Princess of Wales Undergoing Cancer Treatment

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting, link above is not working for me:

INSTAGRAM:

TWITTER:

What a happy message and what a lovely way to share it. They strike exactly the right tone, wholesome, humble and gracious. Reminding us of those we all know who are having the same battle to fight. I am delighted for the princess and for her family.

What a happy message and what a lovely way to share it. They strike exactly the right tone, wholesome, humble and gracious. Reminding us of those we all know who are having the same battle to fight. I am delighted for the princess and for her family.
Very well stated.

So happy for her and the whole family to have this behind them.

They obviously must have read my post from couple days before 😉

I’m very happy for Cathrine and her family.

The video is nice, but too staged and tear-jerking for me. The Waleses are very private, so C must be really emotional and greatful to release such a video.

I personally found it very moving. The essence shows what a close and happy family they are and explains the -sometimes - ruthlessness of William to protect his family. Its something worth protecting, especially when considering his background of unhappiness. I am glad that he found such a happy and stable relationship with Kate, may it continue for many decades. Without Kates illness, we would have never seen these pictures in public, I'm sure.

Just watched it, brought a lump to my throat and made my eyes water a bit. Beautifully presented.

God bless and protect the Wales family 🩷
I had a similar reaction. I'm very glad to hear from the Princess that she's completed her chemotherapy, but understand that she still has a long road to completely recover.

So happy that HRH The Princess of Wales has finished her chemotherapy. It's nice that she's feeling up to doing some more engagements, but I hope that fulfilling those doesn't occupy too much of her mind. As she stated before, her health and her family are the most important.

The video was lovely. I wonder if some of the non-professional shots were taking by one of the kids.

What good news!:wub:The video is exciting!
Very touching indeed. I hope she stays OK. As she said, the road to recover from cancer unfortunately doesn’t end yet with the end of primary treatment, but she is being well looked after and I am optimistic.

She is lucky to have a loving and well-rounded family.

Good that she’s well etc

But not loving the move into making perfume adverts with the fam. It’s all a bit cringe for me personally.

I have to agree.
Great message but the video was a little overproduced.
Loved to see the behind the scenes family settings, but it looked too staged for me.

Anyway, the important thing is that Kate is doing well. Hope to see her working with her patronages soon.

Really glad to read/hear that Catherine finished her chemotherapy. I hope her recovery process will be smooth without too many setbacks. I am sure she is looking forward to being a bit more out and about - also in doing royal engagements - as that signifies a start to return to 'normal life'. Although life will never fully be what it was before - as they will take this health journey with them as a family into the future.

I personally found it very moving. The essence shows what a close and happy family they are and explains the -sometimes - ruthlessness of William to protect his family. Its something worth protecting, especially when considering his background of unhappiness. I am glad that he found such a happy and stable relationship with Kate, may it continue for many decades. Without Kates illness, we would have never seen these pictures in public, I'm sure.
The level of emotional intelligence exhibited by William is admirable. He’s shown such foresight and self awareness. Somewhere along the way, he decided not to recreate the dysfunction he experienced during his childhood for his children, and he chose a partner who had the foundation for the task. Her illness has probably strengthened their commitment. It’s impossible not to root for people whose priorities are so grounded in love, friendship, family, loyalty. :wub:

I have to agree.
Great message but the video was a little overproduced.
Loved to see the behind the scenes family settings, but it looked too staged for me.

Anyway, the important thing is that Kate is doing well. Hope to see her working with her patronages soon.
Yes, wonderful news but I fear this video may be viewed, in future years, as a bit too “It’s a Royal Knockout.” (1987)
Or even as 1969’s seen once and never again “Royal Family Documentary.”
You know, a good idea perhaps at the time, but historically cringe-worthy.

Last edited:
Kate's message really hits home for every family touched by cancer. I found her words both heartfelt and powerful. While I admit that parts of the video felt a bit polished—almost like something out of Hollywood—it still genuinely moved me.

I also loved seeing her parents included—they, along with William and the kids, must have been such a rock for her during everything

Given that this was obviously made a few weeks ago, does it mean she finished then and is announcing now, or it’s simply being released upon completing her treatment?

The video also made me a bit teary. It was perfectly calibrated in my opinion, and will make a lot of people going through similar things feel less alone.
It’s a bit sappy, but in the context of having made it to the other side of a life threatening illness, I think it’s a very much needed visual representation and celebration of both our vulnerability and shared humanity.

:previous:
That’s my question too: you usually get a break for a few weeks before testing again to determine if you’re cancer free or not. My guess would be that they would have waited for that before this announcement, but that’s just speculation on my part.

Yes, wonderful news but I fear this video may be viewed, in future years, as a bit too “It’s a Royal Knockout.” (1987)
Or even as 1969’s seen once and never again “Royal Family Documentary.”
You know, a good idea perhaps at the time, but historically cringe-worthy.
Perhaps many of us are not so cynical as to view this heartfelt and tender message to those who care as “cringeworthy”. Many of us have been on tenterhooks for months awaiting such a hopeful message, and have no ability to be scornful of ‘production values’ as such. Hurrah for the Wales family!

Given that this was obviously made a few weeks ago, does it mean she finished then and is announcing now, or it’s simply being released upon completing her treatment?
I would think she waited until being given the all clear before making the video ... partly because most people just wouldn't want to tempt fate by making a video like that first, and partly because it would have been very hard to explain to the children that they were making a video but that they didn't yet know the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom