The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 31: April - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has their own opinion, which is proper. I find this yellow outfit on Catherine perfect. The fit on her slim model figure perfect. No pulling or bunching. The hat a great bit of classy whimsy to offset the elegant cut of the outfit. I am thrilled that she didn't ruin the look with brooches and other eye-catching jewelry. JMO

She looked stunning. Not very many people can pull off that shade of yellow.

Agreed. I really like the cross detail too. Makes the dress imo.

She looks good in yellow. And the hat looks fabulous on her. That style really works on her.

Hair looks amazing.
I have to agree. The Trooping of the Colour ensemble was a major letdown. I loathed the white coat dress the first time out as it drains the colour right out of her face and this latest occasion was no better. Her millinery accessory was, however, absolutely to die for.

The gorgeous flowing soft butter coloured ensemble was a major surprise and I thought the dress with its gored longer skirt and incredible flattering front wrap feature gave her an enviable shape and that delectable hat perched perfectly on a really flattering updo looked really pretty against her brunette hair.

Her previous jubilee outfits were much better imho. I guess this one is somewhat practical for the event?! Because it might be red but to me it is still a dull outfit.

:previous: yes, despite the bright colour it still looks bland. I dislike the collar part especially. I like that she picked navy heels for this outfit though.

I normally do not like to see the DoC in these long straight coat/dresses because I don't believe they flatter her figure. I am also not happy to see the same bright orange/paired with dark shoes color combo we got from Princess Eugenie yesterday.

But unlike Eugenie, the DoC makes the entire thing work. I really like how she has pulled her hair into a high ponytail.

The gold highlights at the ends work beautifully with the color of the outfit.

She is the red dragon of Wales? :cool:

:previous: yes, despite the bright colour it still looks bland. I dislike the collar part especially. I like that she picked navy heels for this outfit though.

Underneath her coat was a navy colored dress.

The Duchess of Cambridge pulled off the ponytail with perfection,the long red coat was tad too much for early June.

It looked like she took the coat from a cardinal...
I am still not a fan of this lenght, whereas the colour was okay.

Also not a fan of the ponytail this time, it makes her look even harsher in the face.

The Duchess of Cambridge wearing a nice Brora blouse and a pair of jeans while making cakes for a Cardiff street party today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Blouse **

:previous:

It's a classical pattern.

At the Platinum Pageant today the Duchess of Cambridge is wearing a strong shade of pink:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge wearing a nice Brora blouse and a pair of jeans while making cakes for a Cardiff street party today:

The pink and white blouse is really cute. Love it.

Her white belted outfit last night was nice too. The Cambridges were decked out in red, white and blue for the occasion. How appropriate.

At the Platinum Pageant today the Duchess of Cambridge is wearing a strong shade of pink:

She looks good in that shade of pink.

Last edited by a moderator:

The berry pink is not a colour we see Catherine in often, but IMO, it works well for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Overall, I’ve liked each of her outfits this weekend. Lovely bright colours and nice mixture of styles . Particularly like the way she has worn her hair on each occasion.

The berry pink is not a colour we see Catherine in often, but IMO, it works well for her.

Reminds me of a style queen Letizia would wear especially with Catherine's hair worn down.

That's a beautiful colour on her. I would love it more if it gets rid of either the sash thing across her chest or the bishop sleeves, and it needs some ironing.

The pink dress is great.

The blue polka dots is a little too Diana-ish, and not in a good way, aside from not really suiting her.

The blue polka dots is a little too Diana-ish, and not in a good way, aside from not really suiting her.

Diana-ish? Did not realise Diana had a monopoly on polka dots. ?

Diana-ish? Did not realise Diana had a monopoly on polka dots. ?

No, but I find it highly reminiscent of her style. The less-flattering end. So not only does it not suit Catherine, it's unnecessarily invoking her mother-in-law, too, accidentally or deliberately.

No, but I find it highly reminiscent of her style. The less-flattering end. So not only does it not suit Catherine, it's unnecessarily invoking her mother-in-law, too, accidentally or deliberately.

I think polka dots were fashionable in the mid-1980s, Diana may have worn clothes with dots a few times, and perhaps, for you, that may be a lasting memory. I can only speak from my perspective, I do not associate polka dots with Diana, and I do not think Catherine is, in any way, invoking either Diana or the 1980s by wearing polka dots.

I think polka dots were fashionable in the mid-1980s, Diana may have worn clothes with dots a few times, and perhaps, for you, that may be a lasting memory. I can only speak from my perspective, I do not associate polka dots with Diana, and I do not think Catherine is, in any way, invoking either Diana or the 1980s by wearing polka dots.

Edit: https://www.townandcountrymag.com/style/fashion-trends/g28367509/princess-diana-polka-dots-style/ And if you Google "Diana polka dots", which is how I found this, I'm sure there are more.

That's fine that you don't associate polka dots of any size with Diana. My point was not that Catherine is actually invoking her, even as I said, accidentally, but that it looks like something Diana would have worn. And it doesn't flatter her.

Now can we get back to the Duchess's wardrobe?

Last edited:

But 90% of what Kate wears is like its taken out of Dianas wardrobe, so no surprise here.

I dislike the blouse.

I only like the color.

Lovely the pink color!!

and the Duchess attend a Jubilee lunch at Kensington Memorial Park this morning.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FUgOAN5XoAAi_fw?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.instagram.com/p/CebjN8SOrpi/?hl=el

I dislike the design but I love the colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom