The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 25: January 2019 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the blouse, and the color is wonderful on Catherine. I am happy that she is wearing trousers, but these particular ones are not good; it's a tricky style to wear, and Kate didn't manage to pull it off.

This blouse is to die for ! Such a wonderful colour !

Okay, maybe the pants don't work that well with being so baggy and she's long-waisted. But IMO, it's not bad. Her hair is gorgeous, and the large soft bow on the blouse is a lovely accent. I hope Kate wears this blouse again with a skirt. I don't think she used to wear trousers too often previously to public outings.

The blouse is beautiful. That shade of lavender is so pretty. I love her purse. I’d like one!

I’m not a big fan of the over sized trouser look in general, but it seems to be a trend. I’ll give her credit for going a bit out of her usual style today. I think this is maybe the second time she’s worn slacks. I’m in the minority in that I think she carries it off fairly well. It’s not stunning on her, but not really bad either imo.

Kate looks wonderful in purple shades, and I like it when she mixes high street items with designer pieces.

But those pants wouldn't look good on anyone, imo, and I hate hems dragging on the ground.

The blouse is beautiful. That shade of lavender is so pretty. I love her purse. I’d like one!

I’m not a big fan of the over sized trouser look in general, but it seems to be a trend. I’ll give her credit for going a bit out of her usual style today. I think this is maybe the second time she’s worn slacks. I’m in the minority in that I think she carries it off fairly well. It’s not stunning on her, but not really bad either imo.

IMO the trousers were selected because they'd provide the maximum amount of room to sit crosslegged on the floor, bend, twist and reach for items on the rug.

In the future though, I do agree that the blouse would be great with a slim fitting skirt, but that would not have been practical for today's event.

The sleeves on the blouse seem a tad short to me, but it could be due to the angle the photos were taken. The colour's nice.

Also, seeing how I find her casual pants/jeans way too tight 90% of the time, these are a nice change. They don't seem as baggy as the ones she wore when she and William went to...Malta (??) around Christmas time for the Christmas party with the military folks.

I like the blouse, but not the trousers. It may well be a trend, but I just don't like trousers that skim the ground. To me, they are just not elegant. That said, credit to her for stepping out of her comfort zone, and trying something different.

The sleeves on the blouse seem a tad short to me, but it could be due to the angle the photos were taken. The colour's nice.

Also, seeing how I find her casual pants/jeans way too tight 90% of the time, these are a nice change. They don't seem as baggy as the ones she wore when she and William went to...Malta (??) around Christmas time for the Christmas party with the military folks.

The trousers Catherine wore to Cyprus were much more streamlined than these, which are on the droopy, draggy end of the spectrum.

I like the whole outfit especially that blouse really gorgeous. I only saw one picture of the trousers but it seems fine to me but I do not like the dragging on the floor part

I love the blouse- I have a similar style but in cotton and in white and gray.. but oh Catherine my love, you’ve been wearing too many non British brands lately, please don’t go down that path.
I can’t begrudge anyone for expensive shoes, shoes is one thing I am also willing to overspend because a bad shoe can literally hurt you in the long run.

At least she balanced it out with other British brands.
But yea, those trousers needed a bit of hamming.

Other than that? An A++ look from the duchess.

I love the blouse- I have a similar style but in cotton and in white and gray.. but oh Catherine my love, you’ve been wearing too many non British brands lately, please don’t go down that path.
I can’t begrudge anyone for expensive shoes, shoes is one thing I am also willing to overspend because a bad shoe can literally hurt you in the long run.

At least she balanced it out with other British brands.
But yea, those trousers needed a bit of hamming.

Other than that? An A++ look from the duchess.

Catherine's always worn a balanced mix of British and foreign brands, so no need to worry! She also has mostly (always?) chosen to wear British for the big and most important royal events, so at this point I thinks she's got a good sense when it's important to fly the flag.

Lovely colour - the style is Sloaney c1980 so to me it looks old fashioned (did it the 1st time around!) but maybe it counts as retro now?

I won't mention the hair again (my own daughter the same age has this hair too & she tells me to "Change the record Ma". :)

Catherine always looks lovely & seems very comfortable in her clothes, which is a large part of what style is all about: the confidence to wear what makes you feel good.

I like the simplicity of this outfit. The blouse is gorgeous on Catherine. I would recommend hemming the pants just a little though.

The “English rose” looks wonderful in orchid.

I am thrilled that Catherine is wearing trousers today and, combined with the blouse, it is a beautiful and elegant look - as well as being a new look that is always refreshing!

Is it just me or are her clothes changing?? Don’t get me wrong.. I love this outfit, but I would have expected this on Meghan and not Kate.

I am thrilled that Catherine is wearing trousers today and, combined with the blouse, it is a beautiful and elegant look - as well as being a new look that is always refreshing!

Gorgeous outfit on the duchess today and that purple blouse is an amazing colour on her.

The blouse is very pretty. But the trousers - is there nothing between so tight we see the outline of her privates and something so big they qualify as clown pants? I don't understand the dragging on the ground and I remember when it was big back in the 70s. Pant hems dragging in the street are just gross and will be frayed in no time. I also don't understand wearing trousers that drag the ground and then going to a kids nursery and bringing all that nastiness with her.

Love this look. Such a refreshing change and much preferable to the matronly dresses she has worn recently.

The trousers Catherine wore to Cyprus were much more streamlined than these, which are on the droopy, draggy end of the spectrum.

These are the same trousers she wore to Cyprus, she’s just wearing different shoes with them.

December -
https://whatkatewore.com/wp-content...-by-Side-Product-Shot-Mar-12-2019-768x630.jpg
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uvPFtNGc...nDnO8lb-YgCLcBGAs/s1600/kate+raf+akrotiri.jpg

Today -
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-p00E0RYT...fyoF6R7Cbyg5syibtfuBwCLcBGAs/s1600/imar21.jpg
https://whatkatewore.com/wp-content...ucci-Blouse-Jigsaw-Trousers-March-12-2019.jpg

I surprised to see her wear Gucci again despite the controversy around the brand. Not the wisest decision IMO.

That aside, I think she looks smashing today. Fresh, professional.

Catherine has slender hips and these pants really highlight that. They don't suit her - they don't suit any woman with slender hips.

But those pants are the best tailored wide-pants I have ever seen. I love wide pants - and I am waiting for them to make a comeback here in Australia - I am sick of skinny/tight pants.

Kate has been enjoying a range of Italian designers lately.

I love the blouse. Its a stunning color. And for once the retro vibe works for me here. :flowers:

I love she is wearing trousers. But not a fan of these. Too wide on her frame.

Catherine has slender hips and these pants really highlight that. They don't suit her - they don't suit any woman with slender hips.

But those pants are the best tailored wide-pants I have ever seen. I love wide pants - and I am waiting for them to make a comeback here in Australia - I am sick of skinny/tight pants.
I fully agree with you. Because Catherine is slender on her hips, this pants made it even more noticiable, but in a bad way. Every woman has their own body type and I think we all need to love for what we are, but there are clothes that are unflattering based on the boby type, and this pants is one of those clothes that can hardly make a person look good. But she doesn't look terrible, but it's just not her best look.

BUT, I love the blouse and the color. Really nice :flowers:

Thanks for posting that. I can hardly believe they are the same pants, it shows how much camera angles influence what we perceive.

Kate looks wonderful in purple shades, and I like it when she mixes high street items with designer pieces.

But those pants wouldn't look good on anyone, imo, and I hate hems dragging on the ground.

I like the blouse, but not the trousers. It may well be a trend, but I just don't like trousers that skim the ground. To me, they are just not elegant. That said, credit to her for stepping out of her comfort zone, and trying something different.

I agree that if you have the ability to experiment and have fun with your wardrobe, why not? Royals don't have to worry about cleaning or purchasing their working wardrobes. ;) Anyway, I much prefer to see Kate working it and taking chances rather than being so prim, proper and conservative, as she's had a tendency to do on occasion. She's been changing things up a bit recently, even though it's hard to always hit a homerun for any royal, as they are always on display in public.

The whole skimming the ground thing is interesting. I wonder how they don't end up tripping, especially wearing heels that might get caught in the pants hems. I never cease to wonder how Kate and Meghan both have continued to wear heels in public well into their pregnancies. But I guess the long baggy pants is a trend. Meghan also wore that style in Scotland last year, in addition to Wimbledon. It is a style that seems to have a casual, nonchalant edge to it. And I suppose it can be edgy elegant if you can pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom