The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 10: August 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’ve never heard of Harry getting a tattoo, and I’ve been taking notice of his affairs since he was nineteen. That doesn’t mean he hasn’t got one though and people have just kept quiet about it.

I’ve never heard of Harry getting a tattoo, and I’ve been taking notice of his affairs since he was nineteen. That doesn’t mean he hasn’t got one though and people have just kept quiet about it.
I think you are correct. I believe he said in “Spare” that he once wanted to get one of Botswana while he was on that infamous Las Vegas trip but his friends and security stopped him, recognizing he wasn’t in the right frame of mind for decision making.

The best thing about those photos of him going into the tattoo parlor are how, after the way he snidely mocked William for his baldness in his book "Spare" they highlight the fact that Harry has not one single hair on the top of his head. It's a vast expanse of pink skin up there. I don't care that Harry is bald, I am as well, it's the sweet karma of it all that I'm drawing attention to here.

Nowadays in the western world there isn't anything wrong with tattoos as such (depending on the subject and use in specific cultures), didn't P.Philip have an interest in them (i think i remember reading he asked someone about their tattoos)?
Also i think K.George V had a tattoo?

But yes, to get them it's wise to be aware what you're doing, so good for Harry having good friends at the time to prevent it, if he wasn't

His latest high jinks make me suspect that someone has advised him to liven up his image from "Grumpy Harry" back to "Happy Chappy"! ;)

Perhaps the BP people did not ask Boris to have a chat with Harry. Maybe he realised it was futile. Sky news in 2020 did however report that Harry and the PM spoke for about 20 minutes alone on that day, after the UK-Africa conference.

And the paragraph below from the Telegraph is quite vague.
‘Boris Johnson was not asked by Buckingham Palace to try and persuade Prince Harry to stay in the UK, The Telegraph understands.’
‘Understands’, not ‘we were told by a spokesperson.’

Last edited:
As far as royals with tattoos are concerned, the only senior royal I can think of, besides George V, was Queen Daisy’s father King Frederik of Denmark who had tattoos on his forearm. He, George V and Prince Philip were all naval officers though, and in their time it was primarily sailors who had tattoos. Princess Eugenie does have a very small one near her ear, I believe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom