The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 25: January 2019 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing red Catherine Walker for the Commonwealth Day Service.

*Full View*

*Close Up*

*2014 Outing*

I adore the colour, the hat is lovely but those buttons completely ruin it for me. They are far too prominent and add nothing to the outfit. Catherine has really upped her game visually in terms of outfits, she's really taken the "be seen" motto well.

I love the coat. Very beautiful and elegant. A divine look.

:previous:

A slightly better view on her look today - she's wearing a Gucci blouse and trousers from Jigsaw:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I love the blouse but not the pants. Nevertheless, the blouse is a beautiful shade of purple.

Catherine's purple blouse is gorgeous but the trousers let the outfit down. Looks as if she got some style advice from GD Stephanie :ermm:

Love the colour, love the cut and style, wish she hadn't worn it back to front. As for the HGD Stephanie trousers", Meh!

Looks as if she got some style advice from GD Stephanie :ermm:

Stephanie’s in London; maybe she let Kate borrow her trousers.

Poor Stephanie has been beleaguered for her trousers for YEARS. I find it hilarious that she’s now been vindicated by this becoming fashionable again and the ‘’it’’ royals, like Meghan and Catherine, wearing them.
If I was in her place I’d be ? ? every time I saw them worn.

Last edited:
Poor Stephanie has been beleaguered for her trousers for YEARS. I find it hilarious that she’s now been vindicated by this becoming fashionable again and the ‘’it’’ royals, like Meghan and Catherine, wearing them.
If I was in her place I’d be ? ? every time I saw them worn.

Perhaps “beleaguered” is too strong a word? After all, no one is standing outside the Palace shouting, ‘Throw out your trousers, Steph!’ :ohmy:

i liked the outfit, mainly because it highlights kate's statuesque figure. i liked how those trousers fitted the first time she wore them and also this one (i agree though that trousers that drag across the floor are a bit gross and i wouldn't pick them for myself but kate surely has an army of people to take care of her clothes).

Stephanie’s in London; maybe she let Kate borrow her trousers.

did they officially move?

Not quite sure what "officially move" might mean, but I understand Guillame is studying for a year in London.

i liked the outfit, mainly because it highlights kate's statuesque figure. i liked how those trousers fitted the first time she wore them and also this one (i agree though that trousers that drag across the floor are a bit gross and i wouldn't pick them for myself but kate surely has an army of people to take care of her clothes).

Kate is not 'statuesque' she is too small framed and slim to carry that term off.

LaRae

Perhaps “beleaguered” is too strong a word? After all, no one is standing outside the Palace shouting, ‘Throw out your trousers, Steph!’ :ohmy:

beleaguered
adjective
-experiencing a lot of problems or strong criticism
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/beleaguered

If you go and read her fashion thread here or any other royal fashion blog there was very strong criticism. If the same way was spoken about Kate or Meghan the mods would shut it down in a second.

Ah, but she wasn’t personally disturbed. Unless she reads TRF, she can’t know how roundly her pants have been criticized! She just keeps on happily wearing them.

Nice outfit but it becomes boring too be in green always in St Patrick's day. Is it an obligation?

Of course but mainly green

That would be because it is St. Patrick's Day, and green is the color associated with it, so green will probably always be the preferred color.

Nice outfit but it becomes boring too be in green always in St Patrick's day. Is it an obligation?

Its more traditional rather than an obligation and its only once a year ;)

The colour green is a beautiful colour on the duchess.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 25: January 2019 -

I like the green outfit. Her hair and earrings are lovely too. I’m not a huge fan of fascinators, but this one looks really good. I like the floral design.

It’s St Patrick’s Day- and she’s attending a St Patrick’s Day event. It makes sense to wear green.

I just wish she would wear another shade of green. There are so many lovely shades of green but she seems to always wear what I call forest green.

I also wish she would come up with another way to wear her hair up. To me, that style looks like a bad wig from a "B" movie set in the time of Queen Victoria.

I think the hair looks very natural, excepting the net around the lower back loop. But I like a good plait every now and then.

Her corsage, with one exception, gets bigger every year. I am not a fan of the faux shamrock created with the 3 leaves. The florist gets points for the effort if not the execution.

Here in the US (elsewhere too?) they sell a large leaved Oxalis (shamrock) https://www.logees.com/variegated-green-shamrock-plant-oxalis-triangularis.html especially at this time of year, but not so much the variety Kate aways gets to wear.

It's a beautiful coat in an almost military cut, so very appropriate for the event. Catherine looks lovely, but as always on St. Patrick's Day, for me the real star of the show is the Irish wolfhound!

Love the look.

However, I do question why she has to get a new green coat most years, and can't just reuse the same one or two, perhaps styling it somewhat differently.

She has also worn brown.

But even when she wore brown, the ensemble, from memory, had green accents.

Last edited by a moderator:
But even when she wore brown, the ensemble, from memory, had green accents.

I may not be recalling correctly, but I think the green accents were from the shamrocks. Her hat and accessories were brown or brownish. I don't remember the jewelry.

I may not be recalling correctly, but I think the green accents were from the shamrocks. Her hat and accessories were brown or brownish. I don't remember the jewelry.

You are remembering correctly :flowers:

https://ca.hellomagazine.com/fashio...ton-st-patricks-day-outfits-over-the-years/1/

I honestly wonder with as many green coat dresses as she has, why she needed a new one.:ermm:

That said this one is one of my favorites she owns. And certainly the best one she has worn to this event. So glad she didn't go for a military feel with the big double breasted buttons she does often for military events. It always come across as costumey. This is a very elegant coat, and could be worn for non-military events. The style is quite flattering on her.

Her hair looks lovely up. ?

Never a fan of fascinators and this one is no exception.

But over all a great look, hat aside, for her. :flowers:

I like the entire outfit, including the hat.
But it does seem as if Kate has many similar green coats, and could just repeat one of those.

I suspect designers/helpers/friends will be coming up with green coat suggestions for her for years to come. It will become a cliche as she does this event every year. Eventually there will be repeats, but I think someone will always be in her ear saying "this would be great in green for the St. Pat's day review."

Green is a really great color, but fashion-wise it tends to come and go. Kate usually does wear these picks at other times of year. I bet we see the fascinator next or some other Christmas?

Remember the year her spike heel got caught in the sewer drain? Gallant hubby to the rescue! It's nice to see this sensible stack heel on the parade ground. I think it also a good looking shoe.

Very pretty look from the Duchess. It looks very McQueen with the hip flaps and buttons, adding some small heft to her very slim hip area with a good result. I am in the group who thinks she could reuse some coats. Her hair, hat, earrings, and collar are adding up to a very pretty portrait. Is the hat new too? So prefer the block heel rather than the spike heels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom