The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 10: August 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For some reason i can see autumn season as really going well with the style that brand seems to be aiming for.
Imo it would be time to release something by now, if they'll postpone it to next year there really was no point at all for those blurbs earlier this year..
I’m not sure what the point was announcing in March anyway. She’s done nothing but send a few of her influencer friends on instagram jam and dog biscuits in, I think, May. Most people have probably forgotten about ARO by now. I think she probably originally intended to be selling products a very long time ago.

But- now would be a good time. And, by now, I do mean right now. Here in the US fall markets are starting. People buy things like jam, etc at these markets. If she wants to be part of people’s Christmas shopping, she needs to get on with it imo.

I don't think an air date has been announced.

Nacho Figueras Says It Was an 'Honor' to Work with 'Dear Friend' Prince Harry on POLO: 'We're Very Excited' (Exclusive)​

The polo star spoke exclusively to PEOPLE at the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic on Oct. 5 about the pair's new polo project with Netflix​
Published on October 6, 2024 07:05AM EDT​

I don't think this has been posted.

Inside Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's New Dynamic: 'A Twin-Track Approach Is Evolving,' Friend Says (Exclusive)​

"The Duke and Duchess have now hit their stride as individuals – not just as a couple," a royal insider tells PEOPLE​
Published on October 4, 2024 08:59AM EDT​
[...]​
Insiders say that what’s unfolding reflects a clear shift in the couple’s public lives. While Harry is immersed in philanthropic efforts, Meghan is leaning into entrepreneurial projects and commercial ventures.​
“It’s clear that a twin-track approach is evolving," a friend tells PEOPLE.​
[...]​
“An entrepreneurial and enterprise focus is going to be more the Duchess’s priority and the Duke will continue to champion his not-for-profit patronages,” the friend adds. “But there will be joint efforts around those cause-driven areas of work.”​
This shift in focus has led to several recent solo appearances for Harry, but Meghan’s absence far from signals a split. “[It’s] as much a reflection on parenting priorities, in that one of them stays behind with the children,” says the friend.​

I’m not sure what the point was announcing in March anyway. She’s done nothing but send a few of her influencer friends on instagram jam and dog biscuits in, I think, May. Most people have probably forgotten about ARO by now. I think she probably originally intended to be selling products a very long time ago.

But- now would be a good time. And, by now, I do mean right now. Here in the US fall markets are starting. People buy things like jam, etc at these markets. If she wants to be part of people’s Christmas shopping, she needs to get on with it imo.
I agree. Had she waited until early August to do the video and the influencer give away, then I believe that would have been the perfect time to encourage interest in ARO.

Well- I don’t think parenting priorities has much to do with this new strategy personally, but it certainly sounds good.

I think it has more to do with what they think (hope) will actually work for them. And what will help restore their reputations.

I guess they’re done with the salt and pepper analogy. Or the joined tree from the backyard. (Not to regurgitate old news, but I re scanned The Cut interview looking for exactly how Meghan put it: it was a hideous interview then. And it still is. Time has definitely not improved it.)

Meghan has clearly- always- been the driver with the money making activities imo. The philanthropic world has always been in Harry’s wheel house. Figures if they’re looking to more formally split things, this would be the way. Harry’s good at the latter. Meghan- well- I have yet to see her exhibit any real skill as of yet in entrepreneurial/commercial activities in the last, basically, 5 years. But, perhaps something will finally stick for her. And it is her interest imo. I think she desperately wants to be really successful at something.

So- the polo show is supposedly still on. Did the cooking show get shelved?

At the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles Red Carpet Gala, Meghan highlighted the importance of the hospital and the work they do in providing treatment and support to vulnerable families.

Now Meghan goes solo: Duchess of Sussex ensures all eyes are on her as she rewears revealing red Carolina Herrera gown in surprise appearance at LA children's hospital gala​

By Melissa Koenig For Dailymail.Com
Published: 23:11 EDT, 5 October 2024 | Updated: 00:19 EDT, 6 October 2024

I have to say she looks great on that dress and that color.

I don't know why the press is making a deal about her being a solo act at an event near her area while Harry is away in his own commitments, slow news week?

Well- I don’t think parenting priorities has much to do with this new strategy personally, but it certainly sounds good.

I think it has more to do with what they think (hope) will actually work for them. And what will help restore their reputations.

I guess they’re done with the salt and pepper analogy. Or the joined tree from the backyard. (Not to regurgitate old news, but I re scanned The Cut interview looking for exactly how Meghan put it: it was a hideous interview then. And it still is. Time has definitely not improved it.)

Meghan has clearly- always- been the driver with the money making activities imo. The philanthropic world has always been in Harry’s wheel house. Figures if they’re looking to more formally split things, this would be the way. Harry’s good at the latter. Meghan- well- I have yet to see her exhibit any real skill as of yet in entrepreneurial/commercial activities in the last, basically, 5 years. But, perhaps something will finally stick for her. And it is her interest imo. I think she desperately wants to be really successful at something.

So- the polo show is supposedly still on. Did the cooking show get shelved?

Maybe that's the Sussex strategy for the Fall Season? Separate events to have people talking.

After all any press is good press for Meghan so her name is always out there on the tabloids and shallow press like People Magazine, OK magazine, all the mediocre USA morning shows that pass fluff 'heart-warming' stories for priority news?

Last edited:

Meghan is trying to trademark the name "American Riviera Orchard". Establishing first use is an important part of the legal process. For example, Taylor Swift has made over 300 trademark applications of song title, lyrics, etc. and was successful in getting approval for about 200. Some of the Taylor's trademark applications were rejected b/c other people have used those phrases before her. So, even though some words are strongly associated with her, she could not trademark them. Also, Donald Trump could not trade "You're Fire!", even though that phrase is strong associated with him b/c other people have trademarked that phrase before him. (There was a pottery shop named "You're Fired.", which is a pretty cheeky name for a pottery store.)

Establishing a website/Instagram account would qualify as first use for legal purpose. Her lawyer may have advised her to do that to help with the application process.

Last edited:
Meghan has clearly- always- been the driver with the money making activities imo. The philanthropic world has always been in Harry’s wheel house.
Considering that Harry never really had the experience of us common folk of getting a salary, paying rent, living with a budget, it is not a surprise that he is staying with projects that he is comfortable with.

In "Spare', Harry mentioned he didn't even have a credit card and Meghan was ordering furniture online on her credit card to furnish their home.

Considering that Harry never really had the experience of us common folk of getting a salary, paying rent, living with a budget, it is not a surprise that he is staying with projects that he is comfortable with.

In "Spare', Harry mentioned he didn't even have a credit card and Meghan was ordering furniture online on her credit card to furnish their home.

Us common folk work all our lives, pay into social security and retirement plans (401ks and 457b plans) so when we reach the age to enjoy we get back services and benefits we paid into with our state and federal taxes. I don't have any idea what would happen to Harry when he turns 60, 62, 65 or 67 (the variety of USA retirement ages) and sees he has no medical of financial benefits.

I hope by then Meghan is back to acting so she can rejoin the Union and get him on medical benefits because he's not going to get that from The Firm that will then be controlled by a certain King William

I am sure that Harry has financial advisers especially with the money he has been left by family members in their wills.
This is why IMO the half in half out model would be in the best interest of the future monarchy. You would be self sufficient and help serve when needed but yet you wouldn’t have to fear your future if the King or queen pulled the rug out from you if they were not happy with you.

Us common folk work all our lives, pay into social security and retirement plans (401ks and 457b plans) so when we reach the age to enjoy we get back services and benefits we paid into with our state and federal taxes. I don't have any idea what would happen to Harry when he turns 60, 62, 65 or 67 (the variety of USA retirement ages) and sees he has no medical of financial benefits.

I hope by then Meghan is back to acting so she can rejoin the Union and get him on medical benefits because he's not going to get that from The Firm that will then be controlled by a certain King William
You don't have to worry about him. He has millions on his name.

I am sure that Harry has financial advisers especially with the money he has been left by family members in their wills.
This is why IMO the half in half out model would be in the best interest of the future monarchy. You would be self sufficient and help serve when needed but yet you wouldn’t have to fear your future if the King or queen pulled the rug out from you if they were not happy with you.
As long as you are not using your position to enhance the income. There possibly is a model that would work which we now know the Late Queen had asked to be investigated it , as it would need careful planning.
For some it wasn’t about the rug being pulled, but no longer being one of the main attractions when the younger ones came of age.
Who had the rug pulled anyway?

I think the half-in, half-out would have been the most sensible sollution in principle. I understand that a lifetime in the shadow, shaking hands and opening worthy projects in rainy towns isn't to the liking of everybody and it would be healthy to have something else to focus on. I found the wish of the Duke to carve out a different role for himself and his wife understandable at the time.

But it depends what the half-out option entails. If the Duke had taken a desk-job at the defence department in the UK and the Duchess became an acting teacher it probably would have been much less problematic than the role they have envisioned for themselves. The scenario they seem to aspire to, to some extend means monitizing their titles and doing pretty much the same as they do within the RF. That role is too close to the half-in part and would be confusing to the public.

Last edited:
I definitely agree with you Marengo. I also agree with you that the hand shaking and ribbon cutting is not for everyone especially if you have your own passions and causes you wish to support and don’t want to be seen as overshadowing anyone. And without rehashing things I also think in a half in half out situation their career paths for lack of a better word would have been much different than what we are seeing now.

They are all rich beyond imagination. Not necessarily cash rich. It makes me laugh - Harry without medical insurance. He’ll always be taken care of.

This is why IMO the half in half out model would be in the best interest of the future monarchy. You would be self sufficient and help serve when needed but yet
As long as you are not using your position to enhance the income. There possibly is a model that would work which we now know the Late Queen had asked to be investigated it , as it would need careful planning.
For some it wasn’t about the rug being pulled, but no longer being one of the main attractions when the younger ones came of age.
Who had the rug pulled anyway?
I agree with Marengo's comment about the "half-in-half-out" role. More than one male senior royal simultaneously had a military career and also performed royal duties: Examples-Duke of Kent, King Charles III, Duke of York, Prince of Wales, and Duke of Sussex. They were not monetizing their roles.

I too am curious to know "who had the rug pulled?" The only one who didn't step back voluntarily was the Duke of York.
Former working royal have retired ie The Duchess of Kent as well as the late Duke of Edinburgh (Phillip).
The Sussexes and the former Edward VIII chose to walk away from their roles.

Not familiar with Chelsey's situation and if at the time it was discussed in the forum. I was in my 16-year RFs sabbatical and found my way back during the passing of Queen Eizabeth II. But I do recall the lifestyle he and Chelsey had and the reason they both became tabloid darlings. She was around during his reckless years as in the nazi swastika uniform, the notorious naked pics during a wild party, the time he insulted with a racial slur the people of Pakistan and so on.

So, sorry, Harry but I'm not buying on this Saint Harry of the Oppressed by Tabloids Celebrities image you are selling us now in the Meghan Era. I do have to give credit to the duchess for the effort she has done to clean up that image, even if it's controlling your life with her Archwell straitjacket.

But as I read the articles posted in here about the court claims I just can get pass to this day you have never shown remorse for the things he and Chelsy did that placed you into those tabloids to start with. It's like anyone that doesn't know the past can peg you as you never did anything wrong to attract such negative attention so start with.

And I still can't get over the Nazi Swastika outfit since his family and country were attacked with that symbol and my country, Spain, was bombarded by planes with that same symbol too. Harry should look up the painting Guernica, that's a snapshot of what he proudly wore during the times the tabloids hunted his steps down then, and what his complaints in court are all about now.
I always wonder if Harry gave Chelsy some of his settlement money from The Mirror, since he had no problem using her experiences as well. Or did he keep it all to himself?

I agree that Harry has to take some accountability in some instances for giving the press ammo to write certain articles about him.

I don’t know why people say it’s old news and give him a cop-out. He was an adult when he made the choice to wear a Nazi symbol and thought it was funny. I’m around the same age as him, but even as a child, when I learned about that era, I knew it wasn’t something to joke about at any age. I side-eye anyone who thought it was okay to go to a coloniest-themed party, including Chelsy, William, and Kate, if they truly attended because a party like that is not ok. Just like Harry thought it was funny to make a racist joke about a fellow soldier—the same soldiers whose lives were probably at even greater risk because they had to protect a prince from threats.

With all that said, he will probably win some motions like last time because the press goes too far at times. I’m glad the court basically told Harry and the press to stop wasting the court’s time.

I don’t think all is well financially as they like to portray themselves . He is running himself into some serious lawyer debt, allegedly in the millions. He may win a pretty penny at times against the press, but this is taking years. There’s a reason he’s asking The Mirror to help pay for some of his legal fees—it’s pricey. Not to mention his fight against the government and his issues with security, and goodness knows what other legal bills. Not too mention paying their daily team, production team, paying mortgages and costly up keep of their yuppie mansion, those suckers usually drain money and of course security bills, it all adds up. He will never be happy about the press and his settlements; he’s going to keep chasing these newspapers down, which is his right, but at the same time, it will ruin his finances, yes he has more money than most, but even rich people go in debt and it will never fix the pain he associates with the press and he can’t always win all the cases.

I always says he’s definitely into charitable giving—lining his lawyers’ pockets and basically paying off mortgages and vacations those lawyers take.

Last edited:
The half in half out wouldn’t work for someone who wanted to commercialize their link to the RF and that’s what the Sussexes had in mind. If Harry wanted to further pursue his military career and do a few royal duties on the side, there would have been no issue. They actually tried to get him to stay in the Army when he left because it did give him something worthwhile to do and made use of his skill set. If Meghan wanted to patronize acting charities and carry out a few visits here and there that would have been fine. But the thought of the Sussexes was that they would combine commercial activities with royalty and that cannot be allowed. It failed miserably when Edward and Sophie attempted it and won’t be offered again.

I definitely agree with you Marengo. I also agree with you that the hand shaking and ribbon cutting is not for everyone especially if you have your own passions and causes you wish to support and don’t want to be seen as overshadowing anyone. And without rehashing things I also think in a half in half out situation their career paths for lack of a better word would have been much different than what we are seeing now.
What career path do you think would have been best for them.

The half in half out wouldn’t work for someone who wanted to commercialize their link to the RF and that’s what the Sussexes had in mind. If Harry wanted to further pursue his military career and do a few royal duties on the side, there would have been no issue. They actually tried to get him to stay in the Army when he left because it did give him something worthwhile to do and made use of his skill set. If Meghan wanted to patronize acting charities and carry out a few visits here and there that would have been fine. But the thought of the Sussexes was that they would combine commercial activities with royalty and that cannot be allowed. It failed miserably when Edward and Sophie attempted it and won’t be offered again.
Exactly.

The military is a service role. So would be working in the NHS, Civil Service, FCO, as a teacher etc. They’re all working for the nation. But that wasn’t what H&M wanted.

It’s not possible to pursue a commercial role & represent the monarch. Because that’s what being a ‘working’ member of the rf means. The monarch can’t be everywhere all at once in his capacity as head of the nation so some of his relatives can help out.

It’s their honour & privilege to have the opportunity to do so. They themselves don't matter, it's who/what they represent that does.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom