The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 8: April - August 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Curryong :
Eugenie and Jack were there and would welcome him.

Maybe she'd even greet him as nicely as she greeted Piers Morgan last week when she had lunch with him!:flowers:

Originally Posted by Curryong :
Eugenie and Jack were there and would welcome him.

Maybe she'd even greet him as nicely as she greeted Piers Morgan last week when she had lunch with him!:flowers:

It was Beatrice who hugged Morgan, not Eugenie. And their father was there last night.

When do we think we will see Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet make their first ever public appearance at a royal event

Maybe at the Porcelain Jubilee of their Grandpa's Ascension to the Throne; they will be both of age then and be able to decide for themselves.

Well I mean, Eugenie is the only one who will speak to him so

Saw Anne caught by the TV cameras coming over to talk to Harry before the ceremony began and he was smiling and replying, so that is not correct. And he walked into the Abbey with Beatrice and Edo, who gave him a pat on the back and was speaking to him as they entered so that isn’t so, either.

I wonder what Harry must be thinking as he watches this ?

Is he wistful ? A tinge of sadness or regret, looking at his ONLY nephews and niece that have zero relationships with their cousins. Or him.

Or is the bitterness inside to deep to penetrate ?

He didn't come to his father to swear an oath of allegiance to him, so we can't know if he did it together with the people gathered in the Abbey.

Saw Anne caught by the TV cameras coming over to talk to Harry before the ceremony began and he was smiling and replying, so that is not correct. And he walked into the Abbey with Beatrice and Edo, who gave him a pat on the back and was speaking to him as they entered so that isn’t so, either.
I mean Eugenie is closest to him overall. Any of them can say hi to him to if they want to but I doubt it will be anything beyond a “hi”, how are you doing etc.

Or perhaps she isn’t really anymore. Time moves on. She too has a husband and soon to be 2 children. And to be fair she knows which side her butter is breaded on.

I mean Eugenie is closest to him overall. Any of them can say hi to him to if they want to but I doubt it will be anything beyond a “hi”, how are you doing etc.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/492101/princess-anne-warmly-greets-prince-harry-coronation/

That has been said tons of times by the media, but when it was stated in tabloids that Sophie had ignored him when he came over the last time she made a point of saying in a magazine interview that she and Harry had had a long chat after the late Queen’s funeral. The truth is that the media don’t know what goes on in the inner circles of the RF.

Last edited:
It's not like anyone there could ever be anything other than pleasant to Harry, especially when there are cameras around. But also I highly doubt any member of BRF wants to give him any quotes for his second or third book.

Anne wasn’t sitting near to Harry but made a special effort to walk up, greet him to say hello, and I doubt it was due to TV cameras. And we wouldn’t have known about the talk between Sophie and Harry if she hadn’t mentioned it herself.

Anne wasn’t sitting near to Harry but made a special effort to walk up, greet him to say hello, and I doubt it was due to TV cameras. And we wouldn’t have known about the talk between Sophie and Harry if she hadn’t mentioned it herself.

Well they are grown ups. And she is his aunt and has been with him throughout his life.she was there when his mother died.

We all know the real issue is with William and that relationship is broken.

He isn’t tclose to them anymore though and he doesn’t seem to want to go to social events when they are all there. Even when William and Charles aren’t.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/492101/princess-anne-warmly-greets-prince-harry-coronation/

That has been said tons of times by the media, but when it was stated in tabloids that Sophie had ignored him when he came over the last time she made a point of saying in a magazine interview that she and Harry had had a long chat after the late Queen’s funeral. The truth is that the media don’t know what goes on in the inner circles of the RF.
[.....] my thoughts aren’t from the media but based on my observations on videos of the interactions. Plus no one wants to take attention by sulking or being observed as snubbing someone so of course they will be polite. There’s bigger fish to fry than creating feuds out of thin air.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they are grown ups. And she is his aunt and has been with him throughout his life.she was there when his mother died.

We all know the real issue is with William and that relationship is broken.

He isn’t tclose to them anymore though and he doesn’t seem to want to go to social events when they are all there. Even when William and Charles aren’t.
Exactly. Very correct IMO

It's not like anyone there could ever be anything other than pleasant to Harry, especially when there are cameras around. But also I highly doubt any member of BRF wants to give him any quotes for his second or third book.
Precisely. I agree with this.

I'm sure there are many who want the British Royal Family to give HRH The Duke of Sussex the cold shoulder, especially publicly, but overall they're a family. Families fight all the time but, more times than not, come back together.

The discussion is going around in circles. Please move on.

Hopefully the rain has not interfered and delayed Prince Harry's return flight to Los Angeles/Santa Barbara. I know it was important to him to be back in time to see little Prince Archie today.

I hope Harry was able to spend some time with his father. Perhaps he and Meghan will come for the Trooping next month. The late Queen had her entire family with her on the balcony and I hope Charles does the same.

why do you say that they are boring? If you are interested in the RF, then the working royals are the important ones.

Just look at newspaper front pages and tabloids. They aren’t interesting and don’t make the front pages.

Just look at newspaper front pages and tabloids. They aren’t interesting and don’t make the front pages.

They are interesting precisely because they are not making the front pages.
Just learn one thing or two about the British Royal Family, you could be surprised.

Let's move on from arguing over who is and is not interesting/on the front pages. Further posts along those lines will be deleted.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 8: Apr. 2023 -

I hope Harry was able to spend some time with his father. Perhaps he and Meghan will come for the Trooping next month. The late Queen had her entire family with her on the balcony and I hope Charles does the same.

I doubt it. If Meghan couldn’t show up to the Coronation, the first in 70 years, I certainly don’t expect to see her (or any of the Sussexes really) at Trooping. Probably for the best anyway.

I doubt Harry had any time to really see anyone. It was obviously a quick in and out trip. He didn’t bring his family- and he could have done exactly what he did at the Jubilee and brought them. They chose otherwise. Their lack of desire to spend any time ever in the UK for any reason whatsoever could hardly be clearer.

Harry left for the airport immediately after the coronation. He didn’t stay for the lunch or for the official photos, so all the reports were right about it being an in and out trip.

Harry left for the airport immediately after the coronation. He didn’t stay for the lunch or for the official photos, so all the reports were right about it being an in and out trip.

Do we have a link?

I doubt it. If Meghan couldn’t show up to the Coronation, the first in 70 years, I certainly don’t expect to see her (or any of the Sussexes really) at Trooping. Probably for the best anyway.

I doubt Harry had any time to really see anyone. It was obviously a quick in and out trip. He didn’t bring his family- and he could have done exactly what he did at the Jubilee and brought them. They chose otherwise. Their lack of desire to spend any time ever in the UK for any reason whatsoever could hardly be clearer.

I agree.

Moreover, if I've understood the time differences and the time it takes to fly back to California correctly, he won't get back to L.A. until late in the evening; certainly very late for a four year old to be staying up, birthday or no. So that seems a rather flimsy excuse too.

I'm not a fan of the Daily Express, but I think this piece sums it up pretty well:

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/e...n-meghan-markle-king-charles-archies-birthday

Do we have a link?

Here is an article from The Telegraph.

The Duke of Sussex is already on his way back to California following the Coronation service at Westminster Abbey.

He will not join his family back at Buckingham Palace, meaning that he will not feature in any of the official portraits that capture the moment for the history books.

The Duke, 38, had always planned a swift turnaround, his priority being to support his father during the historic ceremony.

Source

The DM also has photos of him at the airport.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ins-Heathrow-Airport-races-away-King-Charless

The Mail's got pictures of him at Heathrow airport. He was still in his morning suit and wearing his medals: he didn't even hang around long enough to get changed.

I doubt we'll see the Sussexes at the Trooping the Colour. If Meghan and the children didn't come for an occasion as important as this - and they could easily have brought some birthday presents for Archie with them - then they won't come for that.

They wouldn't have allowed any of them up there anyways. That was made pretty clear, so it was for the best. They will not be at Trooping. The next we see Meghan in the UK might be this fall when they attend the Invictus Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom