The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 10: August 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A few years ago, a prominent British politician was asked about how he felt about his negative press. He said that it came with the job. He stated that he chose to go into a public role and freedom of the press is a big part of that.

If this Sussex couple is going to keep themselves in the public eye, lecturing the world about their myriad fashionable topics, they would do well to develop a thicker skin.
Totally agree , I would also add , to protect your mental health , do not read online sites about yourself etc . Sorry that is a very dark slope to go down . I seem to recall the duchess saying she did not do so for that reason . Well I have my doubts about that , certainly the duke seems to read them .

Curryong, most of your posts are lovely. I just struggle to understand your attacks on the British press just because they aren't constantly praising Meghan and Harry. Hope to see you back here soon.

And I agree that people in the public eye need to ignore some of what's written about them. Someone posted on a friend's Facebook page recently that they wished Joan Collins would die. What harm has Joan Collins ever done anyone?! And some of the things written about politicians are horrendous. As much as Liz Truss made a mess of being Prime Minister, I admire her for carrying on in public life even after being completely ridiculed for lasting a shorter time than a lettuce!

Back
Top Bottom