the oft discussed "Half-in, Half-out Scenario"). The BRF found that set-up untenable so they shut it down. Unsurprisingly, TRH The Sussexes continued their philanthropy in the United States because they had always planned to do so.

https://people.com/royals/meghan-ma...ity-accept-women-vision-award-gloria-steinem/

The Duchess of Sussex stepped out in New York City on Tuesday evening accompanied by Prince Harry and her mother Doria Ragland for the Ms. Foundation for Women's gala, the 2023 Women of Vision Awards: Celebrating Generations of Progress & Power. Meghan, 41, was honored as one of this year's Woman of Vision Awardhonorees for her global advocacy to empower women and girls.

The event reunited Meghan with her friend Gloria Steinem, Co-Founding Mother of the Ms. Foundation, who presented her with the award.

It's nice to see HRH The Duchess of Sussex's philanthropy being acknowledged and celebrated by her peers.

Last edited by a moderator:

?

You and me both.

Another day, another award... but do they any real meaning or significance? We're not talking the Nobel Peace Prize here although that's what they're really after IMO. If that ever happens please stop the world so I can get off!!!! :ohmy: :D

?

You and me both.

Another day, another award... but do they any real meaning or significance? We're not talking the Nobel Peace Prize here although that's what they're really after IMO. If that ever happens please stop the world so I can get off!!!! :ohmy: :D

The awards hoarding reminds me of what Tessy from Luxembourg was doing, back in the day…

I realize this is an unusual question but does anyone know why there are photos of the Sussexes and Doria walking through what appears to be an Enterprise Rental Car office lobby? :ermm:

Where did they ever state that? Please provide true evidence and not made up scenarios. They have spoken enough, so it should be quite easy.

I realize this is an unusual question but does anyone know why there are photos of the Sussexes and Doria walking through what appears to be an Enterprise Rental Car office lobby? :ermm:

Because they went through the back entrance of the building and went directly inside.

I read that the Sussexes entered and departed by doors at the back of the building that holds the ballroom where the event took place, rather than the front entrance. Their cars were parked at the back. Presumably the Enterprise office was at the back as well. They seemed in photos to be guided in that direction by security aides.

Last edited:

Where did they ever state that? Please provide true evidence and not made up scenarios. They have spoken enough, so it should be quite easy.

No words required. Their actions said it all for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this is appropriate to say, as it si from the past, but Harry was the one who said that he did not want to do the royal duties he was allocated, back before his marriage, that he felt he was over worked and pressured into doing things that he did not want to do. SO I think it is a reasonable assumption that he did not greatly enjoy his royal duties and was not sorry to cut them down or give up on them

I don't know if this is appropriate to say, as it si from the past, but Harry was the one who said that he did not want to do the royal duties he was allocated, back before his marriage, that he felt he was over worked and pressured into doing things that he did not want to do. SO I think it is a reasonable assumption that he did not greatly enjoy his royal duties and was not sorry to cut them down or give up on them

I think the difference is that Harry wanted agency. He wanted to do things he is interested in such as veterans' issues, mental health, etc. Have control over his own calendar and events.

When he was in the Royal family, he needs to coordinate everything with the rest of the family which created conflict. In "Spare" he talked about fighting with William over who gets to work on issues in Africa.

I think the difference is that Harry wanted agency. He wanted to do things he is interested in such as veterans' issues, mental health, etc. Have control over his own calendar and events.

When he was in the Royal family, he needs to coordinate everything with the rest of the family which created conflict. In "Spare" he talked about fighting with William over who gets to work on issues in Africa.
If you work for an organisation, you do not get to pick what you like all the time. As for mental health, he was doing Heads together with William and Kate long before he got married. you also don’t get to choose your own calendar and events. He had to coordinate with palace officials because no one does these things themselves, they obviously work with qualified staff to do and plan these things properly.

BBC breaking news was a car chase after the ceremony. Not on CNN yet. Well, that’s going to make Harry even more paranoid. Thankfully, everyone’s ok, but, really, why speed when photographers follow? They’re in NY, a call to the police would be better…go to a safe location, don’t outrun. their driver should be questioned, as well as the photographers.

Last edited:
It was just on the Dutch newssite too.

BBC breaking news was a car chase after the ceremony. Not on CNN yet. Well, that’s going to make Harry even more paranoid. Thankfully, everyone’s ok, but, really, why speed when photographers follow? They’re in NY, a call to the police would be better…go to a safe location, don’t outrun. their driver should be questioned, as well as the photographers.

I agree why would you let them chase you dangerously for 2 hours.

I agree that they should have gone to a police station instead of trying to outrun the paparazzi. But that doesn't excuse the behaviour of the paparazzi - jumping red lights, driving on pavements, and using phones and cameras whilst driving. It's very lucky that no-one was hurt.

Completely agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom