State Funeral of HM Queen Elizabeth II: 19 September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my goodness.

The Sky Boat Song.

Real lump in the throat.:sad:

Last edited:
The only rationale I can think of for having Beatrix, Maxima & W-A in the front row is that Beatrix was a Queen Regnant, like HM The Queen.
Juan Carlos of Spain is a former monarch, too, who came to the throne 5 years previous to Beatrix and the spanish Royals occupied "only" row 2 as well...

The bagpipes were playing My Home and The Mist Covered Mountains - same as at the Queen Mother's funeral procession and we had the bagpipes play those tunes at my father's funeral too. Very poignant yet uplifting at the same time.

It is a lovely wreath, I like that it isn't just white as many funeral wreaths are.
i thought it was a very lovely looking wreath

Prince Andrew looked very emotional to me when he thanked the visitors at balmoral, now here too. I was a bit surprised, I didn't think he would show it so openly.

Oh gosh, the Queen's corgis' standing by as the hearse enters the quadrangle

I'm so nervous when the coffin is being carried, especially up a flight of stairs. I could never do something as tricky as that. Everyone involved in this task over the various locations has done a superb job.

They made it up without incident, phew...

Crown Prince Frederik appears not to be at St Georges Chapel along with Queen Letizia.

Savannah and Isla Phillips along with the Mia Tindall have joined the royal party.

Last edited:
I am very emotional now. Feels like a proper family funeral and I keep see her sitting along 17 months ago. We will miss her. Oh my we will qnd an era has done.

Nice to see more of her great grandchildren in attendance at Windsor. Very nice curries and bows from the Phillips girls.

Could it be only the European Royals that are KG attending the Windsor service?

Is this the first time Meghan is in St George’s chapel since her wedding?

I'm watching it on CNN here in Upstate NY, USA. It's so moving, I've never seen such a beautiful and sad moment in history uniting everyone on the planet. May she rest in peace with her beloved late family. This moment shows the World was a better place with her in it as the Queen.

I saw Earl Spencer. Does any know if the Duke of Westminster is there?

Interesting that the Earl of St. Andrews children are seated in the outer part of the church and not with the rest of the family.

Is that Pss Theodora, sitting next to the Crown Princess of Greece?

Taking off the Instruments of State really got to me.

I hope they don’t feel left out as family. I always feel bad for the people in the back. I know it is mostly audio and it would be improper to have TV screens. But there is something to be seen at this part, and I just think everyone in the back is craning their necks for a look.

Oh my, they just played God Save the King and Charles stood up and then looked kind of broken.

Oh, goodness. You could see the tears in Charles' eyes. God bless them for the strength they will need in a few more hours for the final, private internment service. May they all have some time to rest and reflect in the life of their most wonderful mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, aunt, and cousin.

When Queen Elizabeth’s coffin began to sink down to the vaults beneath the chapel it just made me tear up (again.) That was powerful.

Oh my, they just played God Save the King and Charles stood up and then looked kind of broken.

Hearing that has to be difficult. What a reminder that his mother is gone.

Back
Top Bottom