The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it is also all on the way we phrase things. Meghan herself has said that she can't wear Victoria Beckham's dresses because they are not designed for her body shape and therefore don't flatter her.

It is something to do with her body length being too short I think. Just like saying she looks much more elegant in a wider pant leg instead of "skinny jeans don't flatter" her or some such thing. Basically, just accentuate to positive instead of the negative when it comes to body shapes, sizes, lengths etc. That way we get our point across without body shaming words.

Last edited:
I also remember the countless posts about Kate and her long hair and criticism of it aka shaming her for not cutting it.
At the same time most people agree her legs are her best feature.
On this board people discuss the body and shape of mostly the women but sometime the men as well in relation to our opinions about their clothes and dressing in the best way that flatters them.

Meghan's ankles are extremely skinny and when she wears certain things its noticeable.

Yes, another event mentioned after the fact. With all the negative stories swirling around Meghan, it seems more and more she will be doing things that we will only find out about afterward. And few to no details or photos will be made available to determine what she wore.

For example, I'd love to know what Meghan wore when she sat in on Mrs. Obama's recent book tour discussion, and met with her afterward.

At the Kings College event, Meghan wore a pink cocoon coat by Aritza which was draped over her shoulders in a different photo. But there's no information regarding whether she was wearing a one-piece shift, or a top with a skirt.

It appears to me increasingly that Meghan wants no attention to be placed on her clothes. When we do get to see her at outings all glammed up (e.g. at the Royal Variety show), some of the critiques are so OTT. She wore her usual navy to the recent Carol Service memorial fundraiser, and black with her coat a light pop of color to the Kings College education initiative.

http://meghansmirror.com/royal-styl...ealth-universities-acu/meghan-visits-the-acu/

http://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/

She looks lovely...wish there was a bigger earring...or a brooch..something.

LaRae

An absolutely stunning black gown. She looks divine.

That's a beautiful dress, and I like the styling, although I agree, slightly larger earrings would have been nice--but that doesn't seem to be her style. Black velvet and the one shoulder design really suit her.

Gorgeous, divine, and simply just plain BEAUTIFUL! I adore everything about this look, simple pulled back hair in a low bun, one shoulder in yummy winter velvet, one arm filled with gold bangles and gold scrappy shoes. She looks like a throwback to classic glamour.

Well done!

Notice the black nail polish. It will inspire the pearl clutching but it gives the look a modern edge. Gold accessories look great too.

Meghan wears gold SO well. The gold accents with the shoes and jewelry bring this look such a classy, but modern sleek.

Meghan look really beautiful tonight and it's so nice to see hear celebrate Claire.

Also am I the only person that is stunned that Meghan is actually pregnant? Actually fully seeing the bump and think about the wedding dress for obvious reasons makes me think how recent both events were. I almost feel like its premature since she just joined the family and now has to deal with all her aided responsibilities and a baby. Sorry for going OT.

Meghan looked every inch the duchess that she is. Simple elegance and classic look that never goes out of style. The dress and the jewelry and shoes serve to draw the eye to the whole picture that is Meghan rather than demand attention of their own.

Simply beautiful look.

She should consider adding another one shouldered dress in a vibrant color for black tie event. This is a great look for her.

I love this look on Meghan. Even though I adore colour this black gown really suits the occasion. It's simple, sleek, elegant. Some longer gold or even diamond earrings next time perhaps, but otherwise near perfect!

Last edited:
This is so coastal US - really well done. I adore the bracelets. The dress is perfection and she looks so happy. Excellent hair. Has anyone figured out the earrings?

I think that the earrings given to her by the prime minister of New Zealand! Meghan was on point tonight... celebrating strong women in her dress, shoes and jewelry!

As much as I've hated all velvet dress, I do think this is a great one. Thank goodness for the black. I don't think I can deal with a colored all velvet dress or, God forbid, a print one. Now, I'm going to go pray that this is where her limit for velvet dress is at. :lol:

I LOVE the dark nail polish with the dress. It definitely adds an edge to it. I just can't imagine this with the neutral nail polish that she's been wearing with this dress. Sorry. :lol: And LOVE the bangles.

BTW, I love that we are finally getting a dress that's originally made to fit a pregnant belly. :lol: I was over the non-pregnant clothes adjusted for pregnant woman thing. But shout out to Baby Sussex. He/She was kinda there last time we saw Meghan, but it's THERE now. :lol:

Last edited:
A dark plum would of been amazing ..same style same accessories.

LaRae

What other superlative is left to use? Meghan walked up those stairs and onto the stage and owned it. She was the very epitome of her pared-down style and I was blown away by how stunningly elegant a "lady in an interesting condition" could look.

Her hair and makeup were minimalist at its very best and her gown was just plain amazing. Black velvet, clinging and draping just as it was designed to and a slit that reiterated that pregnant women can be sexy, (I wonder what she told CWK the dress was for?). Her gold jewellery was quite unique and her high strappy sandals were a delight I thought we would never see on her in public again.

I thought back to all the articles that state the many and mythical "BRF Ladies Fashion rules" and smiled at how her dainty shoes squashed at least four of them.

• No dark coloured nails.
  • Now strappy sandals with eveningwear (or seemingly anywhere).
  • No form-fitting maternity clothes.
  • No public bump cuddling.

Yo! Anyone got any spare pearls for clutching? :D

Yes, dark plum would have looked nice but I love her shape in black velvet.
I'm not sure about the black nails and big ear rings would have fitted.
Meghan looks healthy and very happy for Clare Waight Keller.

Did Meghan take a little attention off the winner by cradling her belly animatedly? Perhaps Clare was speaking about the baby at that point.

Meghan looks nice. I really like the one shoulder design. I will say that I think the shoes are quite ugly though.

I thought back to all the articles that state the many and mythical "BRF Ladies Fashion rules" and smiled at how her dainty shoes squashed at least four of them.

• No dark coloured nails.
  • Now strappy sandals with eveningwear (or seemingly anywhere).
  • No form-fitting maternity clothes.
  • No public bump cuddling.

Yo! Anyone got any spare pearls for clutching? :D

Well considering these mythical fashion rules have already been squashed, I'm surprised anyone still pays any attention to those fashion protocol articles. We've seen strappy sandals, black nail polish and form-fitting maternity clothes on the other women in the BRF.

I think tonight illustrates why so many of Meghan's dresses have come from Givenchy. I think no matter where Clare is working that is where Meghan will be getting a lot of her clothes.

Last edited:
Meghan looks nice. I really like the one shoulder design. I will say that I think the shoes are quite ugly though.

Well considering these mythical fashion rules have already been squashed, I'm surprised anyone still pays any attention to those fashion protocol articles. We've seen strappy sandals, black nail polish and form-fitting maternity clothes on the other women in the BRF.

Yes, especially the strappy sandals and form fitting maternity clothes. And with the strappy sandals there is usually some kind of commentary about the shape of the royal lady's feet, and/or her pedicure, which Meghan was blessedly spared this time around, thank goodness.

Back
Top Bottom