The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 10: August 2024 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some stocks and shares may have been liquidated before or after the QM’s death, and some artworks sold privately and discreetly in her old age.

This thread in TRF is years old but discusses this subject.

Nice to see the photos of the warm greetings between Harry and Queen Mathilde, and his interactions with other guests at this WHO dinner for a great cause.
I haven't seen the pictures. Did he bow to Queen Mathilde? Or has he forgotten the proper etiquette yet?

I haven't seen the pictures. Did he bow to Queen Mathilde? Or has he forgotten the proper etiquette yet?
There aren’t any photos of him bowing. It might be my interpretation, he seems condescenting.

There aren’t any photos of him bowing. It might be my interpretation, he seems condescenting.
It's been noted by others that Harry seemed out of his element...
"Prince Harry attended a dinner organized by World Health Organization (WHO) in New York over the weekend - and according to a body language expert, the 40-year-old appeared to show signs that he is struggling with his 'visible demotion' with the royal hierarchy. While one may think Prince Harry would be in his element among royalty once more, according to body language expert Judi James, the Duke of Sussex appeared to show signs that he is 'struggling with his visible demotion'."

I wonder how he conversation between Harry and Mabel might have proceeded. She is a high achiever, a real campaigner and activist in the space. She is also very wealthy, because of investments made by her late husband.

The DM bodylanguage article seems rather nonsensical TBH. As a Queen, Mathilde would always have gone ahead of the Duke of Sussex, this is not a result of Harry not being a working member of the British RF.

I wonder how he conversation between Harry and Mabel might have proceeded. She is a high achiever, a real campaigner and activist in the space. She is also very wealthy, because of investments made by her late husband.
I understand Princess Mabel being invited to this event because of her involvement with "Girls not Brides", but I don't quite understand why Harry got an invitation too.

I have seen the pictures now and I disagree with the DM. Harry doesn't look "out of his element" in my humble opinion. On the contrary, he seems to be going out of his way to project the image that he is still a prince with some kind of official role, which of course he does not have. That seems to be consistent also with his recent "tours" of Nigeria and Colombia, where he also tried to project that image.

I understand Princess Mabel being invited to this event because of her involvement with "Girls not Brides", but I don't quite understand why Harry got an invitation too.

The event is tagged as, "a high-level dinner on 'Violence against children and its impact on mental health'". Harry has been involved in mental health advocacy for years and has recently extended his advocacy to include children / youth whose mental health is threatened due to the online landscape where dysfunction like bullying takes place.

The event is tagged as, "a high-level dinner on 'Violence against children and its impact on mental health'". Harry has been involved in mental health advocacy for years and has recently extended his advocacy to include children / youth whose mental health is threatened due to the online landscape where dysfunction like bullying takes place.
A worthy cause. I hope he will be able to do good in that area.

Very fair point. Some might argue that if you pay enough, you can buy your way into most places!

Good for Prince Harry. Hopefully everyone at this WHO event will find information and contribute their knowledge to this worldwide issue.

Very fair point. Some might argue that if you pay enough, you can buy your way into most places!
I don´t think that Pss Mabel bought her way there. Even though she is very wealthy and nearly a billionaire in dollars according to Quote magazine (2022 estimate was $ 980 million), she has been working on this for many years, also before she was this wealthy..

Back
Top Bottom