The Duchess of Sussex's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it looked ok. At least the trousers finished at the ankle not the floor.
I agree, just okay.
Really, for the cost, I would expect something exquisite, not something to dismiss as ok.

I thought the interview outfit was good and not outrageously expensive at under £2k. She was appropriately dressed for television and also respectful of the families she met.
How much was Jane Pauley’s outfit, for comparison?

I liked the shade if the photos are a true reflection - it looks like a dusky pink, which suits her colouring.

I agree, just okay.
Really, for the cost, I would expect something exquisite, not something to dismiss as ok.
Very true. Maybe up close you could see quality but it just looked like an off the peg blouse and slacks combo.

I thought the interview outfit was good and not outrageously expensive at under £2k. She was appropriately dressed for television and also respectful of the families she met.
How much was Jane Pauley’s outfit, for comparison?
£2k for a blouse and a pair of trousers that just looked ok. It didn’t look anything special to warrant that money.

The usual biege and sleeves shoved up not rolled up, though not as bad as usual.

They both look good. 😊

Interesting.

“Meanwhile the Duchess is also thought to be working with a stylist for the first time; according to Lauren Sherman's The Line Sheet, the Duchess recently employed Jamie Mizrahi, 'expert celebrity friend-turned-expert celebrity stylist.'”

Another great look from Meghan.

I think Meghan looked lovely. Navy isn’t a colour I really care for but this outfit was well fitted, especially the slim-line pants. Very smart indeed.
Suave and sophisticated, both of them.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
The navy outfit is very nice - interesting and suits her figure .

Off topic comments and posts containing single links only have been removed. Please do also refrain from discussing the fashion choices of the Duke of Sussex. This is the fashion thread for the Duchess of Sussex. Thank you!

She looks good on both the blue outfit and the second one with the prints. (..)

The second outfit, the dress with the reddish and white print seemed to be the same design as her gold strapless NY dress and a print dress worn in Nigeria. There must be a comfort and confidence level for her in the design. The slit in the front of the dress is a bit daring for someone who is going to sit on stages, but Meghan seems to be navigating that successfully.

The second outfit, the dress with the reddish and white print seemed to be the same design as her gold strapless NY dress and a print dress worn in Nigeria. There must be a comfort and confidence level for her in the design. The slit in the front of the dress is a bit daring for someone who is going to sit on stages, but Meghan seems to be navigating that successfully.
I am not convinced the second dress was particularly well suited for the engagement.

But Meghan's repeated use of that designer and style of dress may well be for commercial reasons, and it is entirely possible that she has some form of commercial interest in the designer. Nothing wrong with that, for that is what influencers do.

Joanna Ortiz is a young and upcoming Colombian designer that Meghan likes and has used before. If she likes her designs then she likes them and imo they suit her well. It’s got nothing imo to do with influencing anything.

Last edited:
I quite like the navy outfit, particularly the fit and the length of the trousers which I think suit her frame far more than the floor-skimming ones. Also like the colour and material of the maxi dress, but I'm just not sold on the style of the dress, particularly in the bust area. I thought I'd read somewhere when she wore this dress in the stripey material that it does come with sleeves? It would have been nice to see her mix it up a little.

I don’t understand the bare shoulders during the day. It’s alright for a 16 yo, where this is all the rage, but a 43 yo might reconsider, I think.
That said, the navy look was her best fitting in a long time. Probably the interview one was good enough too but I disn’t see it in full.

The navy trousers suit her really well. I don’t know about the top. I do like peplum but perhaps a three quarter length sleeve. Skin cancer wise you shouldn’t have your shoulders out.

She looks a lot better in the navy than she usually does. I loved a lot of her outfits pre 2020 - maybe not since.

Strange color.... and fabric.... Also as usual Meghan put too much bronzer on her face and forget about the neckline. Hence the difference in color....

It may be a trick of the light, but the top looks to be a different shade than the rest.

Back
Top Bottom