The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 9: November 2018 - November 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like more the first version off the shoulders, It does not look big alteration but I am sure it is a lot of work, and I guess they have fabric left over to do it!
I would like an up do with this dress also

I think it looks much better with sleeves; those Bardot straps worn off-shoulder looked very awkward to me.

(I think it's the same dress; the top is just redone).

Hideous the first time, and still so now... worthy only of a 70's Secretary 'on a night out'...

I wouldn't call it hideous but it is reminiscent of an "Easy-To-Sew" 1970s dress pattern.

I wouldn't call it hideous but it is reminiscent of an "Easy-To-Sew" 1970s dress pattern.

Yes, I guess we all have to face it, the styles of past generations are all the vogue now in every upscale area for the wealthy set. I personally love them. Most are modest and form fitting. We will still see the entertainment "ladies" with body parts exposed and over done make-up and enough jewelry to sink a ship, but not on the classy people. Think old movies and Grace Kelly, etc. Thirty years from now it will all probably swing back to the Hippy look!

Duchess of Cambridge at the reception in Belfast tonight! Elegant with Missoni!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0b3Zk3VsAAy5F5?format=jpg&name=medium

I love this dress. It's very beautiful and elegant. A wonderful dress.

The Duchess of Cambridge at the Portrait Gala in London this evening, March 12, wearing a McQueen dress similar to one she wore in 2017:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** February 2017 **

I don't like this dress. I'm not fond of the design.

Not one my favorites but an improvement on the first variation. Hair up would have been better. She wore a stiff petticoat the first time, this time it looks draggy

The dress looks a lot better with the sleeves. In some photos I like it, in others not so much.

I usually think her hair looks good down but it seems a little messy here.

Yes, I guess we all have to face it, the styles of past generations are all the vogue now in every upscale area for the wealthy set. I personally love them. Most are modest and form fitting. We will still see the entertainment "ladies" with body parts exposed and over done make-up and enough jewelry to sink a ship, but not on the classy people. Think old movies and Grace Kelly, etc. Thirty years from now it will all probably swing back to the Hippy look!

My favourite retro styles on Catherine are the ones inspired by Dior's New Look. I have photos of my mother looking amazing (she's tall & slim too) & it's such a flattering silhouette. The Queen (average height) looked fabulous in this style too.

White was a good choice for Catherine, it went with the colors of the RVO and RFO, is on both nations' flags, and is neutral politically (you know the press would have had a field day if she wore red or blue due to their American political associations).

Stunning appearance by the duchess enhanced by the jewels and orders and a really beautiful hairstyle.

Love the earrings and seeing her orders...normally love McQueen but it's a bit flat for me...likely the color.

This is a truly horrid dress.

Kate continues to water down McQueen.

I do love her hair though.

The DoC rarely disappoints at formal occasions and tonight is no exception.

She looks absolutely stunning and perfect!

Okay, you can throw tomatoes at me. I do not like the Princess’ dress. The style is fine, but the little rows of ruffles have to go. I am sorry to say, back in the 1950’s to 1960’s, I went to many ethnic funerals...the ruffles remind me of the inside of a coffin. I asked my mom why so many ruffles....answer was that was the way the living liked the inside of a coffin to look. Loose the ruffles...little rows of ruffles.... okay throw tomatoes I have my helmet on.

Okay, you can throw tomatoes at me. I do not like the Princess’ dress. The style is fine, but the little rows of ruffles have to go. I am sorry to say, back in the 1950’s to 1960’s, I went to many ethnic funerals...the ruffles remind me of the inside of a coffin. I asked my mom why so many ruffles....answer was that was the way the living liked the inside of a coffin to look. Loose the ruffles...little rows of ruffles.... okay throw tomatoes I have my helmet on.

Several folks here aren't that crazy about the dress this year. I doubt you'll have to dodge tomatoes!

LaRae

I think Her Royal Highness looks amazing. Very regal and looking like a future Queen.

While I'm glad to see Princess Catherine in sash and order at last, I'm neutral on the gown because the frills look a bit small for her height. The Duchess of Cambridge wears a lot of clothes; does anyone know if she borrows or if she owns her fabulous wardrobe?

Count me as a no on the dress. Just too much frill for me. Her hair does look amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom