"Spare" memoir by the Duke of Sussex (2023)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry seems close to a Messiah Complex.
You know I have always been there to help my family with their problems.(saviour)
I am going to change the british press and this will make so many peoples' life better.(healer) as it is a great danger to the UK.
I believe a reconciliation with me could make a global change.(saviour)
I wished my family had been there in the two darkest moments of my life.( Father where art you)
Reconciliation is 100% possible with me. (ego te absolvo) ball is in their field (sinners come to me)
Still waiting for revenge( judgement day) would make a difference to sooo many people.

Never been so happy, everything I need and want, PEACE. ( but I'd come back to save your souls)

And I was totally unaware that H&M are still serving the RF, " we still do the same work", " we are now not tax-funded", we just live in the US. (Mary&Joseph in Egypt)

For everythingelse:
I was 10 y in the military, I served in Afghanistan (NOT William).
If you don't understand this, you are wrong!

- Well, Jesus.

Is Messiah Complex a recognised mental condition brought on by marijuana or ..PTSD?
Can it show itself in middle age? Does anyone see Harry as perhaps being ill?

Y

Nonetheless, it would be helpful if Charles would at some point clarify their current status - as they remain known as master and miss (on the website) while they have moved on to be grandchildren of a monarch since he ascended the throne.
Ha, whatever Charles might have said, would be twisted by H and Meg to make C sound bad. If he spoke of htem as Prince and Princess, they wuold say that they didnt want them to be HRH P and Pss. If he went on calling them just Archie and Lili, h e'd be accused of depriving them of their rightful titles because of their race

I must admit that conspiracy theorist are having a field day with this. And for the oddest thing - hoping that the moderators would allow me to elaborate.
It appears that the Nazi as well as the British spies looked among the German royals on their side during WWII for royals (or descendants therefore) for specially talented people that are able to go into people minds and take over their inner thoughts. The SS group documentation noted that they were able to make people completely crazy, commit suicide, implant negative or positive thoughts and memories. When I heard this - I thought of a movie, but yes it appears that the Nazi were looking for these people. And yes - Churchill apparently made the same request of the British royals to ask family members.

So the general conspiracy theory is that we have one working here - don't you love the internet.

I must admit that conspiracy theorist are having a field day with this. And for the oddest thing - hoping that the moderators would allow me to elaborate.
It appears that the Nazi as well as the British spies looked among the German royals on their side during WWII for royals (or descendants therefore) for specially talented people that are able to go into people minds and take over their inner thoughts. The SS group documentation noted that they were able to make people completely crazy, commit suicide, implant negative or positive thoughts and memories. When I heard this - I thought of a movie, but yes it appears that the Nazi were looking for these people. And yes - Churchill apparently made the same request of the British royals to ask family members.

So the general conspiracy theory is that we have one working here - don't you love the internet.

For most people, it is unthinkable that a person like Harry, born to so much privilege, with every material advantage possible, end up like how he has now. It's easier to believe there's something more at play rather than plain greed and jealousy on his part.

For most people, it is unthinkable that a person like Harry, born to so much privilege, with every material advantage possible, end up like how he has now. It's easier to believe there's something more at play rather than plain greed and jealousy on his part.

He's too stupid to be a plotter, I think he's a cut-out! /LeCarre

You can leave toxic situations without trashing your family with lies and half truth! I hope he finds peace and joy because it is obvious that he lacks both of these in his life!

None of us actually knows what is lies because a whole lot of this is Harry’s interpretation of the events and how it made him feel. I don’t think it’s fair to say that he is lying. And I personally believe that the Firm fights very dirty when someone deviates from the pre-ordained roles with 500+ years of historical context. I expect them (the men in gray lol) to go at them hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
He and Meghan are lying nad lying. Even over simple things. So now they've reached a point where noone beleives them. DId they get married 3 days before the ceremony? No, that was Lie Number 1. DId the RF refuse Archie a title because of his race? No. and so on and so on.

I have the book on my kindle and I'm dipping into it. There's an interesting piece about them needing to move from Nott Cott. Harry had phoned Granny to say they needed a new place to live because of Nott Cott's required repairs and it being too small for them with two dogs and a baby on the way.

"I told her we'd discussed our housing situation with the Palace, and we'd been offered several properties, but each was too grand, we thought. Too lavish. And too expensive to renovate."

'Granny' then thought about it for a few days and suggested Frogmore Cottage.

What's surprising to me is that they were offered several grand properties. I knew they'd been offered the Kensington Palace apartment but I'd love to know which other grand homes they turned down.

I have the book on my kindle and I'm dipping into it. There's an interesting piece about them needing to move from Nott Cott. Harry had phoned Granny to say they needed a new place to live because of Nott Cott's required repairs and it being too small for them with two dogs and a baby on the way.

"I told her we'd discussed our housing situation with the Palace, and we'd been offered several properties, but each was too grand, we thought. Too lavish. And too expensive to renovate."

What's surprising to me is that they were offered several grand properties. I knew they'd been offered the Kensington Palace apartment but I'd love to know which other grand homes they turned down.

I would also like to know what the two consider "too lavish" if they ended up buying a 16-bedroom mansion...

I can't imagine Stephen Colbert conducting a serious interview with H.

Stephen was a child when he lost members of his family in a plane crash. He's a smart guy. He may not like being "chosen" because of his family history and the solidarity the Sussexes assume he must have with Harry.

Recently Stephen Colbert mocked queen Elizabeth on his show. Perhaps, he was chosen for his anti-monarchist views.

He and Meghan are lying nad lying. Even over simple things. So now they've reached a point where noone beleives them. DId they get married 3 days before the ceremony? No, that was Lie Number 1. DId the RF refuse Archie a title because of his race? No. and so on and so on.

How can anyone confuse a Wedding rehearsal with their actual Wedding ceremony?

Have they ever come back to clarify this anomaly?

How can anyone confuse a Wedding rehearsal with their actual Wedding ceremony?

Have they ever come back to clarify this anomaly?

I dont think so. I think they just ignore it when soemone pulls them up over discrepancies, and hope it will go away. Im sure thery were not confused, it was just Meghan sounding off trying to make herself more important.. that she had 2 wedding ceremonies and the big one was just for the little Peoeple

There's an interesting piece about planting/leaking stories. At the end of April 2019, William rang Harry, furious about some negative stories on the Cambridges that he said were "planted by Pa and Camilla's people" and he (William) wasn't going to take it anymore. "They've done this to me for the last time."

Apparently, this was a woman "the most gung-ho member of Pa's comms team" who had launched a campaign at getting good press for Charles and Camilla at the expense of William and Harry. There's also an accusation that she gave the press stories about them in exchange for suppressing stories about Camilla's son "who'd been gadding around London, generating tawdry rumours".

William, in Harry's presence, had already confronted Charles about this woman, "How could you be letting a stranger do this to your sons?" Charles became angry and told them they were paranoid and the fact he was getting better press than them didn't mean his staff were behind it. Harry says they had proof because newsroom reporters were telling him and William that this woman was selling them out.

"Pa refused to listen. His response was churlish. Granny has her person, why can't I have mine?. By Granny's person he meant Angela. Among the many services she performed for Granny, she was said to be skilled at planting and leaking stories."

Harry says he was glad that William had come to him about Pa and so he tried to connect "what Pa and Camilla had done to him, with what the press had done to Meg. Willy snapped: I've got different issues with you two! In a blink he shifted all his rage onto me."

What follows are several paragraphs about William shouting down the phone at Harry but no recollection of what he actually said because Harry says he was so "beyond tired" he lost the thread.

I read many many articles in which the assertion was made in the British media that ‘Meghan made Kate cry’. It was at its height during the time that London tabloids were beating the drum that the feud between the brothers had started with Meghan’s disruptive arrival and had broken the brotherly bond, the narrative being that she had broken up the united trio that had existed.

Those stories were around when the Sussexes were still working royals and they didn’t stop at any time after they left. That assertion about Meghan making Kate cry was still in newspapers and repeated ad nauseam when the Sussexes were living in Canada and then when they moved to LA. That was long before the Oprah interview.

Maybe they both cried. It happens. I do agree that story took legs and ran and ran. It was also in Finding Freedom but a different version.
It was a nothing story that is still running. What family has not had issues before a wedding.

I like the Times review best, too.

But, this book was marketed incorrectly. It made it sound like Harry was going to reflect on his mistakes, and what he has learned to be a better person.

It’s not that.

What it is, as one of the reviews clearly outlined, is a memoir of childhood grief and how it continues to affect every aspect of his being.

If it had been marketed as such, I would have more sympathy for the project (not a lot, just more.)

I understand they looked at Adelaide Cottage, and then more outside the Ascot Windsor area. I am told they were keen on one in the Ascot area - and it was looked into - security, cost of renovation ect. But Meghan wanted something more modern.

I understand they looked at Adelaide Cottage, and then more outside the Ascot Windsor area. I am told they were keen on one in the Ascot area - and it was looked into - security, cost of renovation ect. But Meghan wanted something more modern.

How do you understand they looked at Adelaide and who told you they were keen on one in the Ascot area?

Sad to see that Catherine who like William and Harry had their phones hacked and private voice-mail conversations made public in an effort to make money, again has a private conversation revealed in an effort to make money.:sad: To have it done by family members must make it even more painful.

Interestingly enough this is more or less what they sued the Daily Mail over; the letter that Meghan sent to Thomas Markle & was published.

Was the text message supposedly the reason that Meghan was crying on the floor? While on the same day -as they write in the book- the issues with Thomas Markle were going on. As far as causality goes I would imagine the latter would be more of a cause for landing on the floor in tears.

There's an interesting piece about planting/leaking stories. At the end of April 2019, William rang Harry, furious about some negative stories on the Cambridges that he said were "planted by Pa and Camilla's people" and he (William) wasn't going to take it anymore. "They've done this to me for the last time."

Apparently, this was a woman "the most gung-ho member of Pa's comms team" who had launched a campaign at getting good press for Charles and Camilla at the expense of William and Harry. There's also an accusation that she gave the press stories about them in exchange for suppressing stories about Camilla's son "who'd been gadding around London, generating tawdry rumours".

William, in Harry's presence, had already confronted Charles about this woman, "How could you be letting a stranger do this to your sons?" Charles became angry and told them they were paranoid and the fact he was getting better press than them didn't mean his staff were behind it. Harry says they had proof because newsroom reporters were telling him and William that this woman was selling them out.

"Pa refused to listen. His response was churlish. Granny has her person, why can't I have mine?. By Granny's person he meant Angela. Among the many services she performed for Granny, she was said to be skilled at planting and leaking stories."

Harry says he was glad that William had come to him about Pa and so he tried to connect "what Pa and Camilla had done to him, with what the press had done to Meg. Willy snapped: I've got different issues with you two! In a blink he shifted all his rage onto me."

What follows are several paragraphs about William shouting down the phone at Harry but no recollection of what he actually said because Harry says he was so "beyond tired" he lost the thread.

I actually know exactly what he is talking about - which is funny. And even through Clarence House tried to stop the Tom Parker Bowles story it ran anyway.
Did the Queen have her actually thought about stuff given to the press - probably, but I don't think it was Angela Kelly and it was not about trifle silly matter and not at the expense of her family.
Did Charles - definitely - about the dumbest things and strategic and against his family. The Queen even called a meeting about it after the BP press office complaint about the Clarence House press office. It was no secret. But was it William and Harry thrown to the wolf - no target was on the Wessex's and Prince Andrew. The stuff on Harry and William was human interest stuff - basically just information about their lives - nothing that could damage their reputation. Just stories about how they were in school, what they were doing on holiday ect. Harry does not see the difference between malicious leaks and leaks in general. And I get it.
But lets point out that we all know that ELF and Knauf leaked happily to Omid Scobie and Camilla Tominey for years - when it suited them it was okay.

About the Housing accommodation, I'm still of the mindset that Harry and the newly pregnant Meghan were planning on embarking of some kind of HI-HO model by the time they were looking at Housing once they returned from very successful Australian Tour.

A "suitable " apartment at Kensington Palace was OUT, they wanted away from William and Kate. They probably figured they didn't need a lavish home, unlike their Montecito Mansion, as they WEREN'T going to be full time UK residents anyway.
That's my take anyway. I believe very early on they knew long term - full time Working Royals wasn't their future.

As a Mother who had her young daughter as a Flower Girl in a Wedding, I can definitely see Kate's concern and anxiety over the ill fitting dress a mere four days away. Four days. A Wedding that would be watched by Millions.

Princess Charlotte IS a public figure, the photos would be there forever. And yes, I'm going to be snide, and its just my opinion, but I didn't think the fit or style was great in any case. I can't imagine how bad it must have looked BEFORE the alterations were made then. It still looked to big on Princess Charlotte.
A think Meghan loves "messaging" too. The Navy Blue Dress that she wore to Eugenie's Wedding was deliberate. It was cut - designed to make her appear her pregnancy was further along. I noticed that the minute I saw her appear that day. Meghan's pregnant.

Stealing thunder from the Bride. Purposely.

Last edited:

I’d love to know what was supposedly too grand given where they live now.

The bit about the matron is horrible:
"Unlike other matrons, Pat wasn't hot. Pat was cold. Pat was small, mousy, frazzled and her hair fell greasily into her always tired eyes. Pat didn't seem to get much joy out of life."

Harry goes on to describe that she did enjoy catching boys being naughty and was "empathy challenged" when dealing with boys' minor cuts. He says Pat had many crosses to bear.

"The biggest being her knees and spine. The latter was crooked, the former chronically stiff. Walking was hard, stairs were torture. She'd descend backwards, glacially. Often we'd stand on the landing below her, doing antic dances, making faces. Do I need to say who did this with the most enthusiasm?"

He doesn't show any remorse but instead excuses it because he did it to make his friends laugh and he says that Pat also laughed if she caught him.
"I loved cracking up my mates but nothing quite did it for me like making the otherwise miserable Pat bust a gut."

It's astonishing isn't it that he can write this with no deeper reflection on how the poor woman must have felt to have him mock her and that her laughter might have been a defence mechanism against the bullying taunts she'd probably endured before. I wonder if she's still living or has family. Imagine the hurt to be described in this unflattering and unkind manner so publicly.

Last edited:
Of course it was a defence mechanism. Imagine if she had shown anger or hurt. The little darlings would have had the day of their life. And I don't think the school would have stood behind her.

She did the best she could.

Thanks for keeping us informed, Lilyflo!

Last edited:
This morning's papers are focusing on Harry's attacks on Camilla. Charles has forgiven Harry a lot, but this could be the final straw.

Of course it was a defence mechanism. Imagine if she had shown anger or hurt. The little darlings would have had the day of their life. And I don't think the school would have stood behind her.

She did the best she could.

Thanks for keeping us informed, Lilyflo!

I genuinely feel upset and angry about that poor (clearly exhausted) woman. How could he, as an adult, write about her like that? He now talks about changing the world and spreading peace and love while actually treating people appallingly. His grandiosity is sickening.

I've just read the section describing Archie's birth. I'm not going to post it because it's TMI for me, it references homeopathy and other woo-woo nonsense (IMO) so I found it irritating. Talk about invading his own privacy!

The bit about the matron is horrible:
"Unlike other matrons, Pat wasn't hot. Pat was cold. Pat was small, mousy, frazzled and her hair fell greasily into her always frazzled eyes. Pat didn't seem to get much joy out of life."

Harry goes on to describe that she did enjoy catching boys being naughty and was "empathy challenged" when dealing with boys' minor cuts. He says Pat had many crosses to bear.

"The biggest being her knees and spine. The latter was crooked, the former chronically stiff. Walking was hard, stairs were torture. She'd descend backwards, glacially. Often we'd stand on the landing below her, doing antic dances, making faces. Do I need to say who did this with the most enthusiasm?"

He doesn't show any remorse but instead excuses it because he did it to make his friends laugh and he says that Pat also laughed if she caught him.
"I loved cracking up my mates but nothing quite did it for me like making the otherwise miserable Pat bust a gut."

It's astonishing isn't it that he can write this with no deeper reflection on how the poor woman must have felt to have him mock her and that her laughter might have been a defence mechanism against the bullying taunts she'd probably endured before. I wonder if she's still living or has family. Imagine the hurt to be described in this unflattering and unkind manner so publicly.

Actually, I can sort of see where Harry's coming from. How much of his life had he already been encouraged to be "cheeky"? How much of his role in the family had been making emotionally-distant (the Queen) or emotionally-distressed (Diana) women laugh and smile with mischief or naughtiness?

We know Harry's not the most reflective person, but it does seem like he was trying to get her to be slightly less constantly-sour, even with a very limited toolkit. Not that he was trying to hurt her or that he realized he might be making it worse. Or that he realizes describing her when he's an adult and not a schoolboy is even more selfish and limited and could make things even worse.

Actually, I can sort of see where Harry's coming from. How much of his life had he already been encouraged to be "cheeky"? How much of his role in the family had been making emotionally-distant (the Queen) or emotionally-distressed (Diana) women laugh and smile with mischief or naughtiness?

We know Harry's not the most reflective person, but it does seem like he was trying to get her to be slightly less constantly-sour, even with a very limited toolkit. Not that he was trying to hurt her or that he realized he might be making it worse. Or that he realizes describing her when he's an adult and not a schoolboy is even more selfish and limited and could make things even worse.
But it doesn't seem like he was trying to get her to be less sour. He said he did it to amuse his friends. The part about her laughing if she caught him aka he usually did it behind her back, so not to make her laugh, is a classical, "See? She laughed. It wasn't this bad. I didn't do anything wrong."

I agree about the cheeky part, though. I've often recounted the puppy video here. Charles and Diana grinning like their precious offspring is so cute while he's manhandling the puppy - and when William got him to stop, Diana scolded him. What could be expected of Harry when he was indulged like this in his formative years?

Last edited:
HaHa Prince Harry was speaking french on French TV TF1 at 11 .15 pm. (translation of his 60 minutes interview interrupted 3 times for Publicity.
His hate for the Press is written along his Book but he failed , himself and the whole Press will have millions and millions euros /dollars.
AMEN to this thread

Last edited:
Harry seems close to a Messiah Complex.
You know I have always been there to help my family with their problems.(saviour)
I am going to change the british press and this will make so many peoples' life better.(healer) as it is a great danger to the UK.
I believe a reconciliation with me could make a global change.(saviour)
I wished my family had been there in the two darkest moments of my life.( Father where art you)
Reconciliation is 100% possible with me. (ego te absolvo) ball is in their field (sinners come to me)
Still waiting for revenge( judgement day) would make a difference to sooo many people.

Never been so happy, everything I need and want, PEACE. ( but I'd come back to save your souls)

And I was totally unaware that H&M are still serving the RF, " we still do the same work", " we are now not tax-funded", we just live in the US. (Mary&Joseph in Egypt)

For everythingelse:
I was 10 y in the military, I served in Afghanistan (NOT William).
If you don't understand this, you are wrong!

- Well, Jesus.

????

Amen to that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom