"Spare" memoir by the Duke of Sussex (2023)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. While Diana loved both of her sons, she claimed William was her soulmate and she used him for emotional support. I don't consider that a good thing for William, but I can see why Harry would resent their bond.

Another thing that nags at me is that Diana made it known that Charles wanted his second child to be a girl and was disappointed when they had a second boy. Even worse, Diana made it known that Harry's birth was the beginning of the end of the marriage.
I agree; I’ve always thought it was awful of Diana to share those things - who lets a child know their parent wished they’d been the opposite sex? Or that their birth was the beginning of the end of their parent’s marriage? I can’t remember exactly how old Diana was when Harry was born - so her youthful immaturity could have been part of that. But her statements always bothered me too.

From things I’ve read, William served as a confidante to Diana, she cried and confided in hIm. How inappropriate and awful for William - especially at that age!

Still reading tonight and I can't believe no one's mentioned that Harry doubles down, in Part 3, Ch 48, about the "small ceremony" three days before the wedding, which has been factually disproven since Meghan first made the claim in the Oprah interview...
I thought the Archbishop of Canterbury was either out of or in another part of the country the “three days before.” I certainly see doing vows on your own but I would not call that “getting married.” Some folks have said it was a rehearsal: IMHO they would do a rehearsal in the wedding space not in a backyard . The reason for this is choreography so everyone knows what they are doing.

After all the contradictions , wailing etc from not only Spare , but interviews , I'm waiting to hear of of what I, at least consider an inevitable future project involving the new "fab four ", of H & M & Princess Martha Louise & Durek Verrett . What a combo . I mean the Dss of S sings to seal's , they sing back , P Martha Louise talk's to angel's, they answer . H & Verrett are both in awe of their Goddesses .
On a more serious note although it will be painful for the King , I believe that he cannot have private meetings with H & M , because neither of them know the meaning of the word . They have both shown that they can happily twist any words to paint themselves as victims & are happy to rewrite the past to suite their narrative . That is not going to end as long as it is providing them with the income & platform they want / need .

Still reading tonight and I can't believe no one's mentioned that Harry doubles down, in Part 3, Ch 48, about the "small ceremony" three days before the wedding, which has been factually disproven since Meghan first made the claim in the Oprah interview...

Why would Prince Harry be frightened of crowds?
On Prince William's wedding day, Harry rode in an open landau carriage where numerous people could see him.

Why would Prince Harry be frightened of crowds?
On Prince William's wedding day, Harry rode in an open landau carriage where numerous people could see him.

The two have just created their own reality I think.

Best ignore.

I'm still chuckling at the post that had a picture of the crown monogrammed "door mat" from the fan girl Bryony Gordon puff piece.

Speaking of door mats, I wonder if Harry has Staff there in California address them as Your Royal Highness ? And bows ? If I had to bet, I would say yes.

Isn’t Montecito and the areas around it, one of those places in California that have been heavily impacted by floods, storms, mudslides etc? I know that was being reported, along with reports of mass evacuations of residents at around the time ‘Spare’ was released.

So, all things considered, I think Meghan has had more on her plate over the last couple of weeks than appearing alongside Harry when he was speaking with Anderson Cooper, Stephen Colbert etc. She was probably in LA with their children.
Last Monday, Prince Harry's two interviews with Tom Bradby and Anderson Cooper were broadcast on French television.

Monday evening around 8 p.m., a channel had selected the best moments of the interview conducted by Anderson Cooper, it lasted about 15 minutes. They were just over 2.84 million curious. No Harry effect, as this is the usual audience for this channel at the moment.

Then, after 11 p.m., another channel broadcast Tom Bradby's interview in its entirety, but there were barely more than 1 million French people watching TV to be interested in Harry. The reason why the television channel has chosen to broadcast it so late is that Prince Harry does not interest the French too much.

Reviews in newspapers, radio as well as on internet blogs in France have been satirical, mocking and appalled at Harry's complete lack of self-awareness. All he did was complain about his situation as "poor little Harry and poor little orphan Meghan" (remember "the family she never had"). Everyone is mean, except them of course.

As for the book, it makes huge sales, but not a lot in France.
It's a hit in other countries, because its ghostwriter is talented, and Harry is a royal who sells his family and inheritance for money.
But that doesn't mean it's a good book or that Harry is a good, popular, or well-liked person. It only means that he is part of one of the most famous, notorious and important families in global society, and people are curious by nature and eager to know what is going on behind the scenes of this family.
For 2 years, the public has been witnessing the fall of the Sussexes, it has become a live soap opera, people are waiting for the sequel, because it is not over.
Harry is now on the same level as the tabloids: the gutter.
We look forward to memories of her alter ego as a wife.

Curryong , Sorry, I didn't mean to reply to your post, I made a mistake.

Harry calls the ceremony in the garden ‘unofficial and non-binding, except in our souls’. Nowhere does he call it legal, a C of E blessing, just very special to both of them I would guess.

so why Did Megahn refer to it as a wedding, which she liked more than the spectacle for the common masses?

so why Did Megahn refer to it as a wedding, which she liked more than the spectacle for the common masses?
Curryong is responding to the post above hers which states that in the book Harry "double downs" on Meghan's assertion that they got married three days earlier than the event at St. George's. While Harry does refer to it as a ceremony, he also calls it unofficial and non-binding with two dogs serving as witnesses.

Curryong is responding to the post above hers which states that in the book Harry "double downs" on Meghan's assertion that they got married three days earlier than the event at St. George's. While Harry does refer to it as a ceremony, he also calls it unofficial and non-binding with two dogs serving as witnesses.
This is so funny to me. Two dogs don’t count as witnesses. They really are in their own world.

Last Monday, Prince Harry's two interviews with Tom Bradby and Anderson Cooper were broadcast on French television.

Monday evening around 8 p.m., a channel had selected the best moments of the interview conducted by Anderson Cooper, it lasted about 15 minutes. They were just over 2.84 million curious. No Harry effect, as this is the usual audience for this channel at the moment.

Then, after 11 p.m., another channel broadcast Tom Bradby's interview in its entirety, but there were barely more than 1 million French people watching TV to be interested in Harry. The reason why the television channel has chosen to broadcast it so late is that Prince Harry does not interest the French too much.

Reviews in newspapers, radio as well as on internet blogs in France have been satirical, mocking and appalled at Harry's complete lack of self-awareness. All he did was complain about his situation as "poor little Harry and poor little orphan Meghan" (remember "the family she never had"). Everyone is mean, except them of course.

It's a hit in other countries, because its ghostwriter is talented, and Harry is a royal who sells his family and inheritance for money.
But that doesn't mean it's a good book or that Harry is a good, popular, or well-liked person. It only means that he is part of one of the most famous, notorious and important families in global society, and people are curious by nature and eager to know what is going on behind the scenes of this family.
For 2 years, the public has been witnessing the fall of the Sussexes, it has become a live soap opera, people are waiting for the sequel, because it is not over.
Perfect summary. Merci beaucoup.

sorry I dont know what doubles down means. As far as I can see, Meg referred to it as a wedding, which it could not be, and Harry is now admitting that it was some kind of thing watched by their dogs.

Kate's private apology wasn't enough after the story became public and widely reported and accepted as FACTUAL AND TRUE.

If KP put out an official denial that Carole Middleton was a snobbish social climber whom her son in law was obsessed with, why couldn't they deny the equally unflattering Bridezilla incident with Kate?

And no, sorry. I don't share your assertion that the Midds deserved an official Palace rebuttal because they are such swell, upstanding people who got ragged on a lot.

No Palace official ever came to the defense of any of the Fergusons or Spencers during their times in the public hot seat over much more serious publicity than having a nouveau riche mindset, which was basically the entire point of the silly, snide Middleton Tatler article.

Who cares whether they do/did?

I assume your comment about expecting Kate to bow to Meg was a facetious one. So for that reason I will simply ignore it.:cool:
We will just have to agree to disagree. I’m not going back and forth over this. I explained my reason.

sorry I dont know what doubles down means. As far as I can see, Meg referred to it as a wedding, which it could not be, and Harry is now admitting that it was some kind of thing watched by their dogs.
Double down basically they backpedaled out of Meghan’s earlier statement from the Oprah interview about the secret wedding. Those two love to dig holes and gaslight people. They think that people forget what they say

Double down basically they backpedaled out of Meghan’s earlier statement from the Oprah interview about the secret wedding. Those two love to dig holes and gaslight people. They think that people forget what they say

Frankly Im surprised that Harry even made an attempt to do this, to make some kind of plausible explanation. He just flat out contradicts himself more often than not. like the statement that they didn't say the RF was racist or that he did not really critiicse Camilla.

Frankly Im surprised that Harry even made an attempt to do this, to make some kind of plausible explanation. He just flat out contradicts himself more often than not. like the statement that they didn't say the RF was racist or that he did not really critiicse Camilla.
Well he thinks that he’s smart which he isn’t, but hey you can’t stop someone from being delusional. They are gaslighting people. They are always sidestepping these situations (not answering directly or fully)

I'm still chuckling at the post that had a picture of the crown monogrammed "door mat" from the fan girl Bryony Gordon puff piece.

Speaking of door mats, I wonder if Harry has Staff there in California address them as Your Royal Highness ? And bows ? If I had to bet, I would say yes.

I'm inclined to agree. IMHO the previous "Call me Harry" image is purely for public consumption to give the impression he's a nice bloke. His book disproves that theory and I suspect it's very different in private.

On that note I'm off to order a monogrammed doormat with mine and my cat's initials...?

Indeed, the Sussexes think, maybe, that people have forgotten what they said or even wrote, but unfortunately the Sussexes forget that there is the web, online diaries and paper diaries... ...and that in today's society nothing that is published disappears. We may still have access to this information.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so funny to me. Two dogs don’t count as witnesses. They really are in their own world.

oh God even Harry does not think the dogs are witnesses. He just mentioned them to make it sound cute, because they DID get a lot of flak over the wedding lie.

A very good post that hits the nail on the head and very astute observations by the French.

Well he thinks that he’s smart which he isn’t, but hey you can’t stop someone from being delusional. They are gaslighting people. They are always sidestepping these situations (not answering directly or fully)

It is odd that he didn't realise that his admission of mocking and laughing at Pat the Matron would not look bad to most people. time for him to come up with some way of drawing back from that.

oh God even Harry does not think the dogs are witnesses. He just mentioned them to make it sound cute, because they DID get a lot of flak over the wedding lie.

A poster summed up that the ceremony was unofficial with two dogs as witnesses so yes he is silly enough to consider them witnesses. I mean this is coming from a guy who thinks that seals were singing to his then pregnant wife. ???:lol::lol:
I get what you’re saying but “making it sound cute” won’t help because it sounds childish.

It is odd that he didn't realise that his admission of mocking and laughing at Pat the Matron would not look bad to most people. time for him to come up with some way of drawing back from that.
Well his fans and others LOVE to make questionable excuses for him so. Plus he basically said he would say whatever came to mind about his past and present so yeah, he has said things without thinking about how deeply it will be looked at.

I'm inclined to agree. IMHO the previous "Call me Harry" image is purely for public consumption to give the impression he's a nice bloke. His book disproves that theory and I suspect it's very different in private.

On that note I'm off to order a monogrammed doormat with mine and my cat's initials...?

A worthy addition to any home and will enhance your curb appeal tremendously! :D

I think that Harry and Meghan get caught in lies and contradictions that they have been able to convince themselves that they are not lying or contradicting themselves, their go to, Harry especially, is to blame the tabloids. Case in point, the racism accusation. Per Harry, neither he nor Meghan accused the BRF of racism, rather it is the tabloids that characterized their assertions as racism, and he is going to stick to that regardless of numerous other data points stating that reasonable people and Sussex supporters drew the same conclusion, and the Sussexes were given an award for exposing structural racism. All that is tuned out, according to Harry, neither he nor Meghan used the word racism and the tabloids used the word racism any controversy is rooted in tabloid persecution.

A second example is that any criticism of his book is again due to tabloids. I agree with the point that many articles regarding Harry discussing his experience in Afghanistan, particularly the part about the chess pieces, was reported out of context. Although an argument can be made about other Afghanistan related disclosures.

Nevertheless, several non-Afghanistan related disclosures have been written about and not received well by individuals and media who have been indifferent or even supportive of the Sussexes. Again, based on my take of an exchange between Harry and Stephen Colbert, Harry is tuning all that out and seems to think that any criticism or negative reaction to his book is due to people believing the tabloids taking one of his stories out of context.

So again, I think that Harry has found a way, for the time being, to not be introspective or accountable.

Meghan, as many have already remarked, is suspiciously quiet during this whole Spare episode (is she playing a Spare role herself, one wonders..) I am willing to bet that she is currently working on her own memoirs that will go far to position her as the ‘wannabe’ that she is suspected of being. I will say here that if I hear the Dove soap lotion story once more, I shall SCREAM!

Talking about commercial products/advertising I did see a comment relating to a newspaper article about the Elizabeth Arden business (I tried to post a link here at the time but I don't think it worked).

So this person suggested in the comments that the reason Harry made such a big deal of using Elizabeth Arden cream was that he did it in the hopes that they would ask Meghan to be the "face" of Elizabeth Arden beauty products, thus earning extra megabucks. IMHO this was spot on (no pun intended).

With that in mind, and noting that back along I saw a picture of Meghan appearing to have a meltdown in the presence of a carefully folded Hermes blanket, I'm curious to know if Harry makes other pointed references to products in the book...such as Diet Coke for example :D

As to why she is keeping a low profile, I have my suspicions!

So again, I think that Harry has found a way, for the time being, to not be introspective or accountable.

His hypocrisy is astounding. "Tell us what we did wrong and we'll apologize!" he states dramatically, yet when someone told them what's wrong, Harry shouts and strong feminist Meghan collapses down in tears. (I'm reminded of the famous left eye, two seconds but her supporters and husband seem to consider her unable to act out of the movie set.) Harry finds her, comforts her and turns his anger at everyone who dared tell her something she didn't want to hear.

I don't see any apologies here. Accountability? That's for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom