The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 25: January 2019 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely in green today. Glad no belt on the coat, looks better. the black accessories are good with this and she can handle black next to her face. Hairdo is perfect for the weather and the earrings are cheery. The dress is plain work wear, a good thing.

The coat is great. I love the color on her. Lovely style :flowers:

I love that she wore her hair back. And great earrings ?

Not a fan of the peacock print blouse/dress. Not a fan of animal prints often, and I include peacock in that. Depending on the color, they can be done right but not fan here. But overall still a great look.

Not a fan of either looks. The pastel dress is too old for her and looks like it's hanging off her.

The second blouse combo is meh.

I really like the coat but what I love is how she looks with her hair pulled back like that. Very pretty. She should wear it back more often.

Great look for today!!! Love dark green on her, the coat is beautiful! I have mixed feeling about peacock prints, but the dress is lovely. But what I love the most is her hair!!! Ponytail suits her!!! And it was a great solution for a rainy day!

That sums up my thoughts.

Her hair looked so good in the wrapped pony tail.

The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing red Catherine Walker for the Commonwealth Day Service.

*Full View*

*Close Up*

*2014 Outing*

I adore the colour, the hat is lovely but those buttons completely ruin it for me. They are far too prominent and add nothing to the outfit. Catherine has really upped her game visually in terms of outfits, she's really taken the "be seen" motto well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kate looks good...new earrings!

LaRae

A very elegant and striking outfit - the shoes and clutch-bag colour is perfect foil for the vibrancy of the outfit.

Fabulous outfit & she looks wonderful in it.

I wish the buttons aren't that shiny, but still a nice outfit anyway. The hat is not so right to me, maybe not in the best position. Wish it turn slightly with the bow facing the left side rather the back. Both duchesses have a millinery fail today I think.

Catherine Walker certainly knows how to fit a coat. I'm not a huge fan of multiple shiny buttons, but I love this look today. I liked it when she wore it the last time, and I think it looks even better on Catherine for this appearance. The sleeker hair and the addition of the hat take it over the top.

Catherine gets my vote for best dressed today. The coat and hat are lovely. Although I would love the coat even more if the shiny buttons were removed and replaced with buttons that were covered it the same material as the coat.

Very nice. She looks so good in red. These buttons aren’t my favorite either, but it’s a minor thing.

I particularly like her hair and earrings. Looks fabulous.

I think everyone looked good in their dresses/coats, and this is a great style and colour on Kate but I've liked none of the hats.

Beautiful coat; red always works for her.

However, I am not keen on the hat. It's not terrible, but doesn't add much. The shape doesn't flatter.

Catherine gets my vote for best dressed today. The coat and hat are lovely. Although I would love the coat even more if the shiny buttons were removed and replaced with buttons that were covered it the same material as the coat.

Yes, I too think she looked the best. The buttons don't bother me at all as they are "Mother of Pearl" which we all wore back in the 50s and 60s. This style of coat is exactly that memory. Very feminine and upscale in those days. I do wish she had stayed with her prior hat though. Hate those things sitting on the forehead instead of proper placement of a hat on head. JMHO

Lovely colour and the coat fits beautifully but I am totally distracted by all those buttons. Looking forward to getting some news about the earrings on the jewellery thread.

Catherine looks stunning and she's one of my favourites, fashion-wise, from today, too.

The color is wonderful on her. Will say it again, red is her color :flowers:

But those buttons :bang: Sorry, but rarely are double breasted giant buttons a good look. It would have been okay if at least the color of the coat. But the mother of pearl buttons are just screaming for attention.

Stunning earrings. And beautiful elegant updo ?

But sadly, like the other women, a total hat flop day.

This outfit is truly hideous. This is one of her worst coats IMO and I had hoped she burned it after NZ. Alas, she seems to have held on to it.

Of all her coats she has only ever worn once, why repeat this mess? Shame because red is lovely on her.

Not one of my favorites, too many large buttons and dislike that type of small hat, her hair is nicely styled

It's a beautiful shade of red on the Duchess of Cambridge, and I think the hat is fine, if a bit small. The style of the hat isn't my favorite of what I've seen her wear. I too feel there are way too many buttons on the front of her coat dress, which makes the look a bit distracting. But she wears it well overall.

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but Duchess Kate has obviously been lightening her hair. It has seemed gradually all over lighter than it used to be.

Last edited:
:previous:

A slightly better view on her look today - she's wearing a Gucci blouse and trousers from Jigsaw:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but NO! Those pants do not suit her body frame, and she looks swallowed in them. She needs more tapered pants.

I do LOVE that slight ***** bow blouse in that beautiful soft lilac color, but the pants kills the whole look. This would have looked so much better with a pencil skirt if she wanted to do separates.

Ok..I love the blouse and the color...but those slacks do nothing for her. The overall look is odd to me. It's not the right style of trousers for her.

LaRae

That's because the proportions are off. Either the top or the bottom has to be fitted for this look to work. She could have styled the blouse with a pencil skirt or the pants with a more fitted top. Having both separate pieces loosy goosy looks a bit messy to me. Alas, I don't think this style of pants suit her at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would of looked wonderful with a pencil skirt.

LaRae

The pants remind me of the ground-touching style of the pants Meghan wore at Wimbledon last July. I really like this look on Kate though! The purple color of the blouse is fabulous for her. And I like the handbag too with the handle (another Meghan style influence).

I guess many don't like the baggy pants, touch-the-ground look. I wouldn't wear it myself, but Kate carries this off very well, and especially so because of her lean athletic look, and her height.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom