The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meghan actually posted a video showing her closet of shoes. So yeah I would likely double that picture because I remember it was quite sizable and shoes were also on the floor. LOL.

I do miss Meghan's casual style. Sad we don't see it anymore.

(..) I would love to have Meghan's shoes. The high-heels from today were truly interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
(..)

..while I love the shoes..I am wondering...isn't it rather cold to be wearing them? But hey...it's not let she is walking a mile to her car. Overall its a nice look for an engagement.

(..)

I love Meghan's shoes, earrings, and handbag. I must find a replica of those earrings. I have a pair of shoes with a similar print to those

while I love the shoes..I am wondering...isn't it rather cold to be wearing them? But hey...it's not let she is walking a mile to her car. Overall its a nice look for an engagement.

Honestly, I completely didn't think about this since it looks fine with the outfit. However, now that you mentioned, I would say the whole outfit might be cold in London at this point. However, she is pregnant and not walking far, so...:lol:

(..)

Meghan actually posted a video showing her closet of shoes. So yeah I would likely double that picture because I remember it was quite sizable and shoes were also on the floor. LOL.

I do miss Meghan's casual style. Sad we don't see it anymore.

I did expect her to have many more pairs of shoes as this would be only her 'high heels' pump-type collection, and she also has flats and boots. So, your guess would be about 80 pairs?! My husband already complains and I probably have about 25 (including several pairs of flip-flops which I typically wear at home).

I do. I expect any woman in her mid 30's, which I am, and so was Meghan at the posting of that Instagram to have a sizeable shoe wardrobe, especially if you buy quality shoes (usually leather that's made well). If you begin at 20, then by 35, you have built up quite a collection. I remember my first 2 pairs of over $100 shoes, and that was for my 21st birthday. I still have those pairs along with many others accumulated over the years and I'm 35. From doing a mental count, I have maybe 40 pairs, not counting 1 pair of gym shoes, 1 pair hiking boots, 1 pair rain boots and 1 pair snow boots.

Also, just to clarify, this resonates more for us in urban areas such as NYC, Toronto, LA, DC, and London. Even in tiny London and Berlin flats, some of my friends were just as much shoe hogs as myself.

Well, I myself am only a few months older than Meghan and have lived in cities for the last 20 years. So, I am afraid I don't fit your description of 'any woman in her mid 30's'; as while my husband thinks my shoe wardrobe is sizeable, it seems that most of you would think it is rather small (and yes, moving every 2 years helps to throw out/give away shoes that you no longer wear). I most certainly do not own 40 pairs of high heels; probably 5 pair with 'moderate' heels.

So, while I expected to be an exception, I was wondering whether Meghan was probably also somewhat of an exception. And it seems she is at least at the high end of the spectrum as most seem to have around 40 pairs; and only two claiming to own 80 pairs or more... But, please (all) continue enjoying your shoes and I am sure it comes in handy for Meghan now she is a royal duchess!

I love Meghan's coat, I want it because it is gorgeous and swings with such style and elegance. Her dress is your typical maternity dress but her shoes, mmm those shoes are really quite special and lovely to know that they were in her closet pre-Harry and debuted on the Tig along with many more of her gorgeous shoes.

Well, I myself am only a few months older than Meghan and have lived in cities for the last 20 years. So, I am afraid I don't fit your description of 'any woman in her mid 30's'; as while my husband thinks my shoe wardrobe is sizeable, it seems that most of you would think it is rather small (and yes, moving every 2 years helps to throw out/give away shoes that you no longer wear). I most certainly do not own 40 pairs of high heels; probably 5 pair with 'moderate' heels.

So, while I expected to be an exception, I was wondering whether Meghan was probably also somewhat of an exception. And it seems she is at least at the high end of the spectrum as most seem to have around 40 pairs; and only two claiming to own 80 pairs or more... But, please (all) continue enjoying your shoes and I am sure it comes in handy for Meghan now she is a royal duchess!

I mean, honestly, I didn’t mean she isn’t at the higher end or slightly more. Most of us also don’t have a career where we attended the events she did or had people send us shoes as promotions. I can only imagine the damage if I was in her position. My shoes might need their own apartment by now. :lol:

This thread has had a major clean-up. Much as I sympathize with the fascination for shoes, bags and other accessories, this is a thread for the Duchess of Sussex's fashion choices. All posts that discussed your own collections only, have therefore been removed. If you are interested in continuing the exchange, you could create a thread in our General Discussion and Games subforum. Thank you for your understanding!

Glory be, colour! Thank you Meghan! Red AND purple. Is it an orangy red? I can't see much of the whole outfit so far, but I do like the detail on the sleeves of the coat.

Glory be, colour! Thank you Meghan! Red AND purple. Is it an orangy red? I can't see much of the whole outfit so far, but I do like the detail on the sleeves of the coat.

The details on the sleeves are a signature Sentaler thing. It’s crimson.

Yes, I can see it now. Crimson, just lovely for a winter's day in the North of England.

Wearing bright colors these days is such rarity for the Duchess of Sussex, so it's great seeing her in living color! Wow! Bright red and royal purple. :notworthy: :heart2:

?

More links:
https://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a25801492/meghan-markle-dress-birkenhead-prince-harry/
Mad About Meghan

I love the red Sentaler coat with signature ribbing detail on the sleeves. Plus the dress is lovely with the side split. The colors are so gorgeous on Meghan's skin! It's heavenly seeing her wear color. :flowers:

To my eyes, Meghan seems a bit tired around the eyes, which is normal. But she also looks happy and contented. I notice her hair has been pulled back for at least the last 4 to 5 public sightings (sometimes casually disheveled and sometimes smooth and elegant as at Sandringham, and at the British Fashion Awards.) The last time I recall Meghan's hair being down was at the BP Christmas lunch.

I would imagine it's simpler and easier for her to do her makeup and twist her hair up quickly on occasion without a lot of fuss and bother. She is surely one busy lady these days with her pregnancy, logistical baby planning, home renovations, private meetings, public events, etc. But staying purposely busy and focused has seemingly always been her vibe.

I wonder what DoS Meghan will wear to the evening engagement tonight to see Cirque du Soleil's Totem (in support of one of Harry's dearest to his heart charities):

Likely elegant black or navy, but hopefully something else a bit more different than her usual.

Last edited:
WOW! Perfect. Not a color combo just anyone can try and pull of well, but Meghan looks stunning!

:previous:

Yes, Meghan is usually elegant and on pointe, often with a bit of edge, even if not always spectacular in her choices. Above all, she knows what looks good on her body, with rare exceptions. And in general, she can pull off everything she puts together because of her grace and her chic style.

Sorry...still don't like the messy hair bun style though. I don't see the sense of the tendrils at the front that she keeps pushing behind the ears consistently.

Thank goodness no black!
Good colours today and drew a good crowd as well.
Pity we didn't get a clear photo of the statue.

Sorry...still don't like the messy hair bun style though. I don't see the sense of the tendrils at the front that she keeps pushing behind the ears consistently.
- I agree, the hair is an absolute mess
- Colours are lovely, and the whole ensemble works
- Pity she continues to patronise foreign brands over British ones!
- Bag is lovely, have we seen it previously?

Her hair is always an issue for me. Today it looks like bed head.

I’m going to be a dissenting voice on the outfit. Purple and red don’t go together imo. It looks garish.

Yay colors!
Major nay on the coordination. These two colors clash since they are very bright and bold colors hues who are battling for dominance of the outfit and thus drowning her:

This ensemble would have work if:
1) She had kept the coat always close the entire time and we had a pick of the dress.
Or 2) if she keeps the coat open if the dress was either a different shade of purple or was a different color with patterns that had purple in them.

To those who say the colors are that of the charity: only the purple is. The charity colors are: pink, purple & Lilac. No red in sight.

I am officially over bathrobe coats. They do not flatter anyone! Least of all a woman who is 7 months pregnant.

Overall the colors are gorgeous but their combination together does not work. There is a way to combine bright colors and make it look chic.

Meh about the hair. But being a curly girl I get it and since she hasn’t had to truly deal with her curls in probably 20 years she likely has no idea how to handle them now that she can’t chemically straighten them.

She looks great today! Don't really care for the addition of the brown bag, but she looks really great. Yes, the colors clash, but it works for me. It's not a jarring color combo here.

- I agree, the hair is an absolute mess
- Colours are lovely, and the whole ensemble works
- Pity she continues to patronise foreign brands over British ones!
- Bag is lovely, have we seen it previously?

Commonwealth brands-Canadian.
The colors are lovely on her-very bold.

In continuation to my post: I did like the light pink nail color which got my fashion juices flowing:
I think (if she was trying to honor one of the organizations today) wearing a dress that was super light pink (almost lilac in color but not quite) like the nail polish, a coat in purple (same shade as the dress) and a pair of same shade shoes. Would have worked better and had a better balance of shades and hues.

The darker shoes would have work with the very light pink when the coat of open, and would have create a uniformed color block when closed.

She looks great today! Don't really care for the addition of the brown bag, but she looks really great. Yes, the colors clash, but it works for me. It's not a jarring color combo here.

That's my feeling too...love the color mix, gold earrings/bracelet (and the shoe!) but not that bag.

LaRae

I love this. Even the brown bag, which is a good enough neutral when wearing bold colors. It's a better choice, IMO than a matching red bag (she has one, I assume) or buying a new purple one.

And I will be the exception and say I am okay with they messy bun/wisps. It is HER look. I think that royals who want to have helmet heads should have them. But this is very modern hair. I see it all the time on all kinds of beautiful women, and I think a royal that chooses moving hair is a wise woman these days. No need to agree; this is just an opinion. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom